Requirements for jedi luke

I figured I would start the speculation. When Jedi Luke finally comes to the game which characters will we need for his hero's journey. Since Cls was ANH characters I would think Jedi Luke would be ESB characters. My guess is Cls, Rolo, Captain Han Solo, and Hoda. Not sure on the 5th maybe Lando or R2?

Replies

• CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    Options
    I dont think you started the speculation lol. Try search function.
  • Options
    May as well just make the 5th one R2 again.
  • Options
    That would make it easy since he essentially comes with cls. I guess they could release a C3PO event and have him required as well. But i just don't see a useful kit for C3PO since he is a wuss when it comes to combat.
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    Options
    That would make it easy since he essentially comes with cls. I guess they could release a C3PO event and have him required as well. But i just don't see a useful kit for C3PO since he is a wuss when it comes to combat.

Before he was released, no one thought that r2d2 could have a useful kit either...
  • Options
    True he could have a support kit but he didn't really save the day a lot like R2. But anyway, if C3PO were a requirement would it be empire req to get him? I would think they would switch it up since everyone has an empire squad from the r2 event. Maybe droids so everyone has to 7 star a droid team? I'm definitely going to start farming hoda, captain Han, and Rolo next since I'm almost positive they are needed. If R2 or Lando are needed I already have them at 7 stars. Not sure if I'm willing to bring Lobit up to 7 stars just in case or not.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Options
    Hoda, BH Lando, slave Leia, commando Solo, CLS
  • Options
    That sounds more like the req for a jabba event eventually. Except jedi luke would be req instead of hoda
  • Options
    agree with OP, hermit, rolo, chs, CLS, and either lando or r2 as it stands now anyways. I think it would make much more sense if they released 2 veteran type players 2 weeks before the event and threw them in the cantina for 16 energy a piece for requirements, but that's none of my business.
  • Options
    I hope not but wouldn't be surprised. But there's really no way to prepare for that. I'm still finishing up the farm on vet chewie for jtr but after that I'm going to work on the req for jedi luke so I'm ready. The main purpose of this post is to make sure there isn't a random character that I simply overlook. Can't do much if they release one at the last minute. Though with cls that wasn't the case. I didn't get him the first time because I didn't farm the characters even when they were available. I don't want to make that mistake again.
  • BlackoutSquad12
    32 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I doubt they would have ROLO, CLS, or hoda required, as they are very hard toons to get. However since CLS is ESB uniform, they could have ESB characters, or Endor versions +lando, or make him a marquee event
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    CLS and RJT for starters.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    CLS and RJT for starters.

? I could be wrong, but I think we are talking about rotj Luke, not tlj luke
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm.. I don't know if they will extend his journey that much further. Do we really need a luke between CLS and Hermit Luke?
  • Options
    Hmm.. I don't know if they will extend his journey that much further. Do we really need a luke between CLS and Hermit Luke?

yes. we absolutely need Jedi luke to bring the Jedi back from the dead. after all he was the chosen one. no wait
  • Options
    Be cool if it was wampa and you could fight in the cave
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Eh, sure, why not. More justified than Han. Then we'd just need one more. I vote pulling on legends and making it Spavat Luke.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    It is rotj luke this post is about to clarify. And CG has already said he will eventually come to the game so it is not if but when. And my reasoning behind esb characters being needed is that anh characters were all needed for cls so it goes with the pattern. And jedi luke is likely to be a meta changing character so requiring another legendary and several characters that are long farms is likely. Though the difficulty depends on when he comes out. Most already have Cls and r2/lando. Chs is a hard cantina farm but the only ones not as bad as jtr req. Rolo is pretty much given through tb if you're in a decent guild. I'm in a mid level guild and get 30 or so shards a month. Hoda is an expensive buy from guild event store but doable. All are long farms that's why I'm starting them as soon as I'm finished with the last jtr req which will be soon.
  • Options
    It's the perfect time for Jedi Luke to come as well or in the next few months cause if there is any inkling of a story in this game, it's the story of the meta. And what better way for the story to develop than for the sith to be meta only to have the return of the Jedi led by Luke :)
  • Options
    It is rotj luke this post is about to clarify. And CG has already said he will eventually come to the game so it is not if but when. And my reasoning behind esb characters being needed is that anh characters were all needed for cls so it goes with the pattern. And jedi luke is likely to be a meta changing character so requiring another legendary and several characters that are long farms is likely. Though the difficulty depends on when he comes out. Most already have Cls and r2/lando. Chs is a hard cantina farm but the only ones not as bad as jtr req. Rolo is pretty much given through tb if you're in a decent guild. I'm in a mid level guild and get 30 or so shards a month. Hoda is an expensive buy from guild event store but doable. All are long farms that's why I'm starting them as soon as I'm finished with the last jtr req which will be soon.

True, but what they devs normally do is have “easy” farms that are f2p, but sped up by p2p. And I use the term easy loosely.
    I completely understand the pattern and it makes sense. However like I said up above, some of those toons aren’t exactly farmable.
    From all the guilds I’ve been in, I’ve never gotten any ROLO shards. And I’ve been in decent guilds, with 25+ 85 and up
    I just got R2 unlocked, so I can’t get CLS this round, but the one after that. Not to mention you need 5 empire for him
    Hoda is extremely hard, especially since the currency is only available in tb and they had some glitches with that.

So believe me those toons make perfect sense. But compared to other meta changing toons, for a f2p player that has 0 unlocked, you need

10 for JTR. (5 FO, 5 Resistance. One is legendary.)
    10 for CLS (5 Imp, 5 Rebel. One is legendary.)
    14 for JL ( 10 for CLS, 4 ESB. 3 are legendary.)

