Mythic tiers

Prev1
leef
13458 posts Member
I absolutely love them, all of them.
Since they got introduced to the game i noticed myself looking forward to events again, and not just for the rewards. They're actually fun to play and challenging. I can't just select my 5 most powerfull toons and press auto, wich was the case for pretty much all events when you've got g11+ toons. The mythic tier allows me to use max or close to max toons without the event becomming a cakewalk. However, they're still beatable with underpowered toons (up to a certain point ofcource) with the right team selection and strategy. That's just awesome imo.
Keep 'm commiing por favor ;)
Save water, drink champagne!

Replies

• Stokat
    828 posts Member
    Totally agree!
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    Yeah but if there's one even 1 person can't do then it means the event is broken irrevocably, and not just that they don't have the right set up.

Don't come here sounding reasonable, you HEATHEN.
  • I agree they are a challenge and you can't just auto them you need to devise a strategy to beat them. They are definitely a good addition to the game and you don't need gear 12 toons to beat them. People are always going to moan if they can't beat it but it's meant to be a challenge they can't give you everything on a plate
  • leef wrote: »
    I absolutely love them, all of them.
    Since they got introduced to the game i noticed myself looking forward to events again, and not just for the rewards. They're actually fun to play and challenging. I can't just select my 5 most powerfull toons and press auto, wich was the case for pretty much all events when you've got g11+ toons. The mythic tier allows me to use max or close to max toons without the event becomming a cakewalk. However, they're still beatable with underpowered toons (up to a certain point ofcource) with the right team selection and strategy. That's just awesome imo.
    Keep 'm commiing por favor ;)

Had to quote you @leef , you nailed it perfectly and it bears repeating
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I don't mind the complaining that much tbh, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Afterall, i'm only sharing my personal opinion.
    I just really enjoy these mythic tiers and hope the devs aren't discouraged by the more critical threads about the events. I assume they also analyze the data and have a certain clearance rate in mind they're going for, so i'm not too worried they're going to discontinue or adjust the difficulty to appease some of the more vocal members on this forum.
    Also, it can't hurt to have some possitive feedback on the forum for a change ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Yep, they are good.

Dunno if I've ever beaten any lol, but that's the point - a goal to work towards :smile:
  • JDIII wrote: »
    Now I know I have to get my Baze and Chirrut geared up for the next time this comes rolling around

This.

They act as signposts.

• Krokovich
    292 posts Member
    I agree but 8 waves is too much and gets very tedious after a couple of tries. Especially when there's very little challenge in first 7.
  • Vettes4Fetts2
    523 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Love Mythics. Love the challenge. If I miss completing one, I focus for next time (I'm looking at you Jedi)
  • Yeah they are a welcome addition
  • Yes. These are the challenges we are looking for.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    I breezed through it yesterday, but spent 90 minutes failing today and have never had more fun failing at something. I'm done trying for the day, so I'm going to miss out on those two extra omegas, but that's fine--it's not a make or break thing!

All it means is that I need to gear up Rex beyond g8 before the next time it comes around :P
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Although I should probably point out that there's a bug that makes this one easier than the others--Once you activate the event ability, the assist-calling effect when attacking out of turn persists throughout the whole event. The HoT and Retribution fade, but you will continue to have a 50% chance to call assists attacking out of turn (which makes Cody's massive attack AMAZING).
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Me too. Except Ground War takes forever and is not fun
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »
    Although I should probably point out that there's a bug that makes this one easier than the others--Once you activate the event ability, the assist-calling effect when attacking out of turn persists throughout the whole event. The HoT and Retribution fade, but you will continue to have a 50% chance to call assists attacking out of turn (which makes Cody's massive attack AMAZING).

I've yet to see the HoT work a single time.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    leef wrote: »
    I don't mind the complaining that much tbh, everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I agree that some complaints are warranted. But not every complaint, or opinion is equally valid. And people who gripe about everything, and do so in a destructive way drown out reasonable people with real concerns, and decent ideas about how to improve. People who act like the existence of anything in the game they can't effortlessly beat is proof of the evil conspiracy to steal their money don't serve any useful purpose.
    leef wrote: »
    Also, it can't hurt to have some possitive feedback on the forum for a change ;)

Absolutely true. Some of us have been playing for years now, so we obviously like SOMETHING about the game. We'll get more of what we like if we point that out occasionally instead of just griping all the time. And I agree that having multiple lower tiers that everyone can enjoy, and a mythic tier that challenges long time players is great design for a game with players at a variety of roster development levels.

It's a pleasure to see someone not being a toxic troll on the forum.
  • Krokovich wrote: »
    I agree but 8 waves is too much...

Not at all - if you've invested in the required characters.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    @NicWester thanks for pointing out the assist bug. Yesterday I tried probably 40 times, most with arena mods, and still couldn't beat the last wave (Baze only 6* so not eligible, and my 7* Chirrut has very low gear/health). Today, with my normal non-arena mods, I used the event ability once per toon in the first wave, and the extra assists help me get to wave 8 easier, and helped me keep CLS alive long enough to finish it off. Thanks pal!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • zhtd17
    948 posts Member
    totally agree with the op

on another note, I'm wondering why this post didn't get moved to a deserted subforum like feedback or something lol
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Krokovich wrote: »
    I agree but 8 waves is too much and gets very tedious after a couple of tries. Especially when there's very little challenge in first 7.

This was true before the mythic tiers though.
  • This last event was the only one I could auto but it was still fun to try different squads on day two.
    Ally Code 285-115-111
  • Adding mythic events has been my favorite part of the game. Especially the ability to replay legendary events. Can’t wait for Yoda!
  • As always Leef- you are correct. The only mythic I haven’t beaten yet was the Jedi one. But passively gearing gmy and Ezra for the next time around.

As for the complaints - I don’t mind them either. We spend time and/or money people have a right to complain. I think the problem is - esp for us that are on the forums a bit- is that it’s just an abundance of them every event lol. If you memorize the names a bit you ll see the trend. Players are just getting there and the teams aren’t quite up to snuff. That’s not a criticism at all. I just eeked out this event.

I’ll give the same advice as everyone else because it’s golden- if not this time then next.

Shout out to cap if he is still doing these mythic tiers. They are really great. And I’m waiting to see what you have in store for the Yoda legendary one. I feel like it’s going to be a doozy.
  • Agreed, absolutely, I've only beaten 2 of the mythic events so far and that's absolutely great.

I'll repeat what others have said though, I'd rather the main challenge be what we have to go against. 8 levels just to get there and test your strategy/team comp is simply too much time to spend. Or at least bring it down to 4, to give some relief. The first 7 levels really aren't the challenge, they're easily beatable - it feels pointless to deal with them to get to the end and the real fight.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Mzee
    1777 posts Member
    Completely agree. Mythic Events breathe new life into the events for players with high geared characters. They did a fine job on balancing the enemies well.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    I just wish the reward was 5 omegas instead of 2.... #OmegaCrunchIsReal

Other than that I totally agree, the mythic tiers of the events actually make you think again which is nice. Kinda the way you had to think about the assault battles when you're still developing your roster.