Best JTR team

Hi guys and girls,

I'm getting myself ready for the jtr event and when I get her I want to have a team ready for her to lead !!

Who goes best with her for Arena and HAAT ?

I can farm any of them

Replies

• chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    BB-8 and R2 are a must, the other two are usually Thrawn and a tank, either GK or Old Ben. Although, there's a guy who took first in my shard running Holdo and RT. Rose might also be feasible in place of RT/Thrawn.

For tank, you want RT and Scavenger Rey.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    running jtr droids gk and wampa atm. so far so good
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I've been using JTR with bb8 and r2 (of course). Then I tried kenobi and thrawn, kenobi and holdo, and kenobi and scavenger rey. The one I liked the most is scav rey. (And I take first everyday on a 2 year old shard, in case you wonder)
  • BB-8 and R2 are a must, the other two are usually Thrawn and a tank, either GK or Old Ben. Although, there's a guy who took first in my shard running Holdo and RT. Rose might also be feasible in place of RT/Thrawn.

You've got me all confused ! Neither RT or Rey are tanks ?!
  • I've been using JTR with bb8 and r2 (of course). Then I tried kenobi and thrawn, kenobi and holdo, and kenobi and scavenger rey. The one I liked the most is scav rey. (And I take first everyday on a 2 year old shard, in case you wonder)

I'm curious why you most liked Rey over Holdo.

I'm curious why you most liked Rey over Holdo.

Holdo was..... good, but boring. Scav rey Just goes around one-shooting toons and makes battles end quickly
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    BB-8 and R2 are a must, the other two are usually Thrawn and a tank, either GK or Old Ben. Although, there's a guy who took first in my shard running Holdo and RT. Rose might also be feasible in place of RT/Thrawn.

Sorry, that last sentence should read:

For HAAT, you want RT and Scavenger Rey.
  • DRV
    173 posts Member
    It's situational. For arena GK is pretty constant for me, but the 5th has been OB, scav Rey, Thrawn, raid han. Even RT can be good for the added dispell. Currently using scav Rey.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    The format is Rey, the astromechs, +2. There is not a "best" configuration.

Candidates include but are not limited to General Kenobi, Amilyn Holdo, Old Ben, Scavenger Rey, Resistance Trooper, Raid Han, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Chopper, K2-SO, Wampa, and Imperial Probe Droid.

Think of them less as a single unified team, and more like tools for different purposes.

Personally, I'm working toward the JTR, BB-8, R2, Amilyn, Resistance Trooper lineup. Amilyn is a tank with reasonable speed who brings another AoE that has the potential to multi-crit for multiple exposes and spread Daze to stifle the Palpatine steamroller, and Resistance Trooper is a damage dealer whose Guerilla Tactics sends them on a rampage once the Expose starts flying.
    Still not a he.
  • BB-8 and R2 are a must, the other two are usually Thrawn and a tank, either GK or Old Ben. Although, there's a guy who took first in my shard running Holdo and RT. Rose might also be feasible in place of RT/Thrawn.

Ah ok thanks for clearing that up
  • YaeVizsla wrote: »
    The format is Rey, the astromechs, +2. There is not a "best" configuration.

Candidates include but are not limited to General Kenobi, Amilyn Holdo, Old Ben, Scavenger Rey, Resistance Trooper, Raid Han, Grand Admiral Thrawn, Chopper, K2-SO, Wampa, and Imperial Probe Droid.

Think of them less as a single unified team, and more like tools for different purposes.

Personally, I'm working toward the JTR, BB-8, R2, Amilyn, Resistance Trooper lineup. Amilyn is a tank with reasonable speed who brings another AoE that has the potential to multi-crit for multiple exposes and spread Daze to stifle the Palpatine steamroller, and Resistance Trooper is a damage dealer whose Guerilla Tactics sends them on a rampage once the Expose starts flying.

That actually made a lot of sense. Thanks for explaining it like that
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

How much are you able to do in HAAT (and which phases) with that lineup?

I use Thrawn and CLS and clear all of P3 and 95% or so of P4 (depending on RNG). RT and Scav Rey don't have the TMR you need in P3.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    I run JTR, BB-8, R2, Scavenger Rey, and Holdo. All maxed gear, zetas, etc. It’s my favorite team to play, with Imperial Troopers a close second.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

How much are you able to do in HAAT (and which phases) with that lineup?

I use Thrawn and CLS and clear all of P3 and 95% or so of P4 (depending on RNG). RT and Scav Rey don't have the TMR you need in P3.

I have GK at 7*, so I don't worry too much about doing a ton of damage. That being said, I can easily clear P4 with that lineup, as well as some of P3. Not sure how much, but it's at least 15-20%.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    That lineup I use can auto P3. I can't remember how much of P4 it did, I want to say like 50% or so.

Obviously it can also do some at the end of P2 leading into P3 but my guild always clears P2 before I can get in there near the end.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member

This
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    @Random9 keep reading. You'll see I never got an answer to my question. Maybe you can answer it.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    @Random9 keep reading. You'll see I never got an answer to my question. Maybe you can answer it.

@TVF I was referring more to the part about arena, and cls is much better in the background for AAT. However, the expose TMR is good and RT and scav can do significant damage for those without cls.
  • i use new rey as leader, r2, bb8, chopper, b2

i'm happy with them in arena.
  • I've started using JTR (zxz), BB8 (zRWP) 269 speed, R2D2 (zz), Poe, and Scav Rey. Fairing well against the EP meta on offense, but not holding well on defense. I'm just top 50 though. Generally fall to about 60 overnight and then battle back up to the 30s without refreshes. Finding something to hold better on defense has been tough with the new meta.

Get BB8 as fast as possible because he's going to grant everyone else TM which can sometimes allow you to attack 5 times before Zader goes, since there are no rebels or Jedi on the opposing side