I’m not saying they should make it easier to get great toons, but that doesn’t quite work with their required farming. So maybe, (completely wildly throwing it out there,) they might do more ROTJ toons, with something like a 5 man scoundrel team to snag Nien Numb, then lando, Endor version of Leia, and Han, and maybe someone like wicket

• Options
    I think as far as when he's coming it'll probably be in the lull between solo and ep9 so late this year or next year I would guess. And I disagree that Rolo isn't farmable. You have to have some guild members who have unlocked chs to unlock her through tb but it is doable. Our guild gets about 30 shards every tb and that will likely grow since not everyone has chs yet but many may farm him after jtr.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    I think as far as when he's coming it'll probably be in the lull between solo and ep9 so late this year or next year I would guess. And I disagree that Rolo isn't farmable. You have to have some guild members who have unlocked chs to unlock her through tb but it is doable. Our guild gets about 30 shards every tb and that will likely grow since not everyone has chs yet but many may farm him after jtr.
    Huh?

The prereqs are Captain Han and Hoth Rebel Soldier, and only at five stars. And the fight itself is pretty easy. You don't need CLS. You could swing it pretty easily with something like Leia, Ezra, ST Han, and everyone in the G8-10 range.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Ha! Definitely not the first time we have speculated on which heroes will be needed to unlock Jedi Knight Luke when he arrives, but it is fun to talk about. I think the 5-character assumption is too limiting. JKL's HJ surely will be a multi-tiered event; each tier will have it's own character requirements. More than 5 is likely.

He will be difficult to get. He will require several long-term iconic characters. A while back I was thinking CLS, Hermie, Wampa, Cholo, Rolo ... but that would not generate revenue from the long-tooth players. There will surely be more required characters. I would not be surprised to see both LS and DS.

We need to remember at the beginning of ROTJ, Hermie told Luke that he would have to endure another confrontation with Vader before he could qualify as strong enough to be Jedi. Luke did not complete that test until the end of ROTJ. This opens the door for ESB and ROTJ characters.

What significant events happened to Luke during his journey to jedi-dom in those films?
    • Wampa, CLS. Round 1: beat CLS with Wampa. Round 2: beat Wampa with CLS.
    • Hermie, CLS. Team up to beat rocks, trees, snakes, and force vision Vader.
    • Lando, Lobot, Bespin Leia, R2, Rebel Chewbacca. Team up to escape the cloud city.
    • CLS. Lose to Vader.
    • Logray, Wicket, C3PO, Endor Han. Fight an ATST and destroy the shield generator.
    • Emperor, Darth Vader, CLS. Round 1: beat Vader with CLS. Round 2: beat CLS with Palp. Round 3: beat Palp with Vader and CLS.

So just 2 more Hans, 1 more Leia, 1 more Chewbacca, C3PO.

It probably won't be anything like this.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Huh?

The prereqs are Captain Han and Hoth Rebel Soldier, and only at five stars. And the fight itself is pretty easy. You don't need CLS. You could swing it pretty easily with something like Leia, Ezra, ST Han, and everyone in the G8-10 range.

I forgot about hoth solder being a req but i never said cls was req. Chs was short for captain Han Solo. Sorry for the confusion.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Ah, I misread.

Still, it's a 5* requirement, so the farm is cut in half.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    Ha! Definitely not the first time we have speculated on which heroes will be needed to unlock Jedi Knight Luke when he arrives, but it is fun to talk about. I think the 5-character assumption is too limiting. JKL's HJ surely will be a multi-tiered event; each tier will have it's own character requirements. More than 5 is likely.

He will be difficult to get. He will require several long-term iconic characters. A while back I was thinking CLS, Hermie, Wampa, Cholo, Rolo ... but that would not generate revenue from the long-tooth players. There will surely be more required characters. I would not be surprised to see both LS and DS.

We need to remember at the beginning of ROTJ, Hermie told Luke that he would have to endure another confrontation with Vader before he could qualify as strong enough to be Jedi. Luke did not complete that test until the end of ROTJ. This opens the door for ESB and ROTJ characters.

What significant events happened to Luke during his journey to jedi-dom in those films?
    • Wampa, CLS. Round 1: beat CLS with Wampa. Round 2: beat Wampa with CLS.
    • Hermie, CLS. Team up to beat rocks, trees, snakes, and force vision Vader.
    • Lando, Lobot, Bespin Leia, R2, Rebel Chewbacca. Team up to escape the cloud city.
    • CLS. Lose to Vader.
    • Logray, Wicket, C3PO, Endor Han. Fight an ATST and destroy the shield generator.
    • Emperor, Darth Vader, CLS. Round 1: beat Vader with CLS. Round 2: beat CLS with Palp. Round 3: beat Palp with Vader and CLS.

So just 2 more Hans, 1 more Leia, 1 more Chewbacca, C3PO.

It probably won't be anything like this.

If you look at it that way, hoda would have been req for cls since he wasn't at that level until the end of Empire. And I think even if it is just those 5 there is revenue potential. Captain Han is a hard cantina farm that many have neglected since there are other things that are more immediately needed. Panic farming him means cash. Rolo many may still not have since she isn't super easy to get. In her current place it's hard to buy her but they can put packs up at the last minute. Hoda many don't have because the guild event currency is all spent on g12 pieces. Also could put a pack out for money. Granted r2 and cls would be freebies for veteran players but it woukd just increase the panic farming for newer players that don't have cls yet and keep new players going after him well after power creep makes him less relevant otherwise.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Ah, I misread.

Still, it's a 5* requirement, so the farm is cut in half.

oh i agree. I don't have captain han unlocked even at 5 stars yet but get rolo shards because others in my guild do. I plan on farming him soon though but to 7 stars since 7 stars will likely be req for jedi luke. I actually think rolo is the easier farm if you are in an active mid to large guild