Latest Update

Prev1
Have to say from what I have seen of the new update so far its full of awesome little changes. One of the ones i like the most is that gear now has the tag for favourites if they require it.

So my thanks to the devs so far. Hopefully the rest when it goes fully live will be just as good.

Replies

• Yes loads of little great fixes and additions everywhere.
    Cant wait finding the stuff we cant see yet
    Awesome work so far Devs
  • When does it roll
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Already rolled for Android I think. Dunno when iOS is coming.

EDIT: And that's just the client update. I don't know when the content update is coming either.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Android update went live for people in Europe this morning by accident and they rolled out a fix for those folks already. However, the rest of us android users are still not having access to this update.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    Android update went live for people in Europe this morning by accident and they rolled out a fix for those folks already. However, the rest of us android users are still not having access to this update.

Untrue, I am in the US on Android and got both the initial roll-out and the fix.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    TVF wrote: »

Untrue, I am in the US on Android and got both the initial roll-out and the fix.

Didn't say it was only Europe, but those are the only people I've known to have it already.

So... not untrue, but apparently there's more to the story. I have yet to gain access to it. Either way they said it was an accident that people got access at all.

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

This is not necessarily true. The update is not live, elementa are there but the ship table is not open, and other things. The front end stuff and visuals are all there as usual, it any game content is still on hold until it is forced update later this week
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Has anyone else noticed that you can no longer see everyone's contribution to the guild activity for the day? That page now shows how many tickets everyone has earned for some reason, unless I'm missing something.
  • My_goren
    19 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    That does seem intentional @TVF so now it's easy to see who didnt get there 600. But not sure how well be able to track the guild activity contribution.

I guess you can still see the overall guild contribution towards the activity but not the individual contribution.
  • I still don't understand the half-hearted cloak and dagger release date nonsense. Not that its really a big deal, but since CG has already admitted that it would be released somewhere between May 21 and May 25th, with the rescheduling of the Rebel TB, why not just say "We are currently targeting May 23rd" or whatever day they intend, with the understanding that release is subject to change?

I'm mostly just impatient to get my hands on the new content, and excited to see the new features, but its a bit irksome to have a range of days, rather than a potentially specific date.
  • Iy4oy4s
    2923 posts Member
    Classic CG....
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    My_goren wrote: »
    That does seem intentional @TVF so now it's easy to see who didnt get there 600. But not sure how well be able to track the guild activity contribution.

I guess you can still see the overall guild contribution towards the activity but not the individual contribution.

But you could already see the individual tickets from the guild management screen. This feels like a mistake, as it's just duplicate information, and the additional information (how much I contributed to the daily guild activity and how much guild currency I will earn) is missing.
  • I still don't understand the half-hearted cloak and dagger release date nonsense. Not that its really a big deal, but since CG has already admitted that it would be released somewhere between May 21 and May 25th, with the rescheduling of the Rebel TB, why not just say "We are currently targeting May 23rd" or whatever day they intend, with the understanding that release is subject to change?

I'm mostly just impatient to get my hands on the new content, and excited to see the new features, but its a bit irksome to have a range of days, rather than a potentially specific date.

Because if they quote a date and it slips for whatever reason, the forums completely melt down.
  • Yerff_Caasi
    736 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Witzkers wrote: »
    I still don't understand the half-hearted cloak and dagger release date nonsense. Not that its really a big deal, but since CG has already admitted that it would be released somewhere between May 21 and May 25th, with the rescheduling of the Rebel TB, why not just say "We are currently targeting May 23rd" or whatever day they intend, with the understanding that release is subject to change?

Because if they quote a date and it slips for whatever reason, the forums completely melt down.

Which is a valid reason not to, and I don't fault them, but if they don't put any date, the forums will still completely melt down.

Or if they release ahead of schedule, the forums will completely melt down.

Or if they changed anything, the forums will completely melt down.

Or if they didn't change anything, the forums will completely melt down.

