Hard Nodes

Tedbeast
218 posts Member
Can we please go back to 5 or 3 daily attempts on hard nodes with their old drop rates?

The RNG on them now for shards is such a huge nerf, I got more shards daily when it was only 5 attempts and even better when it was 3. Every time the daily attempts increase the drop rates for shard decrease. This is a huge nerf as I could be using this energy for other shards or gear! These are actually nerfs but presented as buffs. This is a ‘gift horse’ that should be shot.
I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Replies

• Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    i dont feel like drop rate was decreased, yeah i get like 1 or 2 sometimes but i often get 4-5.
  • I disagree.
    The chance is still 1/3 for me.
    However, due to the increased number of attempts, I have to carefully plan out the number of tries for each toon (3 for one toon, 8 for another one), as I'm mainly farming 20-energy toons.

I welcome this change, I even encourage an increase to 10 tries/day.
    Going back to 5 tries/day would be a huge setback.
  • Tedbeast wrote: »
    ...This is a huge nerf as I could be using this energy for other shards or gear! ...

What's stopping you from doing just that? There's no rule that says you have to max attempts. Also, I haven't noticed a definite drop either.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    No thanks. I love to extra attempts. Rng is rng. Don’t think that it should change just for you. You don’t have to use every attempt do u?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Can you please post your data showing the drop rates have changed?

I would love to see these numbers so we can further discuss this with the dev team. Thank you.
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    i love the more attempts, instead of 6 months, it only gonna take around 2 months to star up a char. My MT is getting close to 6* already.
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    @Kyno I do not have data from before the max attempts increase. However my wife’s account has failed to get a single Sabine shard doing all 8 attempts for a week now. Myself I am farming zombie, Talzin, and reaper. And have not seen a day where I’ve gotten more than 3 shards for max attempts at each node, with many days getting zero shards on a node attempt.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Tedbeast wrote: »
    Kyno I do not have data from before the max attempts increase. However my wife’s account has failed to get a single Sabine shard doing all 8 attempts for a week now. Myself I am farming zombie, Talzin, and reaper. And have not seen a day where I’ve gotten more than 3 shards for max attempts at each node, with many days getting zero shards on a node attempt.

0 shards in 56 sims? That's gotta be some kind of record.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Tedbeast
    218 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    leef wrote: »
    Kyno I do not have data from before the max attempts increase. However my wife’s account has failed to get a single Sabine shard doing all 8 attempts for a week now. Myself I am farming zombie, Talzin, and reaper. And have not seen a day where I’ve gotten more than 3 shards for max attempts at each node, with many days getting zero shards on a node attempt.

0 shards in 56 sims? That's gotta be some kind of record.

That’s just this past week... I can’t remember how long this change has been in effect but it hasn’t been much better before that. It’s got to be a drop rate decrease because this is on two different accounts separated by over a year when created, the only thing similar between ours is we’re both on apple.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That is a little small to make assertions about the drop rate, but it's a start.
  • Riegorn
    100 posts Member
    i dont keep track of how many shards i get each day, but i feel like its average 3-4 shards a day
  • It's funny how people always transpose their individual drop rate for one character, with the overall drop rate of the game.