Meta Report

Empiric1
346 posts Member
https://swgoh.gg/meta-report/#squads

As a new player, it is statistically disturbing how skewed the meta is towards Nightmare, I was secretly hoping the Bounty Hunter rework would have added some diversity to arena, that didn’t happen so waited for Han Solo movie, it’s clear that Young Han and Young Chewie with their scoundrel tag aren’t going to cut it either.

This is not going to change any time soon, Traya is not more OP than Palpa imo but when she’s giving Nihilus 200K HP and making SION a tank with Zolo’s dmg then it’s obviously that the meta is not going to change.

I don’t know about any one else but I am not looking forward to fighting the same team with either Palpa or Traya (depending how mature your shard is) until 2020.

Curious what people's thoughts are on this ?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As a new player, I am sure you have not seen how not diverse the meta report has been. This is actually pretty diverse and has been showing some follow through from the dev team about not releasing a single toon that will shrink the meta to a team like CLS did. (We will see what the fallout is from treya)

Just like every previous meta, this too shall pass... no worries
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member
    Yeah, it used be like 98% CLS Chaze.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I see more nightsisters than anything else right now in my shard. That or rival Phoenix teams.

Great fun. Great fun. Of course once my fellow recent Palp getters have thrown together a rudimentary Empire team it'll be that instead.

Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    I see more nightsisters than anything else right now in my shard. That or rival Phoenix teams.

Great fun. Great fun. Of course once my fellow recent Palp getters have thrown together a rudimentary Empire team it'll be that instead.

If you're seeing Phoenix or NS then you're probably below level 80, which to be frank doesn't really matter as it's not end game content and it will likely be a matter of 6-12 weeks before your shard is also 90% nightmare teams.

It probably doesn't help that the transition from Phoenix to Nightmare is so easy since that team gives you Palpa, Thrawn and you get Vader just by playing or fleet shard currency.
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member
    I'm a 1-year player and I'm still seeing a few NS teams in the 100-200 range. Haven't seen Phoenix in a few months though.

The other day I saw an all G12 95k Ewok team. That was kinda neat.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I'm a 1-year player and I'm still seeing a few NS teams in the 100-200 range. Haven't seen Phoenix in a few months though.

Yeah see I think that's awesome ( the EWOK team), it would just be nice to not see Palpatine's face across all of the top 100.
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member
    There's still a decent amount of JTR and Rex.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Empiric1 wrote: »

Yeah see I think that's awesome ( the EWOK team), it would just be nice to not see Palpatine's face across all of the top 100.

What about all the JTR and CLS in there as well??? I think this is the first time in 2 years the meta is spread across 3 leads. And Treya will just like GK was instead not on all teams and just DS ones. I think a lot of people forget or were not around when GK was on EVERY team DS and LS.
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member
    Foxer wrote: »

What about all the JTR and CLS in there as well???

CLS?

Emperor Palpatine 1658 40%
    CT-7567 "Rex" 885 21%
    Rey (Jedi Training) 867 21%
    Commander Luke Skywalker 267 6%
  • RJT still beats EP led Traya squads, you just have to know the right formula.

A weak EP led Traya squad goes down to Wiggs LOL

Traya is not going to break the game like a lot of people fear/feared.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Where I am in my shard it's all Wiggs, Ns, FO, I seem to be one of the few running empire (This is around #300) top 50 is all Ep leads though, with the occasional cls/fo. This is a December 2017 shard and I doubt traya is coming to mine soon anyway.
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    I only see 1 CLS team in my shard and I have a feeling he does it more for roleplaying purposes than anything

Most of the people I know who have G12 JTR changed to Nightmare/Palpa as well, JTR is not good on defense, not compared to nightmare any way.

I think someone said Rex earlier, Rex is just a response to Palpa, so if Empire/Sith didn’t exist neither would Rex.

In terms of comparing Treya to GK, my problem is not with Treya, my problem is with the whole team, I haven’t even seen a Treya yet, the only difference Treya will make is replace Vader in that team, it’s not Treya’s fault/issue, I think you’re right in terms that she won’t be as prominent as GK because you can’t just fit her into any team like you can GK
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I think someone said Rex earlier, Rex is just a response to Palpa, so if Empire/Sith didn’t exist neither would Rex.

Rex jumps up the meta report every time the meta changes to a debuff team.
    Wardai wrote: »
    Where I am in my shard it's all Wiggs, Ns, FO, I seem to be one of the few running empire (This is around #300) top 50 is all Ep leads though, with the occasional cls/fo. This is a December 2017 shard and I doubt traya is coming to mine soon anyway.

Wiggs will disappear soon enough from your shard. I still use them on offense to climb against EP teams but lately I get knocked back before I can even do my next battle.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    My shard top 50 has
    5 CLS,
    22 EP,
    16 JTR
    3 Rex
    2 MT
    1 GK/Zariss (lol)
    And 1 Traya (me :) )

That’s fairly diverse. And the EP’s aren’t necessarily centered at the top. They only hold 7 of the top 20 positions.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Ender22 wrote: »
    Congrats on Traya

Wardai wrote: »

Wiggs will disappear soon enough from your shard. I still use them on offense to climb against EP teams but lately I get knocked back before I can even do my next battle.

Guessing that, unfortunately running an aoe team into a biggs just sets up infinite shots and been having horrible luck on shots, starting to miss not seeing phoenix for free wins now.
  • TVF
    36576 posts Member
    That’s fairly diverse. And the EP’s aren’t necessarily centered at the top. They only hold 7 of the top 20 positions.

I assume you're looking at a snapshot in time. Top positions rotate throughout the day.
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member

I assume you're looking at a snapshot in time. Top positions rotate throughout the day.

Yes
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    My shard top 50 has
    5 CLS,
    22 EP,
    16 JTR
    3 Rex
    2 MT
    1 GK/Zariss (lol)

**** that's really good, in my shard there's 0 jtr (people have her they just run nightmare instead), 1 CLS (again this guy is a bit of a weirdo and I think he just does it for roleplaying), there's 1 rex ( me), 3-4 Nightsisters and 3 First Order, rest is all palpa.
  • More diverse than it's been in a long time really.

Is what it is. I don't pay so I'm not that worried about who is or isn't meta. I enjoy playing Arena. I won't get to the top because I don't want to pay. I do alright, for me. Just broken the 200 mark. Which for me is an achievement. I think, in a few months I can break the 100 mark and that will be it I think. Let the big dogs fight amongst themselves :smile:
  • Ender22
    1194 posts Member
    I personally Hate zEP vs zEP. It can be so RNG dependent. Sometimes I left zEP in for defense, others I left JTR. Had better chances at staying up high with zEP but I normally wouldn’t fall past 20 with JTR.

But on the rise, I’d switch between zEP, NS, and JTR without any mod switching. Now however, I’ve got a new toy, and I’m testing how that goes.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I personally Hate zEP vs zEP. It can be so RNG dependent. Sometimes I left zEP in for defense, others I left JTR. Had better chances at staying up high with zEP but I normally wouldn’t fall past 20 with JTR.

But on the rise, I’d switch between zEP, NS, and JTR without any mod switching. Now however, I’ve got a new toy, and I’m testing how that goes.

Curious if its woth subbing in Maul on a mirror EP match. AOE daze = you win.