Defending pvp rank

I need help defending my pvp, past few days I'll climb when ever I have battles (just before prizes are awarded I use them) but in the 23 hours that follow I lose all my ranks and start all over again.

What team set up should I use for my last battle to defend ranks better? http://imgur.com/AnIjTmq

Currently using ima gun di, consular, resistance trooper, chewie, was using talia but unlocked lumi yesterday.
Also brought curosecent underworld police for stun and gearing him at the moment, shall I continue? Sidious is 2 days away so tips for when he comes in. I have ima gun di as leader and gear is nearly maxed on all my top guys.

Replies

• I was using Coruscant guy for a while for the same reason, he was easy to get and had stun. he got replaced by Lumi when i got her in a card. So i run Chewie, Jawa, JC, Lumi and Talia (FTP). no idea how well it holds up, I guess it does pretty well since i don't seem to move much in rankings from day to day. but i only try to stay in the top 1000, never really made much of a push to try for even 500. I only get a few ally invites, so i'm guessing those are the people attacking me

• My biggest tip..make ur leader that others see starred up and geared up. When selecting who to fight others will choose what looks like an easier kill
  • Otar
    252 posts Member
    Did that yesterday and the worst part is? It works! Just set your highest star/gear as leader on the last hit of the day and you are set, people will be afraid of you! So funny!
  • Just bide your time, currently I'm in the same boat, I cant break below 500 before the rewards are sent out I get soooo close everyday but even with a powerful level 4 leader ability it doesn't scare people off if their power rating is higher than yours. And just think how much the guy at number one had to pay to get there and the 500 daily crystal bonus he gets is used just to keep his spot I bet. Its probably more pain and agony to be number one than it is enjoyable. the entire game is designed to squeeze people for money so if you let these things bother you they will win and you will pay.
  • Ok, let me explain better, and you will get it, i actually use a 4*as leader but have another 5* on the deck, so on my last attack, now i use the 5* as leader, even if i lose, so people see a 5* not a 4* and believe me, that helps a lot!
    You are right about the other part, im just sharing a strategy that for me at least, works!
  • Farm 5s. There is more you can do, but no one is better for holding your spot then 5s. Tanky as hell, and runs the clock with his basic.
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Keaven
    1099 posts Member
    My biggest tip..make ur leader that others see starred up and geared up. When selecting who to fight others will choose what looks like an easier kill
    This does nothing. You're power level indicates potential advantage or not.

Leaders don't scare anybody.
    Profile: Keaven
    Guild: Fear The Boot
  • I'm not sure in the current state of the game it's worth investing heavily in defense. The best you can do is as was already suggested, throw in your max power and strongest char at leader to encourage people to pick those around you.

I'm currently sitting around 22000 power on my attack team and have not lost on offense in some time, even above my power rating. That's how the top seems to work - attacker has the advantage of focus fire and generally wins. All comes down to sniping and being 'in battle' in the last hour before change.

Just hoping that some day they fix this system and have characters/skill create an impact. it's impossible for me to play from 5-6pm due to work and team meetings.
  • Keaven wrote: »
    My biggest tip..make ur leader that others see starred up and geared up. When selecting who to fight others will choose what looks like an easier kill
    This does nothing. You're power level indicates potential advantage or not.

Leaders don't scare anybody.

They scare me! If I know for a fact you're using Dooku or Sidious I just pass right by. Who has time for that LOL
  • How do you even set your defensive squad? Does it just use your top 5 strongest characters? I'd love to be able to strategize defense.
  • Jeks whats your arena team setup like? 3 attackers 2 healers?