TW: To fight or not to fight, that is the question..

DuneSeaFarmer
3525 posts Member
edited May 2018
Title says it all. The TW that just ended matched our guild against one that totally obliterated us. We achieved 6k they achieved 16k Ok, nothing new many have reported similar. My question is once defenders are in place, what if anything happens if we just wait for it to be over? Do we risk being banned when the opposition is so far above us we just concede the battle? I can't force my guys to fight when they have better uses for their time. Close fights we love, win or lose. When we look up the opposition on swgoh.gg and they are clearly superior, it's tough getting motivated. Then you factor in g8 FO teams with zetas and all the other "tactics", again getting motivated, not happening. What am I missing? Raids that we (players) dislike strongly, Territory Wars we feel are so unbalanced it's crazy. What do others do?

Seriously, help me, help my guild.

Replies

• Set your defenses and ignore it during offense. My guild only has 8 TW wins and we're ok with that. We have a lot of people that have serious jobs and don't want the anxiety of trying to pair down a higher GP opponent.

Here's my advice based on what works for my own mental state.

Ask your guild to group themselves into Defense, Offense, or Both. During the Defense phase, have those players post as many teams as possible and commit all their strongest toons. Let the offensive players go in with their full strength of roster. Let those that chose both to balance what defense and offense teams to use.

TW 1 - try hard TW 2 - go casual if at all. You still get rewards so long as you've set defenses.

DO NOT use more than 2 reinforcements when setting ship defenses. Almost every guild mate has to contribute here and it will severely disadvantage your off squads if you're committing 9 ships per defensive spot.

hope this helps.
  • Thanks.. something has to be done, the matching system is not working.
  • Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Set your defenses and ignore it during offense. My guild only has 8 TW wins and we're ok with that. We have a lot of people that have serious jobs and don't want the anxiety of trying to pair down a higher GP opponent.

Ask your guild to group themselves into Defense, Offense, or Both. During the Defense phase, have those players post as many teams as possible and commit all their strongest toons. Let the offensive players go in with their full strength of roster. Let those that chose both to balance what defense and offense teams to use.

TW 1 - try hard TW 2 - go casual if at all. You still get rewards so long as you've set defenses.

DO NOT use more than 2 reinforcements when setting ship defenses. Almost every guild mate has to contribute here and it will severely disadvantage your off squads if you're committing 9 ships per defensive spot.

hope this helps.

Unless you do like many guilds at our size do, and go full fleet defense. It seems all of the cool kids just attack character territories instead, because at our size nobody has enough fleets for def and offense.
  • DarkLord7 wrote: »
    Rebel_yell wrote: »
    Set your defenses and ignore it during offense. My guild only has 8 TW wins and we're ok with that. We have a lot of people that have serious jobs and don't want the anxiety of trying to pair down a higher GP opponent.

hope this helps.

Unless you do like many guilds at our size do, and go full fleet defense. It seems all of the cool kids just attack character territories instead, because at our size nobody has enough fleets for def and offense.

That's a fair point. My guidance was based on trying to clear the entire board, but to your point, that strategy changes based on the roster size of a guild.
  • I must admit, I prefer close battles, yesterdays TW ended with a 1k difference in banners. The last hour, was awesome. Both sides struggling for the win. We won, but it was a great conflict. We don't focus on the rewards, to us, it's the fun of it. When we stomp another, it just feels wrong. I guess my humanity outweighs my gamer instincts.
  • There is nothing wrong with being a fair and decent competitor. The desire to "crush" or "destroy" your opponents is known to be associated with a couple of mental disorders.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    locodiel wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with being a fair and decent competitor. The desire to "crush" or "destroy" your opponents is known to be associated with a couple of mental disorders.

There's also nothing wrong with destroying/crushing your opponents. It also unlocks a title, so there's that aswell.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    This is the point. Do you spend money in the game? I guess not. So you're useless to them. They seem to have enough whales as of now, because the spending pressure is getting stronger exponentially as time passes. Just wait for the spenders/huge guilds to get g12+ gears. You'll probably quit.