Am I the only one deliberately going easy in SA?

Prev1
For this last month I haven't done anything to increase my power in the Areana in order to have an easy GW. I just stay in the 200-500 prize pool. Just wondering if I'm the only one?

Replies

• President_Scroob
    1802 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    For this last month I haven't done anything to increase my power in the Areana in order to have an easy GW. I just stay in the 200-500 prize pool. Just wondering if I'm the only one?

No. I am in the top 50 and my GW has been easy since I got a second team of purple 70s

Lumi (L) 7*
    Sid 7*
    Kylo 7*
    QGJ 5*
    JC 7*

All gear 8. This squad can beat GW without losing anyone.

These are the toons I have to choose from for a second team:

7* Hk
    7* Phasma
    6* Dooku
    4* Daka
    5* Mace
    5* Fives
    4* RG

All at least gear 7.

A team of Phasma, HK, Dooku, RG, and Daka usually can win a fight
  • The theory is nonsense. I've finished number one on my server the last two days and top 10 for the last two weeks and GW wasn't any harder. Don't waste opportunities for gems and currency on a **** rumour.
  • Nope, me too. I could climb pretty easily, but I'm already facing ridiculous gw
  • ScubaGuyver
    41 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Yes, I'm doing something similar. I'm in top 10 but I have a massively under "powered" team (#1 28,400, #5 me 26,400) this means I face off against lvl 50-60 in GW even though my characters are maxed lvl 70.
  • No, difficult fights make you think and develop alternative methods to defeat teams. I welcome that.
  • Im always upgrading my main team to keep up, only lvl 58 at the moment i complete GW 50/50
  • DarkHelmut wrote: »
    The theory is nonsense. I've finished number one on my server the last two days and top 10 for the last two weeks and GW wasn't any harder. Don't waste opportunities for gems and currency on a **** rumour.

It has nothing to do with rank and everything to do with squad power... Try using your last squad arena attack of the day (before rewards are paid out) with weak units and see what your GW looks like the next day.
  • I'm keeping my squad power under 26k.... Finish top ten mostly and my GW is fairly easy. I suspect if I jump over 26 or 27k the difficulty will increase dramatically. And frankly the extra credits earned from completing GW is worth more than even 200 crystals sadly.
  • I usually finish in top 5 and I also complete the GW everyday. I guess I'm just luck my GW doesn't seem as difficult as others I've seen. It's not easy but it's doable.
  • Absolutely not, you are not alone :) I try to keep my position, by fighting the lower rank teams creeping up now and then. I can't afford for GW to get any tougher. Today was a bad day lol.
    Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb!
  • @brentwookie are you saying you would risk not getting the credits and 1200 war tokens from GW Qevery day just to fight a tougher opponent? You MUST be p2w.
    The theory is nonsense. I've finished number one on my server the last two days and top 10 for the last two weeks and GW wasn't any harder. Don't waste opportunities for gems and currency on a **** rumour.

It has nothing to do with rank and everything to do with squad power... Try using your last squad arena attack of the day (before rewards are paid out) with weak units and see what your GW looks like the next day.

Doesn't matter. I have one of the highest squad power teams I've ever seen.

GW just takes patience and or a lot of money. People who cry about it don't want to spend and they don't want to wait to build up their roster slowly for free. They want to win NOW and for free. Still makes me laugh.

• Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    I have tried all the rumors, just out of curiosity, and guess what I found, that nothing makes a difference in what I went to face in GW, one day I took my highest power toons and smashed the highest power opponent, and found myself in a higher ranking than ever, and GW was easy, next day did the same and it was as usual
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
    GW just takes patience and or a lot of money.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but neither of those are necessary. If you build a squad for the arena based solely on power and not synergies etc you do not understand the game and you are wasting time and money.

I'm no whale but I beat every GW battle with the same team every day so I can get my shards/ coin. You just need to be clever, and you need to pay attention on the boards.
  • GW is easy now..don't know why but for me it's cool :D
  • Yes, I'm doing something similar. I'm in top 10 but I have a massively under "powered" team (#1 28,400, #5 me 26,400) this means I face off against lvl 50-60 in GW even though my characters are maxed lvl 70.

The theory of our matchups being tied to Arena seems suspect to me considering my Arena team is around 25,000 power at level 70 (got caught switching my arena team at a bad time) and I hover around 50-100 rank and I face off against level 70s from battle 4 onward in GW. If the theory was true your team should face harder teams than I do which is obviously not the case.
  • I have been a little reluctant to go all in on my DPS characters as it would raise my power to 28k+. My arena squad is around 26k and I can stay in the top 3 pretty easily and sometimes take 1.

• The theory of our matchups being tied to Arena seems suspect to me considering my Arena team is around 25,000 power at level 70 (got caught switching my arena team at a bad time) and I hover around 50-100 rank and I face off against level 70s from battle 4 onward in GW. If the theory was true your team should face harder teams than I do which is obviously not the case.

You're missing the point that a lvl 50-60 team could be 26,000k depending on the units and gear etc. Also those are the teams I'm starting with and not finishing with, I'm always finishing with some lvl 70 bloke. Maybe even the last 4 battles.

