Gar Saxon needs a notch up

Looking at his kit gar Saxon has a lot to be desired
I think with some slight changes he could be semi usefully. Considering the fact his leader is a zeta it doesn't really stand up to the zeta leader bar ,there are characters that have better uniques .as someone with a 19k zeta gar I feel like there could be more.

At the moment his leadership zeta gives all empire allies 50%counter chance +40% defence and 5% health whenever they use a basic ability.

My change:
All empire allies have a 50% counter chance +50% defence up and 5%health whenever they use a basic ability, empire allies gain 5%offence when attacking oustide of their turn stacking untill the start of there next turn.

I believe this will give Gar Saxon leadership a boost in
defence,damagee without making him OP or a completely different character by keeping the counter chance at 50% most of the added damage comes from the team counter attacking or assisting more than once before their turn.
Even if you where to run this with imperial troopers and veers the stacks of offence would probably be about 15%-20% with gar Saxon being 25%-30%.

Looking for feedback so please hmu with something constructive.

Replies

• Looking even more usefully with range trooper lots of assists lots of offence stacking
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    I think his kit is not the issue. They just need to add the Imperial Trooper tag to he and his partner. Right now they they just dont have a place. He is useful in spots and I know in Sith Raid he can do some work, but another tag would help.
  • Sentia
    280 posts Member
    I agree about the imperial trooper tag and a imperial trooper only passive for him and his rocket trooper buddy. They would do great and potential allow for there to be 10 troopers to choose from so you could have 2x trooper teams?
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Also if you play Ig88 lead + Saxon, Range Trooper, Shoretrooper + 1 other trooper or ISC, it can lead to some hilarious results. Mod Saxon for crit and potency and he can stack dots like crazy. I had 13-16 dots on 2 enemies at once in GW.

He still needs a trooper tag though.
  • He’s not a imperial trooper, he’s merely allied with the Empire...
  • Gar Saxon needs a notch-up?

What about Ugnaught? :open_mouth:

Poor little sod.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    He’s not a imperial trooper, he’s merely allied with the Empire...
    Imperial Stooge?
    Imperial Lackey?
    Imperial Quisling?

For game purposes though, Imperial Trooper would seem most appropriate and useful.
  • I dunno if it’d appropriate considering he’s merely a Mandalorian allied with the Empire... if there was a Mandalorian faction sure but otherwise..
  • I dunno if it’d appropriate considering he’s merely a Mandalorian allied with the Empire... if there was a Mandalorian faction sure but otherwise..

One day there will be one.
    I think if gar gave empire allies more of a counter chance- to where it was like CLS. And a little more damage would be real nice.
  • Make basics restore 5% health and 5% protection and we might be getting somewhere.
  • Rath_Tarr
    4944 posts Member
    I dunno if it’d appropriate considering he’s merely a Mandalorian allied with the Empire... if there was a Mandalorian faction sure but otherwise..
    There's never just one Mandalorian faction. :p
  • If he had imperial trooper tag my gar team would be too OP getting Zveers unique and all the others might be overkill
  • Troopers are awesome.already.

Do not need anything from gar.

Gar is a oneoff like VM. No real place to go.
  • Visas Marr has no faction tags . Gar at least is a empire, and as empire leader zetas go it's pretty poor. New bounty Hunter embo has a similar leadership but just miles ahead of gars seems like there is a huge discrepancy between certain zetas. Imagine a leader zeta giving 100 and another character leader zeta gave 20 gar but done the same thing. CLS embo and a few others have a similar zeta to gar but is viable