Galactic Power concerns...

Bambii
14 posts Member
edited May 2018
So recently I reached level 82 and I have seen other players at level 85 with 2.5M GP or something around that. Then I realised how low my GP is compared to that. I currently have 312k GP in the time of writing this. Is that a fair amount for an active F2P? I have four Gear IX and a Gear X in my inventory and 11 Gear VIII/VIIs.

P.S. I didn't know where to post this kind of discussion so I put it here.
Post edited by Bambii on

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Sounds like you took a long break from the game. When did you start playing?
  • Bambii
    14 posts Member
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Sounds like you took a long break from the game. When did you start playing?

I started playing December 2017. I never stopped playing at all. I did rush levels by multi-simming at the start though.
  • Tommo11
    25 posts Member
    The people with 2.5 million gp have been at level 85 for a long time. Keep going and your gp will increase. Don’t focus on boosting your gp, just play the game and it will happen naturally.
    Although one thing, at level 82 this gp suggests to me that you might want to work on your ships.
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Then you’re probably doing ok, those players probably bought a lot of Chromium packs and have a diverse roster.
  • Atticon
    30 posts Member
    I had a RS team well geared and was able to do more then people with 3x the amount of GP I had, you have no reason to worry about GP honestly.
  • Bambii
    14 posts Member
    Tommo11 wrote: »
    The people with 2.5 million gp have been at level 85 for a long time. Keep going and your gp will increase. Don’t focus on boosting your gp, just play the game and it will happen naturally.
    Although one thing, at level 82 this gp suggests to me that you might want to work on your ships.

Recently I have been working on my ships.I only have 5(?) ships at 2 star+ and I'm working on getting Executrix to 7 stars.
  • Lvl 85 is the cap(for now). 2.5 mill GP just means they've most likely been playing a lot longer than you. If you're seeing these people in your arena or fleet shard then they've spent a lot of money.
  • 7_GSTF
    203 posts Member
    2.5 million gp for a level 85 player is normal... I am at 2.2 million now, and have been FTP since I began... on July 26th, 2016. It is entirely possible, it just takes a great deal of time, that is all.
  • What_Why
    59 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Don't worry my friend, you will get there but know it takes a long time with commitment to get there! I started August 2017 and am at 1.4m GP. I have spent a little bit but mostly it takes patience with lots of farming many many characters (and ships). Most people playing longer than a year will be at least 2m GP, it's how the game goes.
  • You’re where you need to be. Once you start zeta and modding you will be there. One toon at a time and you won’t be frustrated so easily or have a gear/omega “crunch”.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Same lvl as you 537,000 gp, funny thing is you said you’ve only got 5 ships and mine make up 213,000 of my gp.
  • Bambii
    14 posts Member
    Wardai wrote: »
    Same lvl as you 537,000 gp, funny thing is you said you’ve only got 5 ships and mine make up 213,000 of my gp.

I've got 5 ships at 2 star+, I have four one star ships though and my ships make up 91784 of my GP.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    GP doesn’t mean anything it’s all about team composition. I’m 1.3mill GP but yet hit Omer 6mill in HSTR there are guys with 2.5mill GP that don’t do that.
  • Random9
    510 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    for free to play you should expect about a million GP per year. Sounds like you're right on target with that.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    It's a reasonable character GP - I'm a fairly new level 85 and my character GP is 400k. The real question is why is your ship GP so low? my ship GP is 390k. It looks like you've been neglecting them, which I wouldn't recommend - fleet arena is my main source of crystals.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • It is reasonable at your level
  • Bambii
    14 posts Member
    It's a reasonable character GP - I'm a fairly new level 85 and my character GP is 400k. The real question is why is your ship GP so low? my ship GP is 390k. It looks like you've been neglecting them, which I wouldn't recommend - fleet arena is my main source of crystals.

I wasn't really a fan of fleet arena battles until now, when I realised its easy to get crystals from there. I'm upgrading my ships now, and am working on upgrading my capital ships too, mainly GMT's ship.
  • Shaunyvee
    916 posts Member
    I've been playing since launch, haven't spent a cent.

Sitting on 2.88M GP.

And I'm not really useful yet for the heroic sith raid --- just focus on farming up the right characters and even with a GP significantly lower you could have a more useful roster :)
  • I'm at 2.8 M and I've been playing since the game was released
  • Don't worry yourself