Basically, no matter what they do, the forums will completely melt down.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • iOS early update available now, cosmetic and minor updates on ship battles etc still unreleased
  • Fizix
    127 posts Member
    I still don't understand the half-hearted cloak and dagger release date nonsense. Not that its really a big deal, but since CG has already admitted that it would be released somewhere between May 21 and May 25th, with the rescheduling of the Rebel TB, why not just say "We are currently targeting May 23rd" or whatever day they intend, with the understanding that release is subject to change?

It's because CG is tired of setting expectations and missing them or being forced to push out updates before they're ready and getting backlash from users due to bugs. They've stated as much in the past, so best for us to get used to the semi-mysterious nature of pending updates.
  • Scabmaggot
    61 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    My_goren wrote: »

But you could already see the individual tickets from the guild management screen. This feels like a mistake, as it's just duplicate information, and the additional information (how much I contributed to the daily guild activity and how much guild currency I will earn) is missing.

Above the 600 list it has guild raid tickets total but no total for individual daily
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Paligap wrote: »

It's up for me now, but wasn't until a few minutes ago. Believe me, I've been checking.
    Kyno wrote: »

This is not necessarily true. The update is not live, elementa are there but the ship table is not open, and other things. The front end stuff and visuals are all there as usual, it any game content is still on hold until it is forced update later this week

True that was potentially misleading wording. The ability to download the update went live for some players early would have been a better way to phrase it.
  • Since updating the game i am stuck in the disney Lucas films screen. The game wont properly

Anyone else have this happen
  • locodiel
    92 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    On the LS PvE table there are 5 toons and on the DS PvE table 6. Gonna rage quit because of that although anything else looks really promising.
  • DarthGazza wrote: »
    Since updating the game i am stuck in the disney Lucas films screen. The game wont properly

Yes, I am in the same boat. Frustrating!

Since updating the game i am stuck in the disney Lucas films screen. The game wont properly

Very
    DarthGazza wrote: »

Very

Uninstall and reinstall worked for me.

• Xcrit9
    108 posts Member
    One thing I e noticed it seems like you may not have to post zeros in the raid anymore that will be great if this is how it works
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    locodiel wrote: »
    On the LS PvE table there are 5 toons and on the DS PvE table 6. Gonna rage quit because of that although anything else looks really promising.

99% sure this is parody, and well done...but there's always the 1% possibility here...
    DarthGazza wrote: »

Very

Uninstall and reinstall worked for me.

Cheers, that worked a charm
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    So far, I am rather unimpressed. The choice to add donations to the chat just clutters things unnecessarily. The moving of ship challenges to the left side (instead of just leaving them as they were and putting the fleet arena on the left) is just awkward (I've already mis-tapped twice). And quite honestly, while I am excited about a a new fleet PvE table, the thought that CG/EA is going to "fix" something else is more than a little disconcerting, given the first "fix" tho STR rewards, the "fix" to the formerly Resistance mythic event, the "fix" to TW scoring, etc.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The moving of ship challenges to the left side (instead of just leaving them as they were and putting the fleet arena on the left) is just awkward (I've already mis-tapped twice).

What an odd complaint. I guarantee you'll get used to it and you'll forget it was ever a problem.

I don't even care about the rest of the update so far, the fact that joining the raid posts an auto zero, and the fact that I can now DM guild members to yell at them, makes this a home run in my book.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The moving of ship challenges to the left side (instead of just leaving them as they were and putting the fleet arena on the left) is just awkward (I've already mis-tapped twice).

What an odd complaint. I guarantee you'll get used to it and you'll forget it was ever a problem.

I don't even care about the rest of the update so far, the fact that joining the raid posts an auto zero, and the fact that I can now DM guild members to yell at them, makes this a home run in my book.

It wasn't really a complaint - as I said, it was just an awkward decision. Why not just leave the challenge button on the right?

Honestly, we haven't launched a raid today, so I was not aware of the auto-zero thing. Good to know - and yes, a good change.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
This discussion has been closed.