Rebel Assault Battles Rescheduling Update [MEGA]

Prev13456
Sunnie1978
2937 posts Moderator
edited May 2018
CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
Hi Holotable Heroes,

We mentioned earlier this week that we are rescheduling the upcoming instance of Rebel Assault on 5/21 - 5/26 to another time. We have a big update coming somewhere between those two dates and we decided it was better to reschedule the Rebel Assault in order to make sure that our update didn’t unintentionally collide with guild coordination. We apologize for the schedule change, but we will be compensating all players next Friday (5/25) with the same rewards guilds earned during their last Territory Battle.

We’d like to take this opportunity to also say that we have heard your feedback about the frequency of Territory Battles and Territory Wars and are revisiting how we schedule them. Our goal is to ease the demanding nature of these mode’s schedules, however we acknowledge rewards will need to be comparable over time and we need to figure that out. We do not know what this revised schedule looks like yet, but will publish it sometime shortly after the client update this next week. Until we settle on a new schedule, the existing schedule will remain as is (aside from specific reschedule above).

Thank you for your patience and stay tuned for more information on the changing schedule after the next client update.
<<DEV Post>>

FAQ

1. The previous Territory Battle was Dark Side and the next one that was rescheduled was supposed to be Light Side. Will we receive rewards from the last Light Side or Dark Side Territory Battle?
The previous Dark Side Territory Battle

2. Does this include special mission rewards like shards and guild event currency?
Yes

3. What will happen to me if I left my clan or joined a new one?
You will receive the rewards YOU earned from the last Dark Side Territory Battle on (5/7-5/12)

4. Will players who missed the last Dark Side Territory Battle (5/7-5/12) but have participated in Territory Battles before get any compensation?
No, this compensation will only for to players who participated in the most recent Dark Side Territory Battle (5/7-5/12)

5. Will we get to roll for gear again or will we receive the exactly rewards we earned from the recent Dark Side Territory Battle 5/7-5/12?
You will receive the exact same rewards as you earned in the most recent Dark Side Territory Battle (5/7-5/12).

6. Will I receive DS Shards or LS Shards as compensation?
You will receive the exact same reward as you earned in the most recent Dark Side Territory Battle (5/7-5/12). This includes DS Shards.

Post edited by CG_Leviathan on

Replies

• Lesspopmorefizz
    124 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    We apologize for the schedule change, but we will be compensating all players next Friday (5/25) with the same rewards guilds earned during their last Territory Battle.

Will this include special mission currency from the previous TB?

Also, last light side TB, or last TB overall (which was a dark side?)

Oh, and, for those that have moved guilds in the past week, will they receive the rewards of their new guild, or the one they were in for the last territory battle?
  • Ye what about Leia/IPD shards?
  • We’d like to take this opportunity to also say that we have heard your feedback about the frequency of Territory Battles and Territory Wars and are revisiting how we schedule them. Our goal is to ease the demanding nature of these mode’s schedules,

I see nothing wrong with the one LSTB and DSTB a month but the back to back TW is the problem
  • Why is the frequency of these events being messed with? Territory Battles and Territory Wars are by far the most fun and rewarding aspects of this game as they provide such a great opportunity for teamwork and collaboration. Not everyone finds it fun to have most of their effort focused on raids and fighting whales for placement in the arena
  • Khorvog_Karbossa
    1000 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Our goal is to ease the demanding nature of these mode’s schedules, however we acknowledge rewards will need to be comparable over time and we need to figure that out.

I don't know if i'm alone here, but i would rather more TB than keeping the current schedule and increasing per TB rewards. TB is my favorite part of this game, and in my opinion is much more fun than other modes. I wish there were even more battles per phase!
  • valeo25
    14 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb Seconded on the question about someone who's changed guilds. I left my old guild after the last TB and am already in a new one. I'm fine either way (receiving according to old guild or new guild), but just want to make sure players in my situation don't slip through the cracks.

Thanks very much, I think this is a pretty great compromise overall given you have a big update coming and the schedule is already packed.
  • We apologize for the schedule change, but we will be compensating all players next Friday (5/25) with the same rewards guilds earned during their last Territory Battle.

Will this include special mission currency from the previous TB?

Also, last light side TB, or last TB overall (which was a dark side?)

Oh, and, for those that have moved guilds in the past week, will they receive the rewards of their new guild, or the one they were in for the last territory battle?

I would also like to know the answer to the last Q ....
  • I’d rather have more TBs than TWs any day. At least you don’t have to rely on CGs mystery algorithms to match you up with a guild 20mil more gp than you every TW with 2 full walls of jtr arena squads
  • Naughtylol wrote: »
    Ye what about Leia/IPD shards?

Excellent question.
  • ok it is
  • Eustacie
    51 posts Member
    I really hope you'll reconsider lightening the schedule. Here's a fun fact: if you don't want to play so many events, don't play them. There are guilds out there where you can hang out, chat, and not have much in the way of expectations.

