When is JTR coming back?

2Next

Replies

• Mlb3005
    21 posts Member
    Its seems like you guys are having problem understanding what I wrote.
    I started farming Han and Chewie the second they were released to be able to farm.
    All the others I have level 7 and fully geared.
    But I have not focused on any other than those 2 in cantina, no mods, no other characters and I’m literally just completed them 10-12 days ago.
    That’s 3x refreshs a day + the midday extra.
    Th drop rate is horrible.

But what I don’t get is why they changed the way they unlock heroes, why do you have to have all those characters to 7 stars to even get play the second tier?

If I had unlocked her now with 4-5 stars I would at least have felt that there was something achievable about it.

• Mlb3005
    21 posts Member
    Mlb3005 wrote: »
    It is Completely absurd its only every 3-4 months that you can obtain such a critical Character.

So you can only acquire this Character 3 maybe 4 times a YEAR!!!!!!

I'm starting to get so annoyed about this, and that the characters you needed to unlock her was released to obtain in shards 7-8 days before the event, And that you needed all of them to 7 stars to even unlock her.
    I spend money on this game I have played this game for over 2 years now and spent maybe 1500 Euros on it And now I feel absolutely useless.

@EA Make it every 2 month

If you wanted JTR--we knew how important she was for the Sith raid when she came last--why didn't you buckle down and start farming the team when you missed her last time? Three-or-four months between events is plenty of time to farm the teams from scratch, barring horrible RNG; I didn't have a resistance team at all the last time the event came through, now my Veterans are done and I'm finishing off Finn and Rey (who I'd only been farming through the guild store until now) and gear/abilities/etc for the team (I'm going to try with G8, level 7 abilities, and area mods).

Does three or four months seem like a long time to wait if you miss an event by a hair? Yes, but SW:GOH is a long-term planning game, and there's enough Legendary/Journey characters--with more to come--that the schedule can't really account for all of them all the time. Take the time to improve your characters/teams for her, farm her gear, and hoard the zetas for her.

Already have been doing that for the last 3 weeks I have 60 zetas all the gear and are collecting mods when I find the right ones
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    The drop rate is the same as for all other toons.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Interesting.

First of all, disagreeing with you and misunderstanding you are two entirely different things.

Now, let's math.

Vets went farmable November 22, 2017. And we'll say you hit 7* for them 12 days ago, to be as generous as possible, so on May 8th, 2018. 167 days.

Generall assumption for the length of a farm for one vet from scratch with three refreshes a day is 34 days on average. 68 for both. This has been done successfully by many a person.

But let's calculate. Conventional wisdom is the drop rate is somewhere between one in four and one in three. Data suggests one in three, but let's assume one in four to be safe.

Total cantina energy for the day is 535. At 16 energy an attempt, that's 33.4375 attempts per day. At 25% drop rate, that's 8.359375 shards/day. Assuming no marquee shards, unlock from scratch, you need 660 shards total, which would take on average 78.953271 days.

You are claiming that over the course of about 5584 attempts, you had a drop rate less than half of the conventionally assumed odds that seem to hold true for the rest of the player base.

Friend, I strongly question your timeline.
    Still not a he.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    I started farming Han and Chewie the second they were released to be able to farm.
    But I have not focused on any other than those 2 in cantina, no mods, no other characters and I’m literally just completed them 10-12 days ago.

I'm sorry, but I don't believe this.

Ok, I lied. I'm not sorry.

But I still don't believe this.

The drop rates for vets are on par with drop rates for any other cantina node character.
    But what I don’t get is why they changed the way they unlock heroes, why do you have to have all those characters to 7 stars to even get play the second tier?

They didn't change anything. It was always like this for heroes. (CLS and JTR). You always needed full 7* teams to unlock heroes.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Its seems like you guys are having problem understanding what I wrote.

If I had unlocked her now with 4-5 stars I would at least have felt that there was something achievable about it.

@Mlb3005

a. hero's journeys are always 7 star unlock.
    b. If you stated farming from the very beginning (181 days ago) you would have to be getting 4 shards a day to just finish 10 days ago. The average drop rate (which I have tested over thousands of sims myself and recorded each batch of sims i do) is 1/3 or 33.3%. However, you claim the drop rates are awful, so lets call it 15%. It's very unlikely the drops would stay like this for more than 6 months, but let's just say that's what it is. You spend money, so you should be getting 3 refreshes a day. Let's say you get 144 natural energy (which is really the bare minimum you could be getting), +the 360 from refreshes, that gets you 504 energy per day. 504/16=31.5, but let's call it 31. 31*.15=4.65. If you've been farming for 171 days, you would now have 795 shards of the vets. That's 130 shards of the vets. I call Shenanigans on that one. Either you haven't focused or you didn't start right away, either way it's your fault. Congrats on finishing the vets!
    Post edited by crzydroid on
  • I am now at 269 vet shards remaining, and I am waiting for the double drop event before I spend any more crystals on cantina refreshes. I should have Chewie by then, so there's that. It is a long and slow grind, but you knew what you were getting into with this game. Delayed gratification is free, and instant gratification is probably going to cost you some money. That's how freemium games should work.
  • Just remember that for double-drop weekend, 200crystal refreshes are better value than the shipments.

Normally 200 crystal refreshes are about the same value as a shipment for vet shards.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    Just remember that for double-drop weekend, 200crystal refreshes are better value than the shipments.

Normally 200 crystal refreshes are about the same value as a shipment for vet shards.

Refreshes are usually better. Shipments is 80 crystals per shard, a refresh gets you 8 attempts, 8*.3= 2.6, that means 38 crystals per shard which is less than half of the shipments price.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Random9 wrote: »
    Just remember that for double-drop weekend, 200crystal refreshes are better value than the shipments.

Refreshes are usually better. Shipments is 80 crystals per shard, a refresh gets you 8 attempts, 8*.3= 2.6, that means 38 crystals per shard which is less than half of the shipments price.

That's at 100 crystal refreshes. HobbitCraft is talking about 200 crystal refreshes.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

That's at 100 crystal refreshes. HobbitCraft is talking about 200 crystal refreshes.

The scale is 2:1 for 200 crystal refreshes to 100 crystal refreshes. That means you're looking at 38*2=76 crystals per shard at the 200 crystal refreshes. It is still marginally better.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

Oh whoops
  • Merklynn
    47 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Well guess its not this month, dam capital games with their early insertion to bludgeon everyone for a bit more money