Bossk?

I'm a new player (level 44). I've been farming Boba Fett and his gear. The synergy between Boba and Bossk is great, so I've been getting gear for Bossk as well, and I'm starting to think it'd be good to farm the other bounty hunters. However, I'm strictly doing f2p. Am I making a mistake here? Seems Boosk will be unfarmable.

Replies

• FajitaFreak
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Edit
  • Mookow23
    79 posts Member
    In my opinion yes. Take it how you want to but I do not feel that the bounty hunters help you progress too far into the game. They are great for their roles in heists and TB and now the raid and TW but it will be a while before Bossk is farmable. I started with phoenix and worked my way to get Empire Leg. and then rebels and FO and Res to get the other legendary toons. I feel that they can play a bigger role than the Bounty Hunters in the long run. That being said everyone on this game seems to choose a different path than others so that makes it interesting on play styles. Do whatever fits you and you find fun.
  • Boba is a GREAT character to have, so you're not making a mistake by gearing him up. He's a great plug-and-play toon in Arena until you get a faction with strong synergy, and he's a pilot. I don't think gearing up Bossk is a BAD idea - he'll be a decent tank very early in GW - but I don't think it's the best idea. It will be a while before he's farmable, and they could place him on a node that's difficult to access and requires a lot of energy. You'll get him eventually, but he's not the strongest asset right now for an F2P player.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    You will need some scoundrels early on to get the highest tier of credit heist, so Boba is not a bad choice. It may be 3.5 months before Bossk is farmable. It might be awful to gear him for any extra team member, but you will probably end up needing to switch to other priorities first.
  • Thanks!
  • SeanutB
    482 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Good job with the f2p, I'm proud of you even tho I don't know you haha

Phoenix squad is probably the "best" to farm for new players. Diverse members of rebels and jedi and will help you get Emperor and Thrawn.

Boba is great to have, you will need him and other scoundrels for the ever helpful Credit Heist event!

Bossk is a fun character but if you want to be more responsible with your newer player resources then you should probably farm another character. One day bossk will come back to your radar. It's up to you in the end, he can be fun even at 3☆, but being a mere 3 star also means he may be excluded from being useable in certain event tiers.
  • Those who have posted before me are correct that Bossk shouldn't be your primary farm right now.

However, as a fellow F2P (level 83) I know that to move forward, you need credits, which means you need to do well in Credit Heist. Bossk is great for that even though he's only 3*. I have him as my lead, 3* G8, and he instantly allowed me to beat the next tier above what I had been at. I've done a little more work on my scoundrels and I'm hoping to beat the top tier soon.

So while Bossk isn't #1 priority, he's still a good toon to farm. And then you'll also be one step ahead when he does finally become farmable (which I'm gonna guess will be about 2.5 months from now).

Hope that helps.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • My Boba basically has to solo heists but bossk makes a fine back up along with whatever else you can find for free.

Believe me when I say you NEED to do heists. Gets real expensive up here at nearly level 70.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • My Boba basically has to solo heists but bossk makes a fine back up along with whatever else you can find for free.

Believe me when I say you NEED to do heists. Gets real expensive up here at nearly level 70.

Only gets more expensive, my friend. Level 84 and I just finally 3-starred the top tier. Used Bossk(l), Boba, Cad, STHan, and VChewy to do it. (http://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/squads/15480/) Strange-sounding team, I know, but it works really well. Bossk isn't even modded!
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/