For those of us who enjoy TW and TBs and find the three days off we already have too boring, catering to people who don't want to play as much feels punishing.

Oh, and also: Day 1 and 2 of TW is a break already. C'mon, you sign up one day and place a few defensive teams that takes 3 minutes on the next. 1 day of gameplay. Day 1 and 2 of TBs are already faceroll, so you're talking 3 or 4 days gameplay there.

There's plenty of time off already. Don't add more.
  • Yeah, I'm concerned about guild moves. We're currently in the middle of a merger, so we're all going to be in a guild that didn't exist last week.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb
    Well this is actually a nice surprise. Only thing I’m wondering is if the compensation is based on the last LSTB or the most recent DSTB we just finished.
    I will add this though, the current schedule for TB isn’t bad at all. My guild and I enjoy the TB schedule and even the TW schedule. I think your focus should first be to take the feedback from the STR thread and work on that first. That’s more important in my mind since it’s been such a problem for awhile. Thanks again for the communication and update though and welcome!
  • I really don't like that its getting canceled entirely... Can't an update be planned around existing events? Also, my guild under performed from usual last rebel assault, so is this going to be rewards from Imperial invasion, or rebel assault? Because that will leave us with significantly less rewards than we will get if we play through it from start to finish this time... If you are certain that this is going to be a tough timeframe for updates, why not use this as an opportunity to beta test the original plan you guys had to run them in 12 hour phases instead of 24? Then you have more downtime for the update and we still get the chance to improve on our last score.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    All disagreements about frequency preferences aside, it is very nice that we're getting something on our week off. The devs didn't have to give us anything during that time.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    While I appreciate the rewards without any effort... I am sure I'm not alone in wondering about all of the special mission payouts as well as any guild changes that have been made.
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member
    Easiest solution would be to grant all players the same exact reward globally
  • I'm fine with this. Thanks.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Obi1_son wrote: »

That would definitely not work. Why should a guild that can only get 25* get the same rewards as one that can hit 43*?
  • JacenRoe wrote: »
    All disagreements about frequency preferences aside, it is very nice that we're getting something on our week off. The devs didn't have to give us anything during that time.

^^
    Advanced notice and a repeat prize with no effort + an update/new content. Thank you kindly.
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    edited May 2018
    Hi folks,
    A bunch of good questions here. I'll ping the team to get more details over the weekend but here are the answers I have so far:

1. The previous Territory Battle was Dark Side and the next one that was rescheduled was supposed to be Light Side. Will we receive rewards from the last Light Side or Dark Side Territory Battle?
    2. Does this include special mission rewards like shards and guild event currency?
    Yes
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I'm not going to turn my nose up at free stuff, but I really wish you hadn't done this. It's only going to embolden the complainers.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

See what I mean? Give an inch and they want a yard.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    I'm not going to turn my nose up at free stuff, but I really wish you hadn't done this. It's only going to embolden the complainers.

Let people complain though. Given the abrupt notice of the change, this is honestly the best solution. It includes what every guild just earned which is totally fair. Anyone complaining has absolutely zero ground to stand on. They’re getting exactly what they would have earned from a 6 day Tb campaign, for no effort at all.
  • NicWester wrote: »

Can’t knock em for trying. They want that 45 Stars prize box lol
  • Obi1_son
    656 posts Member

Troll away.

Nothing about my post was a complaint.. in fact I thanked them in the post above the one you quoted. I merely gave a suggestion to stop complaints. I did not even suggest max. Just equal... either way I am good with free.

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

Let people complain though. Given the abrupt notice of the change, this is honestly the best solution. It includes what every guild just earned which is totally fair. Anyone complaining has absolutely zero ground to stand on. They’re getting exactly what they would have earned from a 6 day Tb campaign, for no effort at all.

The abrupt notice of only 7 days in advance?
  • CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    Hi folks,
    A bunch of good questions here. I'll ping the team to get more details over the weekend but here are the answers I have so far:

Yes

Thanks for the quick answers!

Would be a huge weight off our shoulders to get info on folks that move guilds as well, but understandably you probably need to get that info from somebody else.

• Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    Straight forward answers...no memes. This is in of itself a reward.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Eustacie wrote: »
    I really hope you'll reconsider lightening the schedule. Here's a fun fact: if you don't want to play so many events, don't play them. There are guilds out there where you can hang out, chat, and not have much in the way of expectations.

For those of us who enjoy TW and TBs and find the three days off we already have too boring, catering to people who don't want to play as much feels punishing.

Oh, and also: Day 1 and 2 of TW is a break already. C'mon, you sign up one day and place a few defensive teams that takes 3 minutes on the next. 1 day of gameplay. Day 1 and 2 of TBs are already faceroll, so you're talking 3 or 4 days gameplay there.

There's plenty of time off already. Don't add more.

I'd like to see more territory wars because it is funniest mode in game
This discussion has been closed.