Please Allow Direct Image posting

Prev1
Nikoms565
10401 posts Member
Having to go through an image host is a big pain - especially on a phone.
In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
*This space left intentionally blank*

Replies

  • leef
    11931 posts Member
    probably requires too much server space, but i would also like that very much ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    10401 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    probably requires too much server space, but i would also like that very much ;)

    I'm pretty sure that EA can afford it, given what this game makes and how inexpensive storage has become.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    probably requires too much server space, but i would also like that very much ;)

    You can do it in the full site. Just not mobile.
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    8ck1wpacvcjc.jpg
    It does work here too.
  • Nikoms565
    10401 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    8ck1wpacvcjc.jpg
    It does work here too.

    Not on mobile. All I get when I tap the picture icon in mobile is a text box to type an image url.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    8ck1wpacvcjc.jpg
    It does work here too.

    Not on mobile. All I get when I tap the picture icon in mobile is a text box to type an image url.

    That is a screen shot from my phone.
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    x8hg7h6f3d5q.jpg

    I just noticed this option when testing it out in this thread, this is my mobile version
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    When I did it Chrome requested access. It could be browser specific, not the site.
  • Nikoms565
    10401 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    When I did it Chrome requested access. It could be browser specific, not the site.

    I use Chrome, but don't get any of the options - just the text box to type an image url. That's the reason for the request. What mobile browser are you using?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Naraic
    2198 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    When I did it Chrome requested access. It could be browser specific, not the site.

    @Kyno learn the difference between what users can do and what bigshot moderators get to do :D :D
  • ChristophIV
    2312 posts Member
    I'm using chrome and don't get given an option to add from file, just image url.
  • Nikoms565
    10401 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    When I did it Chrome requested access. It could be browser specific, not the site.

    Kyno learn the difference between what users can do and what bigshot moderators get to do :D :D

    Condescension aside, this could be the issue. It's it possible that mods have access to functionality that "regular" users don't?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Naraic
    2198 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    When I did it Chrome requested access. It could be browser specific, not the site.

    @Kyno learn the difference between what users can do and what bigshot moderators get to do :D :D

    Condescension aside, this could be the issue. It's it possible that mods have access to functionality that "regular" users don't?

    They do.

    It was confirmed by several mods in a previous thread where this was suggested.

    Also no condensation intended. Do i need to add more smileys?
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Naraic wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    When I did it Chrome requested access. It could be browser specific, not the site.

    Kyno learn the difference between what users can do and what bigshot moderators get to do :D :D

    Condescension aside, this could be the issue. It's it possible that mods have access to functionality that "regular" users don't?

    I will pass this along.
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    @Nikoms565 @Naraic can either of you confirm if you can upload on the full site as a regular member.

    I wouldn't want to have to lower myself to that level. :wink:
  • Nikoms565
    10401 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    @Nikoms565 @Naraic can either of you confirm if you can upload on the full site as a regular member.

    I wouldn't want to have to lower myself to that level. :wink:

    Got to a computer - no, I cannot. Same "Image URL" is the only option.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Nikoms565 Naraic can either of you confirm if you can upload on the full site as a regular member.

    I wouldn't want to have to lower myself to that level. :wink:

    Got to a computer - no, I cannot. Same "Image URL" is the only option.

    Ok thanks
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    Sorry @Nikoms565 can you just copy and paste an image when on PC, that's how I do it. I will snip a screenshot and just paste without using the took gar ar the top.
  • Nikoms565
    10401 posts Member
    Kyno wrote: »
    Sorry @Nikoms565 can you just copy and paste an image when on PC, that's how I do it. I will snip a screenshot and just paste without using the took gar ar the top.

    Sorry - it's going to be a while. I just left and will be coaching a baseball game for the next few hours.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Sorry @Nikoms565 can you just copy and paste an image when on PC, that's how I do it. I will snip a screenshot and just paste without using the took gar ar the top.

    Sorry - it's going to be a while. I just left and will be coaching a baseball game for the next few hours.

    No worries I will pass along the info I have and see if they can change it.
  • leef
    11931 posts Member
    hope this helps
    35bgmtv.png
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Naraic
    2198 posts Member
    Thats hosted on tinypic not directly hosted.
  • leef
    11931 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »
    Thats hosted on tinypic not directly hosted.

    I know, to show i can't host on the forum.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nikoms565
    10401 posts Member
    leef wrote: »
    hope this helps
    35bgmtv.png

    That's it. Same thing I see - no alternative but to type in a url.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

    In game guild: DeathStarVentDesigners - DVD for short.
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    hope this helps
    35bgmtv.png

    That helps, but I am also looking to see if "regular" members can just "ctrl + v" to paste an image on the full site.
  • Kyno
    20104 posts Moderator
    I didn't think full site was the problem. Mobile was.

    thats why i'm trying to confirm this. the "issue" of site hosting is a null point if anyone can do it on the full site.
Sign In or Register to comment.