How to reduce the RNG in fleet battles?

Dryff
672 posts Member
edited May 2018
Dryff wrote: »
Okay, so does anyone have an answer as to how to reduce the RNG in fleet battles? I can attack the same player and not kill even one ship, or win the fight without losing a ship (and everything in between) just dependent on RNG alone.

I'm looking for some strategy tips to win more consistently.

For reference, the fleet I'm using (on my friends account) is 12.5 Thrawn (C), 12.5 TFP, 12.5 zFOTFP, 12.5 Biggs, 12.5 Vader, 12.5/11 DT/Shore with reserves of G12.5 Boba, G10 Maul, G11 Poe (for TFP). All ships are 7* except Thrawn at 6*.

I mean, this is the meta fleet and pretty close to maxed out and still gets just bushwhacked about 40% of the time in mirror matches.

-Which ship should you target first? Biggs? I seem to find if I target Reaper or Vader and don't kill them before Biggs taunts, it's a loss. If you target Biggs and don't get a target lock, it's a loss.

-What ability do you use on Reaper's first turn? Protection/Defense for Biggs or take down the taunt on the enemy Biggs and try to snipe another ship?

Thanks! guys!

Now that fleet arena has been amended, this is even worse than ever. Currently 1-7 in basically mirror matches with maxed out (12.5) Thrawn, TFP, Vader, Biggs with Boba, zFOTFP, and G11 Poe...

So I ask again, what is the strategy here to win in fleet arena? :)
Post edited by Dryff on

Replies

• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    RNG can never be reduced as each and every turn uses RNG. Every battle can’t go your way all of the time. That would be awesome if I landed a target lock 100% of the time.

I always target the Reaper first. If your Reaper dies first it’s tough to come back from that. Biggs is the lesser threat.

As for the Reaper question I always attack first. I tend to use his protection ability on my TFP when I pop my scimitar ability on him.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    No.
    There's little strategy tips that can help a little, but 99.9% of the time, that crucial Target Lock by TFP/FOTFP, or dodge by TFP decides the battle.
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Darthpedro
    1175 posts Member
    Kinda late to try and figure this out now since ships is getting it's major shake up later this week and we don't know how that will affect everything.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    well we have ships update coming out soon. and not "soon" but actually soon, like sometime in the next few days. with this update is an adjustment of stats, and no one knows what that will bring. so you may want to wait a little before asking for strategy right now.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I always kill Biggs first unless the opposing Reaper is weak. The sooner you can kill him the better.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Drazz127
    770 posts Member
    Your cap ship is only G6? That'll slow him down and seems like part of the issue. Just try to land target lock early, get a lock on his biggs so you can maybe ability block or remove TM with vader, then use your biggs assist attack on his. Use the buff move on thrawn capital ship first. From there you can usually win pretty easy.
  • Dryff
    672 posts Member
    Drazz127 wrote: »
    Your cap ship is only G6? That'll slow him down and seems like part of the issue. Just try to land target lock early, get a lock on his biggs so you can maybe ability block or remove TM with vader, then use your biggs assist attack on his. Use the buff move on thrawn capital ship first. From there you can usually win pretty easy.

G12.5...but 6 star.
    Kyno wrote: »
    well we have ships update coming out soon. and not "soon" but actually soon, like sometime in the next few days. with this update is an adjustment of stats, and no one knows what that will bring. so you may want to wait a little before asking for strategy right now.

This is probably a fair point. :D