When should I start farming Vets?

Shadowscream
968 posts Member
edited May 2018
Here’s my current roster:
https://swgoh.gg/u/grondak/

Should I just focus on Gearing up my CLS requirements & Empire Team whilst building a FO team, IG88 and a couple of replacement Jedi like Lum/Barris & Aayla.....I.e. consolidate....
Or
Should I be going full focus on Rey requirements.....Vet Smugglers included.

Rey vs Building a another two teams (FO and CLS Rebels) and making my Scoundrels and Jedi Teams a bit more useful in Territory Wars/Battles.

Replies

• I think it depends for what you would you jtr and cls for, for arena, the problem is that your light side is not as strong so it will not work as well as a dark side, but if it is for the raid… Spode you do well in haat and rancor, do you do well in str ? Cls would be for haat and rancor whereas jtr is for str but the issue is that if you want to use jtr in the str, you can see it on videos, you need basically some of the best characters that you might not have, I would go for cls if I was you because he will help you more for the moment.

Ps: I am in the same situation and I chose to get cls first because I can use him for more like personally and I prefer the character ( but that is personal opinion) Rey will be the next objective though.
  • The_boss_350
    152 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Oh and nice arena, is your server rubbish, no offence but how the hell do you stand against them, your characters are not the thoughest !;)?!
  • Newish shard I guess...only one person has JTR
  • Most of the top 50 have at most 1 Zeta, except for the guy with JTR who has everything at Zeta....
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Jedi can drop outright as a priority. If it's for Yoda, you can get him entirely with pilots and maybe Ben.

There is no good time to start farming the vets. No matter when you do it, it's going to be long, rough, and get in the way of other priorities. But the sooner you get started, the sooner you're done.

The CLS prereqs are much easier. A lot of folks get him first for that reason. As you already have the right toons, it would behoove you to get them ready, and the vet farm won't hinder that.

If you want JTR as fast as possible, minimize non-veteran farms from the Cantina. Shortest path means you finish the masked Kylo farm, and get SF TIE Pilot from the guild shop, and FO TIE Pilot from the fleet store.

And don't underestimate the amount of time and energy that goes into farming Finn and Rey, especially without getting Finn from the cantina.
    Still not a he.
  • Newish shard I guess...only one person has JTR

By shard do you mean, server ?
  • Could you post an image, old memories would come back lol
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Newish shard I guess...only one person has JTR

By shard do you mean, server ?

Same thing, yes. The group of people in your arena.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Yoda is not a priority. You have the characters and gear to 7 star him next time he comes. Im not sure why you need to bother thouh.

You could be in my shard for all i know. 5 people hve jtr one uses her in arena. November start.

CLS will let you solo the rancour which would make a big difference to gear and guild currency drops. Especially if/when you move to a bigger guild where 30+ people can solo the rancour.

Remember though you need first order for bb8 before you get the vets. Farming tie silencer and kru from the cantina might be a good option for you to be able to get zetas and bb8.
  • Shadowscream
    968 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Naraic wrote: »
    Yoda is not a priority. You have the characters and gear to 7 star him next time he comes. Im not sure why you need to bother thouh.

You could be in my shard for all i know. 5 people hve jtr one uses her in arena. November start.

CLS will let you solo the rancour which would make a big difference to gear and guild currency drops. Especially if/when you move to a bigger guild where 30+ people can solo the rancour.

Remember though you need first order for bb8 before you get the vets. Farming tie silencer and kru from the cantina might be a good option for you to be able to get zetas and bb8.

Already unlocked and beaten Zeta ship challenge....can only 1 star it....but that gives the Zeta!
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    You should gear your arena team and start farming the vets. You won't get Rey next time around (assuming she comes back in the next 1-2 months), but the time after that you should be able to get her.
  • Naraic
    2243 posts Member
    Naraic wrote: »

Already unlocked and beaten Zeta ship challenge....can only 1 star it....but that gives the Zeta!

My mistake i miscounted the ships you had lol
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Farming vets will by completely useless unless you prepared for BB8 first. Vets are considered pretty much useless outside the JTR event, while FO, which are needed for BB8 (also needed for JTR), also have their uses outside the events. BB8 will help you excel in heroic AAT raids (get Assaj to 7* as well). If you farm vets first, it will block you from farming some of the essential FO toons from cantina. My advice:

Farm FOTP's hard nodes (great pilot as well), Phasma from the shop, FOO from cantina store, and KRU from cantina (will also get you a quite good ship) and meanwhile buy all the Kylo Ren shards you see in the guild shop.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    On a side note:

It looks like you can improve your arena team quite a bit simply by moving some mods around.

https://swgoh.gg/u/grondak/mods/?stat2_5=1
  • Honestly, I would start to slowly farm the vets so you are ready the next time Rey comes around in the fall. It is a long and slow process. You do not need to do 3 refreshes a day if you need other items, but it is easily a 2 month farm or more depending on how many refreshes a day you are attempting.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Most of the top 50 have at most 1 Zeta, except for the guy with JTR who has everything at Zeta....

That's how you spot people directly sending their salaries in CG's vaults. Anyway, apart from math and farm calculator thingies, you need something like one month or so with 3 refreshes per day to 7* the two vets. Depending on your luck with RNG, obviously. It could take less than 3 weeks or it could take more than one month.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Drazhar wrote: »
    Most of the top 50 have at most 1 Zeta, except for the guy with JTR who has everything at Zeta....

That's how you spot people directly sending their salaries in CG's vaults.

Which is great because it means other people can be f2p.
  • Drazhar
    784 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Drazhar wrote: »

That's how you spot people directly sending their salaries in CG's vaults.

Which is great because it means other people can be f2p.

It's even greater when you spot one of them and totally erase him from the face of the arena with a totally f2p team because of more clever modding and strategy (even if knowing how stewpid the AI is quite makes me depressed about strategy).
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    You can't erase someone from the face of the arena by knocking them back six spots but ok.