Meh, this was me pointing out what my observations were. I'm going to keep riding this wave of easy GW battles for as long gas I can. Maybe it doesn't work that way at all. But I'm going to continue pretending it does.
  • When I had Poe and 23k, I had 1-2 teams with all 70 and 7 stars... now I have 26k squad and almost everyone with and 6-7 stars... but its done

• The theory of our matchups being tied to Arena seems suspect to me considering my Arena team is around 25,000 power at level 70 (got caught switching my arena team at a bad time) and I hover around 50-100 rank and I face off against level 70s from battle 4 onward in GW. If the theory was true your team should face harder teams than I do which is obviously not the case.

You're missing the point that a lvl 50-60 team could be 26,000k depending on the units and gear etc. Also those are the teams I'm starting with and not finishing with, I'm always finishing with some lvl 70 bloke. Maybe even the last 4 battles.

Meh, this was me pointing out what my observations were. I'm going to keep riding this wave of easy GW battles for as long gas I can. Maybe it doesn't work that way at all. But I'm going to continue pretending it does.

My point was in theory your matchups should be marginally harder if it only depended on arena rank. Sure those lower leveled toons could have a high power but a level 50-60 should be easier than a level 70. You may be right with there being a comparison of your rank and power (like if you achieve higher ranks with lower power your GW opponents are lower leveled). Either way no one really knows how the opponent selection process works but I think it's safe to say there is an element of randomness to it.
  • DarkHelmut
    54 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    DarkHelmut wrote: »
    GW just takes patience and or a lot of money.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but neither of those are necessary. If you build a squad for the arena based solely on power and not synergies etc you do not understand the game and you are wasting time and money.

I'm no whale but I beat every GW battle with the same team every day so I can get my shards/ coin. You just need to be clever, and you need to pay attention on the boards.

I'm not sure if I'm following you, but I was referring to the people that complain GW is too hard and that they can't win the massive amounts of credits it rewards in order to build the roster to beat it. I'm pointing out that credits are available elsewhere, in smaller amounts, and therefore would require patience to earn up enough to do better in GW. Unless of course your willing to spend real money.

I'm also saying that GW difficulty has nothing to do with squad power, arena rank or how the planets are aligned on Tuesday. It is RANDOM.

• Ztyle wrote: »
    I have tried all the rumors, just out of curiosity, and guess what I found, that nothing makes a difference in what I went to face in GW, one day I took my highest power toons and smashed the highest power opponent, and found myself in a higher ranking than ever, and GW was easy, next day did the same and it was as usual

Indeed that would affirm a reddit developer statement that the highest ever recorded squad power of arena will be associated as variable for the GW matching.
    Would make sense that a daily adjustment would not make a difference due to the power recording.
    Perhaps it is as simple as it is just a bug sometimes or for others often is matching us in GW with significant stronger toons.
    To put another rumor in...
    I noticed when placing in 5's first time in arena just coincidently also I was paired in GW first time with several teams 5's was part. That was odd also after I removed 5's from my arena team, he also left GW at the other team and did not come back since.
    I refrain to believe that the toon selection of arena might influence the GW, but the truth is out there and nobody knows...
  • It's not random though the devs said it was based on you highest winning squad power in the arena. My squad power is about 24,000. My GW have been really really easy since the update where it was changed from rank. I have deliberately not used my other squad at 26,000 to keep it easy.
  • well I've taken it easy as in I havn't bothered spending crystals to try and get past the top 20 in over a month. but I still get down in the low twenties every day just from my 5 free squad attacks. I don't think being lower in the arena makes a lick of difference in GW. It seems to be rather random except for the last two battles. sometimes I run into really difficult 70/fully geared squads as soon as the second fight other times I stomp all over lvl 60 squads up until the last 3 battles. I have enough fodder that the few battles I need to send in a suicide squad to soften things up I can do it enough times I havn't not won GW for quite some time. it has been close a couple of times due to randomly getting a lot more squads I've had to soften up.

• Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    You all do realise that a dev clarified what factor it is that determines the difficulty of GW rite??????

All these back an fourth over random rumors is pontless lol

As i understand it, GW difficulty overall is determined by the highest squad power you have ever used to win a battle.

Now weather it ends up actually being difficult for you to complete or not is up to your team and your bench. But thats where the opponet selection comes from per a dev as i understand it
  • @Abyss, out of curiosity, do you know what thread that was in? I remember hearing that too, buuut I would find it easier to promote if I had a link
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    @Abyss, out of curiosity, do you know what thread that was in? I remember hearing that too, buuut I would find it easier to promote if I had a link

I do not, it was on reddit i think (i saw the quote not the post as i dont know anything about reddit)
  • I just had the worst experience EVER in GW. On an alt account I am level 44 and doing it right this time, going slower, more careful who and how much I level, maxing out hear, etc.
    but I just played a squad a level below me (jc, talia, phasma, jawa, chewie) and they ate through my a and b squad of fully leveled max gear characters. Like tissue paper.
    Plasma was doing AoE or buff every turn (not a joke) and jawa took out two of my chars with one AoE. Half my attacks were dodged or resisted. That's ****.
    This is ridiculous. Game glitch or player glitch I am now out any chance at those prizes.

I don't mind GW being difficult, but not impossible.

I'm going to try again tomorrow but I might be done for a while. I really enjoy the game but enough is enough.

ps- did overall difficulty get higher? My alt team I made this last week is struggling through the missions.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    If memory serves, the dev apologised for the miscommunication leading ppl to think it was about arena rank not swuad power but as i read it, clarified saying "its based on the highest squad power you have used to win a battle"
  • Abyss what I'm saying is the highest I've ever been in the arena is 24, I run a 26 in GW, I just don't try in arena to keep GW soft