Triangle mod droprate

I've farming mods for 2 weeks now because I need a certain mod.
I use atleast 2 energy refreshes daily but till now not a single triangle mod has dropped let alone the one I need.
I this just badluck or is the drop chance of triangle mods so low that this is normal?

Replies

• Options
    Triangles tend to be one of the rarer mods to drop, then try factor in the primary you want.. .. it gets real rare real fast, The other option is to bank some credits, reg and fleet. And watch the mod shop, might see one float thru that you want
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah Triangle and arrow are both very rare for me
  • PeteSolo
    173 posts Member
    Options
    I simply hate it when you get speed arrows without speed primary, crit damage triangle without crit damage primary and potency-tenacity cross without potency-tenacity primary.
    It's like they are laughing in our face every time, I can see a debate happening over cross mods but especially when it comes to speed arrows and CD triangles there's nothing worse. It's entirely pointless and those mods have 0 value, it's more than trash, it's demoralizing.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    The mods on the right in the characters/mod menu have a lower droprate than the mods on the left.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    leef wrote: »
    The mods on the right in the characters/mod menu have a lower droprate than the mods on the left.

Absolutely true unfortunately. There was a massive tracking project, and I wish I remembered the web site it was on, but the results were quite sad for right side mod drops.

Since less of the most important mods drop from challenges I recommend farming up a good base of mods from challenges, then buying key mods (especially the triangles) from the mod store to fill out your sets.
  • xeynx
    38 posts Member
    Options
    Our arena shard has a statistics guy that is doing a huge mod drop tracking project. There are a ton of people contributing their drops to it.

Right now (and I believe we have a pretty significant amount, probably thousands of sims), it boils down to about this:

Generic Triangle (any color): ~4.5%. You could say there's a +/- and that the code may be set at either 4 or 5.

Now, if you want a speed secondary blue, purple, or gold: That's around 0.18% chance.

Shouldn't be much of a surprise but you have about a 24% chance of Circle, 24% Diamond, 22% Square. Cross is ~13%, Arrow is ~11%, and as mentioned, Triangle is ~4%.

Obviously, there's probably some deviation. If I had to guess at the code based on current trends, Circle/Diamond/Square are all 25%, Cross and Arrow are probably 10% and Triangle is 5%.
    Note: These values are as of now, it gets updated every 100 sims or so and should not be assumed to be "the gospel".
  • TVF
    36594 posts Member
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

Absolutely true unfortunately. There was a massive tracking project, and I wish I remembered the web site it was on, but the results were quite sad for right side mod drops.

MIght have been this one:

https://create.piktochart.com/output/22614458-mod-drop-rate-analysis

To the comment that it's demoralizing because mod farming produces almost nothing but trash, just look at what else you get. I do 3 refresh a day and use it all on mod farming. I get on average several hundred thousand credits (both from the initial farm plus from selling all non-useful mods), 4-8 purple mats, and 1000-ish cantina store currency, which converts via Cassian's U-wing to shard shop currency. Then i get an occasional speed arrow or crit damage triangle, both of which are useful regardless of the secondaries. And finally, every great once in a while I get a good to great speed secondary too.

Absolutely worth it IMO and not demoralizing at all if you just have the right/realistic attitude.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH