How many toons should we expect w/ movie releases?

Prev13
Vinny_Vader_Vedi
4626 posts Member
edited May 2018
Title.
When R1 came out we got a whopping
12 toons.
9 - R1
3-Empire
TLJ- 6 toons
3- res
3- fo

Solo seems ripe with scoundrels/ smugglers
And we almost have 2 - han and chewy
Will we see more TLJ toons?
Was R1 just a flash in the pan that was building a smaller roster at the time?
Is there a pattern here -
Trilogy - less toons
Stand alone- more toons
I know mums the word when we ask about certain toons being implemented but!
are lips still sealed when it comes to how many in total will be coming from the movie?
Post edited by Vinny_Vader_Vedi on

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    At least 2 :wink:
  • Kyno wrote: »
    At least 2 :wink:

Lmao cheeky
  • Didn't we get 3 empire toons? Shoretrooper, deathtrooper and krennic?
  • I think we should be at the point where fringe characters are not welcome. Does anyone actually use tusken raiders?
  • Didn't we get 3 empire toons? Shoretrooper, deathtrooper and krennic?
    Yes you are right!

• I think we should be at the point where fringe characters are not welcome. Does anyone actually use tusken raiders?

In TW I do. Good o and tm gain. But I agree,
    I’m talking more about Young Lando, Thandie Newtons character , Khaleesi, more troopers etc.
    especially with the smugglers tag that they are still working on.

In TW I do. Good o and tm gain. But I agree,
    I’m talking more about Young Lando, Thandie Newtons character , Khaleesi, more troopers etc.
    especially with the smugglers tag that they are still working on.

Young Lando would be more of a main stream character, more so than another tusken or CUP version. We all know of a dozen characters or a couple teams that shouldn't have been included. Characters that could've been included, that are more important to the story arcs.
  • ChrisAce
    33 posts Member
    What I would say is dont expect anything and you wont be dissapointed IF no others are added, but there probably are to answer your question ;)
  • Dunno if we should expect any!

What will be will be...just have to wait and see :smile:

Bet some of you lot used to peek at your Christmas presents before the big day! :open_mouth:
  • IF you expect more characters, you may end up with a Jar Jar... nobody wants that
  • Dunno if we should expect any!

What will be will be...just have to wait and see :smile:

Bet some of you lot used to peek at your Christmas presents before the big day! :open_mouth:

Christmas yields double drops or a zeta.
    Obviously we ll see when it comes. Taking away speculation would mean taking away 75 percent of the forums lol
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    So a month ago I would've guessed similar to Rogue 1, altho they might have outdone themselves even there, so maybe like 10.

However, since Baby Solo dropped that they signed him on for 3 movies, I think there's a good chance they go more the more conservative route with 6-8, leaving them with more room to have original in game toons if they make a sequel in a couple years.
  • IF you expect more characters, you may end up with a Jar Jar... nobody wants that

I do, I want to feed him to the rancor
  • Drepd
    130 posts Member
    the biggest problem will be that all these new toons will probabaly be more powerful in game than all major characters in the current universe.
  • i hope they can add a new imperial trooper since there is going to be empire in this movie and we all know how the movies like to show off new troopers in movies.
  • Drepd wrote: »
    the biggest problem will be that all these new toons will probabaly be more powerful in game than all major characters in the current universe.

I think they have been doing pretty good.
    Fox, KRU, Sffotp, rose, holdo, Mauradar - they aren’t op at all- some are just fun.
    JTR- should be amazing (hero’s journey)
    Traya looks godlike but that’s expected - raid reward.
    I think they have balanced the new toons a bit better than before.

New han and chewy have a novel of ability descriptions lol not sold on them at all.
    Clay_D0h wrote: »
    i hope they can add a new imperial trooper since there is going to be empire in this movie and we all know how the movies like to show off new troopers in movies.

Same same same same
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    We got eight toons from TLJ. KRU, FOSFTP, FOX, JTR, Rose, Amilyn, SF TIE Fighter, and TIE Silencer.
    Still not a he.
  • How many we get for TLJ?
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    We got eight toons from TLJ. KRU, FOSFTP, FOX, JTR, Rose, Amilyn, SF TIE Fighter, and TIE Silencer.

