Rebel Assault Postponement Reconsideration Request

Replies

• Yes
    145 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It's fine and all for the update (thanks we appreciate any and all cool stuff to do), but why couldn't you roll out this update on a week or cool down that's not conflicting with TB. Something that comes only twice a month, and holds many upgrades to players in my opinion is counterintuitive to the player base. There's many other days in this month to roll this out, just really bad planning. The update sounds great no complaints here. But missing a TB a huge part of the game? Wow just stupid.
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    yuuzhanron wrote: »
    I would personally rather see a week of TW cancelled. I hate TW, but I am a huge supporter of TB. I would have finally unlocked ROLO with the next one.

Can't please everyone. For each person preferring TB there's probably at least one person preferring TW.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »
    I would personally rather see a week of TW cancelled. I hate TW, but I am a huge supporter of TB. I would have finally unlocked ROLO with the next one.

Can't please everyone. For each person preferring TB there's probably at least one person preferring TW.

Crazy humans. With all their different likes and dislikes.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    The easiest thing to do would be for EA/CG just to hand out rewards as if the guild completed the TB. Not max for anyone, more of an average of what your guild's star level is, or just match what you did last time.

Granted, that may take away for potential star gains due to guildmates boosting rosters since the last LSTB, but I still find this to be a better alternative than cancelling outright.

I find this to be the best deal for everyone involved. We get most, if not all, of the rewards we were going to get, it's most likely the easiest fix for the devs than them trying to force it into the already packed guild events schedule, and we minimize the potential for bugs with this huge update next week.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    I agree with that man, but I highly doubt they will implement that. This will be swept under the rug, much like most of the events and garbage from the past. It boils down to bad planning. Take away TB? Arguably the best thing in this game, is just ****. Cancel STR, TW whatever not TB guys just stupid.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    I'd like for it to go ahead as well.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    There should be no delays in events period. If guilds want a break take a break, there is 0 reason for the people who want to play cannot because of a small vocal minority of players.

That said it's pretty obvious JL is coming soon this will be the kickoff of the people who missed getting their hermit yoda maxxed by like 10-15 shards throwing the pitchforks around lol... (not me BTW)

I mean how epic would it be to release JL with Hoda as a requirement and cancel an event which is the primary way to get him before release..... I can feel the hatred brewing already. (wink)
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    There should be no delays in events period. If guilds want a break take a break

This has nothing to do with wanting a break though.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    There should be no delays in events period. If guilds want a break take a break

This has nothing to do with wanting a break though.

From that point of view I guess I agree with you.... My issue is with some posters in this thread posting how it's too much work for them....hits the cry me a river note.... delegate or take a break 50 ppl in guild pass the load to those who wish it.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

This ^^^^^^^
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    I have no problem with this tbh. If they tried to run a large scale update which caused TB to crash the pitchforks would come out so quickly.

I doubt the delay is going to be a long one.
  • just give us another darkside territory battle instead. I like that one better. My guild does better in it anyway.
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    Mhm yep the pitch forks would be comin! Sure, they are now. If they thought so much about not running the update, ya think they should have said hmm, (running update during TB bad, so cancel the best thing we have in the game), but not let's run this 1,2,3 days before or after TB as to not make the community insane as to not doing what they basically pay for (the majority). TB was a breakthrough for this game and it only comes twice a month and to cancel it because of bad planning? Well here's your pitchforks!
  • Jeric
    271 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It's a darned if you do darned if you don't situation for CG. It stinks that the TB will be postponed, but I'll deal. In the end it is something that just requires a little patience and reevaluating any goal dates and adjusting them. It isn't like the game has a set expiration date, and since this is affecting all players ... so it basically comes down to patience vs instant gratification. Basically ... it's nothing more that a minor grumble point or minor inconvenience at worst.
  • QJinX
    219 posts Member

Except Sith Raid.... everyone hates that lol
  • QJinX wrote: »

Except Sith Raid.... everyone hates that lol

I never hated Dn as much as I do now lol
  • TVF
    36589 posts Member
    I am on record as someone who enjoys the raid. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    It's one war.
    Chill.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Must be in a hurry to see 7* troop requirement for Yolo and Vewie.
  • DarthBarron
    339 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Flip the scipt. Your employer pays you bi-monthly.
    NicWester wrote: »
    It's one war.
    Chill.

If your boss said, it's one paycheck, would you go, "sure, no problem". Same concept. The game is based on resource management and eliminating one TB will screw up some resouces.

I understand why they are doing it, but it is like removing a bi-monthly GET and Shard paycheck.
    Do or Do not.

DarthBarron (Kevin, aka KevWalker)
  • Flip the scipt. Your employer pays you bi-monthly.
    It's one war.
    Chill.

If your boss said, it's one paycheck, would you go, "sure, no problem". Same concept. The game is based on resource management and eliminating one TB will screw up some resouces.

I understand why they are doing it, but it is like removing a bi-monthly GET and Shard paycheck.

If my boss has messed up my paychecks before. And one time it took months to get that paycheck .
    And months later my boss gave me advanced notice at the official place to tell everyone - they are moving my paycheck to come at a later date because the things the company is doing may mess up my paycheck. I would say ty.
  • What they should do is just gift everyone with Guild Event currency, purple box and 100-300 crystals. Dont know if there is anyway to tier this depending on Guild or GP level but that would be the best thing moving forward.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Flip the scipt. Your employer pays you bi-monthly.
    It's one war.
    Chill.

This is not the same at all.

You are playing with/against a large group, the whole group is missing this set of resources. It's not putting you behind unless you have some arbitrary date you are being held to. Everyone is equal in this, you specifically are not being held back in any way.
  • IlkhanHo
    88 posts Member
    Put another DSTB at least.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    What they should do is just gift everyone with Guild Event currency, purple box and 100-300 crystals. Dont know if there is anyway to tier this depending on Guild or GP level but that would be the best thing moving forward.
    Yeesh, this player base's entitlement complex is getting out of hand.
    Still not a he.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    What they should do is just gift everyone with Guild Event currency, purple box and 100-300 crystals. Dont know if there is anyway to tier this depending on Guild or GP level but that would be the best thing moving forward.

Yes and no..... I somewhat agree with him..... I can't see how they could move a 6 day TB without overlapping another TB or TW....

If they could issue the same rewards you got in last TB and cancel the event it would make it easier on guilds.....
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »

They had a planned event that would give these items as a reward. People are on pretty regimented farming schedules. How is it entitled to ask for the rewards we would have been given for participation? I dont expect them to make it up. Just give everyone a watered down version of what the rewards would have been and move on. My guild usually gets 45 stars on DSTB so the rewards I asked for arent even what I would have gotten. So can you explain how this is entitled?
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The calendar clearly states all dates are subject to change.

If your farm plan is dependent on something you're told explicitly in big orange letters is subject to change, you have made a bad plan.
    Still not a he.
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The calendar clearly states all dates are subject to change.

If your farm plan is dependent on something you're told explicitly in big orange letters is subject to change, you have made a bad plan.

Ok, say they put JTR up........................Then take her down two days before shes suppose to start and say "subject to change!" you dont think there would be some people ****? You think they could say subject to change and everyone would just say, oh...ok sounds good!" Im not saying they cant change the event what Im saying is they can reimburse their playerbase with some rewards for what should have been. It is a game where people do pay a lot of money. They start taking away content with nothing in return then it upsets part of the playerbase. I know people in my guild have been waiting to unlock wampa after 7 starring Hyoda and now thats going to get pushed back however long. So yeah, even though **** is subject to change they could throw the playerbase a bone and give us a water downed version of rewards.
This discussion has been closed.