Advice on Dark Side Team

So, it looks like im ready to move away from my Phoenix team and need some advice. I have 2 simple questions:

1 - Take my Phoenix team to G10, G9, or G8?
2 - What would be my best approach for an Empire/Darkside arena team. Should i go Palp/Vader/Thrawn/Tarkin/TFP? Should i farm Stormtrooper instead of TFP? Should i replace someone with Boba?

Any other recommendations or advice on where to go from here? My characters are linked below. Thanks for the help!
https://swgoh.gg/u/jdjunker/collection/

Replies

• crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Do not go with storm over TFP...that being said, they are actually in different farming locations--farming TFP will get you currency for storm. But you should probably still farm some other cantina store character over stormtrooper.

The first thing you said might be your best choice--except that the thing that really makes Palp lead teams meta right now is his leader zeta, and you are only level 73. So keep that in mind.
  • I'm running a similar squad to that--I have KRU instead of TFP, temporarily--and moved to it from Phx. I jumped up around 100 places in Arena instantly. And I don't even have Palp's zeta yet. I'd go for that squad you said.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • I am currently farming Wedge from the Cantina Battles, should I then stop that to focus on TFP?
    From the cantina store, I already have Chopper and Boba at 7*, so I can focus on either Stormtrooper or Ahsoka. Should i focus on Stormtrooper, or should it be something else?
    How about my Phoenix team, when do you recommend that i should stop gearing them to focus on my empire team? G8 or G9?
    Thanks again for the help!
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Last question first, I took Ezra to G10, Chop to G9, and the rest to G8, and that's what earned me 7* Thrawn. That was bare minimum for me, so I wouldn't advise less than that (though it may be possible).

If you're going with one of those two, personally I'd do Ahsoka. She has multi-use as she's both a Jedi and a pilot of a ship. Stormtrooper I wouldn't do until later.

Don't really have an answer on the first one. Wedge and TFP are both good toons with good ships. I think it's a matter of who you need first, and since you seem to be working on Empire before Rebels, I'd probably go with TFP, but it's all your preference.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • I am in the exact same situation as you are, only I have a few slight differences...

Firstly, I have both palpatine and thrawn at 7 stars. There is not too large of a power increase going from 5 to 7, but it is still quite a difference to be able to use them in heroic raids and the R2 event.

Second, I am about 43/100 for my tfp right now, and have had storm trooper maxed for awhile (3 weeks).
    I am currently farming boba, because I neglected my scoundrels, so I am behind in heists.

Given that, when I last had phoenix in arena, I was keeping around 450-510, depending on my luck. When I switched over just my team, I got completely rekt in arena by teams I had beaten earlier.
    I had not switched my mods over, and honestly, I had pretty good mods, as it turned the battle completely around, simply by adding good stats and +40-70 speed to each character.

I am currently breaking the top 300 now, with a palpatine lead, no zeta at lvl 80. Only vader is at lvl 80, all the rest are high 60's and 70's. And with this I am at about 60800 power, BEATING teams at 85k.

Today, I beat a wedge lead rebels team at 85k, with ackbar, wiggs, leia and CLS.
    I also beat an 80k thrawn lead empire team, with thrawn, Tarkin, Vader, EP, and Royal Guard.

The phoenix squad is good for awhile, but once you taste empire, I haven't even taken the time to finish my LS hard nodes on tier 5 or 6 because I don't want to play phoenix anymore. Empire is so fun. Plus on PvE you can take phasma in and get advantage on vader, stack tons of debuffs on a boss, and shoot for a high score on damage. Without the omega on culling blade, I got a 97k crit. This is just a fun game to play, and if I hadn't started on empire, I was losing the motivation to play.

Side note, I can get through galactic war with my empire team, I don't even need my phoenix to do it anymore, since the other teams barely ever get any turns in.
    I take palp lead, thrawn, vader, tarkin, and then I put in zeb for the first 8-9 nodes, then I put in TFP for 9-12. Zeb is there to give prot up on tarkin when he's out of protection.

I took this afternoon and played through all of the cantina and DS nodes I haven't had time for, and now I think I'm going to farm old ben and leave TFP to fleet store, since I want to be ready for CLS either this time or the next.

I'm also going to leave with one more comment, for phoenix, gear them to 8, put the easy stuff on zeb and kanan, plus either a gun or furnace. For hera, ezra and chopper, get them to g9 or g10. I got mine to g9, and combining RNGesus, great mods (I farmed mods for 6 weeks straight, all crystals to refreshes)(Great for a newbie, not god mods or anything), and those gear levels, I got him at lvl 78, so I didn't even omega their uniques.

Get your phoenix however ready you want to be, if you want to leave it up to chance, don't gear them as high and leave abilities off. If you want to get it first try, gear as much as you can.

Good luck, and I'm not actually sure how sidetracked I got, I just started typing as long as I coulde, I kinda just didn't stop.

Pre-post edit:

I see you are rank 37 in arena... That's great for you mate. I think the sooner you get everybody on the empire team geared up, you may be able to crack top 20. My shard already has RJT, and because I took a quite long break, I don't know that I'll be able to catch up until I've been playing this game for a looooooong time. You have the opportunity to be set up to do very well. Empire kills it, especially under palps, phoenix melts unless they are 4 gear levels higher than your team, and fully zeta'd out. Then it is really hard, and I get wrecked by those 93k phoenix at rank 400.
  • Hellsteeth30
    832 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Who is a good placeholder for thrawn? I have Snow at 4* and Storm at 4*. Palp at 5 and vader at very nearly 6*.

Now my phoenix are 6* each nearly I want to do something else as they're growing tiresome for the time being. Tarvin is in dire need of work for his ship anyway.

Sorry to crowbar this into your topic OP but it's relevant.

EDIT: Never mind on Snow, won't be unlocking his node for a while.
    Hey, it's still better than MSF
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    Who is a good placeholder for thrawn? I have Snow at 4* and Storm at 4*. Palp at 5 and vader at very nearly 6*.

Now my phoenix are 6* each nearly I want to do something else as they're growing tiresome for the time being. Tarvin is in dire need of work for his ship anyway.

Sorry to crowbar this into your topic OP but it's relevant.

EDIT: Never mind on Snow, won't be unlocking his node for a while.

TIE fighter pilot could be useful.
    You don't need to farm snowtrooper from a node. He's in guild store, and you're likely to level him up accidentally through bronziums.