Ships - Bistan vs Cassian & upgrade question regarding toon level

jayjonbeach
697 posts Member
edited May 2018
Want to farm Chimera in the future (like everyone else...) so have to decide between these two

As it stand right now, I have SRP at 2star, and nothing else for these two ships.

I have no plans to 7* either of these ships, just to 5 is good enough, at least for now

Bistan is easy farm, but apparently gear nightmare and ship only in fleet store and seldom. Cassian ship easy farm but Jyn only in Guild and GE store and not that often, and lots of other goodies in these places.

So kind of torn here, mostly looking for easiest farm

My one question also: If I have SRP 2*, and Bistan 5*, can I 5* the ship, or does SRP need to be 5?

Same question Wedge, 4* but I can 5* ship?

TIA
Post edited by jayjonbeach on

Replies

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    The Pilots don’t have to be 5*
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Ships are total garbage..keep farming..eventually like me youll have them all capped with gold pilots and still lose againt the same ol mirror team that you beat down 5 minutes before..theres no vision,its like 500 penguins wandering around claiming mahogamy.
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Biggs and the tie pilots should be the 1st farm on everyones list
  • Yeah I hear ya, I just want the Zeta drops and maybe top 200 in arena, so just planning for 5* Chimera for now
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Chimera is a beast..viable at any spot until which the update happens 2huch i cant wait for
  • Are they planning to tone it down to bring a little more balance? Or you mean new ships coming?
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Its too unbalanced,im on a very early ship shard and you have to scratch and claw to stay under 50 and i have friends in other shards that took months off and still stay under 100.
    Anyways..i heard new ships and content coming,you can read about it in content section above.
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    It’s either too late or too soon to have big plans for ships. The Chimaera may not be the dominant amiral ship after the next update hits.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah I would not make a big investment in any ship until changes hopefully revealed soon. But both Bistan and Cassian ships are good. I would say that Cassian and K2 are slightly better characters, if that helps. Bistan and SRP have their uses though.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Cassian's ship is a much easier farm and once you're done it's the single most cost-effective source of shard shop currency in the game.

Other than in the Thrawn event I've never actually used it, so I won't speak to its effectiveness as an actual ship. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Bistans ship can be absolutely evil when RNG let's you get target locks
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Neither U-Wing is in the meta now, but as ships are changing this week, I'd say wait before committing resources.

Cassian's ship has some great abilities, but since there are so many, the AI won't know how to use it on defense.

Bistan is a reliable target lock before going into stealth, can buff other ships, and has a guaranteed hit while stealthed. Can be very useful in a pinch if you don't have the exact meta or just want to switch it up, and the best part is the AI can't mess it up. However, like Cassian's, it requires gearing multiple toons which are seldom used these days.

But again, I say wait until we see what ships 2.0 has in store for us.
  • I haven't gotten Bistan's ship but I have to say that, at least in the context of the Chimera challenge, I like Cassian's U-Wing. TL feeds Biggs protection, as does out of turn attacks (under Ackbar). So already 2 of the U-wing's 4 actions give Biggs TM (double if he scores a TL on the assist). The stealth can be nice to take the heat off of a damaged ship if Biggs taunt is down. The hard part is starring, modding and gearing 3 toons. Jyn in particular is a pain to star since shards never show. The good part is that trio has some use outside of fleet. I don't know if you can say the same for Bistan and SRF.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    The good news is that for the Thrawn event you get to do six more pilots for the two Phoenix ships. :p
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • jayjonbeach
    697 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks all for the replies, will be interesting to see what comes out this week for sure. The current Meta seems pretty OP and boring, as in, the top 20 teams in my shard all have EXACTLY the same ships

If I still need one of these, I think I am going for Bistan even though I like the Cass ship a touch better, he is easier farm for me since I have SRP already. I do have KSO, but not Jyn or Cass, so it is 2 things to farm total vs 3 total for Cass ship
  • FWIW, I'm going to Cassian's U-Wing because the pilots don't conflict with my never-ending Cantina farms. Jyn doesn't show up in the guild shop often, but you only need her to show up 20 times to unlock her, and that will be good enough. She does show up in Shipments frequently; 150 crystals for 3 shards, I think.