Baze, Taunts, and Tanks

DuneSeaFarmer
3525 posts Member
edited May 2018
Originally asked: Not saying this is good or bad. I am asking if they have a use and on which hero(s)?
Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on

Replies

• Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    bb8 will love them.
  • Hmmm good idea.. Given Bb8 is not a damage dealer, but is very important to AA squads..
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    BB8 can put up surprisingly decent damage when maxed, and you'll want to call him every time with Rey if he has his zeta anyway. In my arena team (JTR R2 BB8 Thrawn GK) I need him to do some damage because JTR is the only real damage dealer (not counting Thrawn, who does a lot of damage but spends most of the battle holding fracture).

But I'm confused which specific mods you're talking about? Speed set? Speed secondaries? Which shape for the protection primary?
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Speed Mod, Protection is the primary stat.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    That doesn't fully answer my question. What shape? Do you mean an arrow?
  • TVF wrote: »
    That doesn't fully answer my question. What shape? Do you mean an arrow?

Well with speed, I would need 4, no specific type, unless it matters. If so, please elaborate :)

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    primaries are set per shape
    • Square = offence
    • Diamond = defence
    • Cicle = protection/health
    • Arrow = speed/crit avoid/accuracy/ protection/health/offence/defence
    • Triangle = crit chance/critdamage/ protection/health/offence/defence
    • Plus = potency/tenacity protection/health/offence/defence
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Okay not explaining myself correctly. The Mod is a Speed mod, you need 4 for boost. Guy running on each. I just saw 2 in the mod shop with protection primary. 35n7pj6.png

Or I'm not understanding lol Ignore 4* rating, just an example.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Arrow: You want speed primary most of the time. Some tanks could use a protection primary.

Triangle: Protection is good for low damage dealers. High damage dealers want crit damage, possibly offense or crit chance.

Circle: Protection, except health for a healer that heals based on their health. Anyone who can be revived may also benefit from health, such as NS.

Cross: Very situational. Some want protection, some potency, a few tenacity, offense is an option, etc.

None of this is dependent on the set. The set is just a stat bonus.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    you should never consider anything else but a speed primary in the arrow slot if you're using a speed set.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Just saw your new post, and you were asking about the arrow after all.
  • leef wrote: »
    you should never consider anything else but a speed primary in the arrow slot if you're using a speed set.

Only a Sith speaks in absolutes. LOL (Couldn't resist). You're right of course, I mainly wondered about Tanks like Baze, etc.. he is a great tank, but can be a damage dealer. Tough call. Mine is full out tank. But I have an alt acct using him as a damage dealer. It's been enlightening.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    leef wrote: »

There's an argument to be made for some tanks to go faster, if they auto-taunt. GK will benefit from speed so he can cleanse and mass attack faster, but obviously benefits from protection. A speed set with an arrow having protection primary and speed secondary could be useful there.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member

Only a Sith speaks in absolutes. LOL (Couldn't resist). You're right of course, I mainly wondered about Tanks like Baze, etc.. he is a great tank, but can be a damage dealer. Tough call. Mine is full out tank. But I have an alt acct using him as a damage dealer. It's been enlightening.

Baze can deal damage?
  • TVF wrote: »

Baze can deal damage?

Ikr, I was surprised. He is great at knocking all or most of the oppositions protection when he strafes. I like having alts, I can experiment.

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Are you sure he isn't just clearing protection up buffs?
  • mtt54p.png

My experimental Baze, g12.
  • My Main acct Baze

28gzh35.png
  • The main account Baze has higher offense than your alt. I do not understand the experiment. Baze special does percent health damage like Rex's 2nd special but neither one is a real damage dealer.
  • Well one thing I have seen is he of course is the last standing on my team and wondered "What if the other was just hanging on by a thread?" I get bored and try mashup squads, and get curious with mods.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator
    Moved to Off Topic at OP's request.
  • Asked for this to be moved. To whomever did, TY!
  • leef wrote: »

The benefit Baze brings beside being a great tank is that whole-team debuff he has. I would think with his taunt and that debuff you would just want a super fast Baze.
  • crzydroid
    7285 posts Moderator

The benefit Baze brings beside being a great tank is that whole-team debuff he has. I would think with his taunt and that debuff you would just want a super fast Baze.

Baze has a one-turn auto taunt (beginning of round, enemy dies, Chirrut falls below 100% health) so most people keep him slow to keep that taunt going. He also gets tm when enemies get buffs, so he can get turns that way.

I do get the dilemma though, there is a similar one with Kenobi. His other powers are great, and I put a speed arrow on him and other speed secondaries to try and get him to keep up with the rest of my JTR team (especially if ge is taking stuns or ability blocks as the taunter). But in some cases you might want that protection arrow on him instead, to maintain the taunt and soak up the damage.