Wasn’t counting ships. But fair enough.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Ships are units, too, and take at least as many development resources to add to the game.
    How many we get for TLJ?
    I... literally just answered that in the post above yours.

Eight so far. Probably more eventually, but not yet.
    Still not a he.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    We have multiple versions of the same character because each one is supposed to be a snapshot of them at a particular time in the development of that character. So I'm thinking we'll get a new Han for each scene in the movie. Or perhaps a Han for how he appears at every 2 min interval in the movie.

A just woke up Han.
    A slapping his alarm Han.
    A yawning, and scratching Han.
    An appreciating himself in the mirror a bit longer than is warranted Han.
    A brushing his teeth to get rid of the taste of alien adult beverages from last night Han.
    A fumbling through his clothes trying to find a clean shirt because his mom says that hot shot pilots who quit the Imperial Academy (after all the tuition was paid up front) to be two bit hustlers can do their own laundry Han.

If they play their cards right they can squeeze at least 60 new Hans out of this movie, and Mace Windu will still be terrible.

#JediRework #MaceRework
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    The stand-alone films (or at least the one we've had so far) introduce far more unique characters that won't be a part of any other SW story line, so it makes sense that there are more toons being placed in-game for each one relative to the "main" trilogies. Episode 7-9 all have the same main cast, so there's less opportunity for new characters to be added.

So what that meas for Solo depends on how many new characters they introduce that aren't a part of the main story. I do doubt they'll go quite as heavy as they did with R1 though. I also think we can definitely expect the new trooper.
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    We have multiple versions of the same character because each one is supposed to be a snapshot of them at a particular time in the development of that character. So I'm thinking we'll get a new Han for each scene in the movie. Or perhaps a Han for how he appears at every 2 min interval in the movie.

A just woke up Han.
    A slapping his alarm Han.
    A yawning, and scratching Han.
    An appreciating himself in the mirror a bit longer than is warranted Han.
    A brushing his teeth to get rid of the taste of alien adult beverages from last night Han.
    A fumbling through his clothes trying to find a clean shirt because his mom says that hot shot pilots who quit the Imperial Academy (after all the tuition was paid up front) to be two bit hustlers can do their own laundry Han.

If they play their cards right they can squeeze at least 60 new Hans out of this movie, and Mace Windu will still be terrible.

#JediRework #MaceRework

I hope “an appreciating himself in the mirror a bit longer than warranted han” will be a legendary!

#buffjedi
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I would imagine Woody and Emily's characters, possibly another Lando (non-Rebel). I'm curious where the new Han (#5) and Chewie (#3) fit in terms of PvE, PvP, raids, etc.
    At this point, Platoons have kind of dampened my enthusiasm for new heroes.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Just feeding the idea that this game is a joke
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    kalidor wrote: »
    At this point, Platoons have kind of dampened my enthusiasm for new heroes.

Yup. 2 new characters that show up at least 3 times each in total (give or take) spread out over the last platoons will mean the guild has to draw straws to see who coughs up the $2,000 to keep from having the TB progress they already paid for taken back. Every new toon means the ransom is higher. It sucks all the joy out of new toons, AND TB... for those of us that used to like TB that is.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Maybe R1 had lot of toons because it was so awesome im still hoping for Saw, Blue Leader, Admiral Raddus and others.

I would guess like 5ish toons and maybe some ships for Han solo movie.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Yeah, brand new marquee characters in platoons is really frustrating. Especially since it's not a temporary situation. There will always be new marquee characters who can show up in those slots.

At the same time, platoons are a bonus mechanic, not an essential one. You can still clear nodes with no platoon bonuses at all.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Yeah, brand new marquee characters in platoons is really frustrating. Especially since it's not a temporary situation. There will always be new marquee characters who can show up in those slots.

At the same time, platoons are a bonus mechanic, not an essential one. You can still clear nodes with no platoon bonuses at all.

Yep. Skip em if you can.
  • Well, I've been wondering about this myself, and have posted comments on it in another thread - because this movie is promising a TON of new faces.

AND, considering that we're ALREADY getting the new Han and Chewbacca in just another day, I suspect there will be a fairly good amount of new toons coming out of this movie over the next couple of months.

But honestly there's a lot of other content coming in the next few months, so who knows really?

In hindsight, this wasn't really a very helpful answer, was it? That's speculation for you.