Need fleet advice

Wardai
252 posts Member
I'm trying to climb higher in fleet as well as working towards the zeta challenge as I've hit the brick wall of zeta palp lead and zQGJ teams.

I'm looking for help on what to work towards zeta challenge and getting higher. I'm willing to invest all GW/fleet currency. I get this is a bit strange before ships 2.0 as some are calling it. The ships I'm working on atm are JC, FO tie, Wedge. I'm also buying all slave/tie advance whenever they show up in the store. Also I am looking at getting tie silencer up after I finish old ben.

If you need the bonus info of my hard node farms it's veers/shoretrooper.

Replies

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    The requirements are:

Any 5 dark side non—capital ships at 4* or more to get executrix to 5* and then 8 non—capital ships of any alignment at 5* minimum (along with Executrix at 5*) for the challenge itself.

The ships, you listed, are all good. If you add Biggs and Imperial Tie, you are good to go. However, depending on how far you ate with your current DS ships, getting GS' ship to 5* may make the challenge available to you earlier since some of your farms are quite rare in the shop.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Waqui wrote: »
    The requirements are:

Any 5 dark side non—capital ships at 4* or more to get executrix to 5* and then 8 non—capital ships of any alignment at 5* minimum (along with Executrix at 5*) for the challenge itself.

The ships, you listed, are all good. If you add Biggs and Imperial Tie, you are good to go. However, depending on how far you ate with your current DS ships, getting GS' ship to 5* may make the challenge available to you earlier since some of your farms are quite rare in the shop.

Should of pointed that out, I've done the 5* for executrix so just progressing towards the zeta challenge and already got biggs/tie advance and tie fighter to 5*. Slave is already 40/65 as well.

Is GS the gauntlet starfighter because if so I haven't unlocked the nodes for gar saxon yet.

More just wondering what I'm doing wrong looked at the top of my shard and see a random endurance 5* with 3 ships 7* (JC, Clone sergeant, silencer) and the rest are 5* and I'm struggling to break top 100

A link to my swgoh incase of mobile users: https://swgoh.gg/u/wardai750/collection/

• GS in this case is probably Geonosian Spy. Definitely not Gar's ship.

If you're using Executrix, you should start Biggs/Vader/Tie/FOTie/Slave 1 or Silencer

Put Slave 1 or Silencer as reinforcement with JC ship.

If your Tie and Tarkin are quick, you should be able to climb without much issue.

Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • GS is Geonosian Soldier. Way easier to farm than Spy.
    Nobody uses Spy.
  • GS is Geonosian Soldier. Way easier to farm than Spy.
    Nobody uses Spy.

I stand corrected. I don't use either of them, so apologies.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    GS is Geonosian Soldier. Way easier to farm than Spy.
    Nobody uses Spy.

Exactly :—)

That ship is an easy farm (GW / fleet shops and a hard node).
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Clearly since no one uses Spy, he will now be must-have ship in new meta.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Clearly since no one uses Spy, he will now be must-have ship in new meta.
    PACKS AND BUNDLES
    Ships 3v3 Launch Bundle
    This is a limited-time offer celebrating the release of Ships 2.0! This bundle contains a trio of both light side and dark side ship blueprints and all-new Reinforcement Materials.
    • Ship Blueprints:
      • Sun Fac's Geonosian Starfighter (x30)
      • Geonosian Spy's Starfighter (x30)
      • Geonosian Soldier's Starfighter (x30)
      • Plo Koon's Jedi Starfighter (x30)
      • Clone Sergeant's ARC-170 (x30)
      • Umbaran Starfighter (x30)
    • Character Shards:
      • Sun Fac (x50)
      • Geonosian Spy (x80)
      • Plo Koon (x50)
      • CT-5555 (Fives) (x50)
    • Ship Building Materials
    • Enhancement Droids
    • Ship Reinforcement Materials
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Reinforcement materials? Lovely.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Sure seems like that ship bundle could be a clue...
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • The ship bundles are just the tip of the iceberg. The factions they are selling to us are the Sepeariats and Galactic Republic. Two factions in DIRE need of a rework, along with many more ships to add including a separatist capital ship.

As for what you should do, I agree with Trystan. You may not get 3* with that team at first, but keep cracking at it.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    I start working on GSoldier after I get JC up, if I’m lucky that will be today.
    Also who should my last reinforcement be since I’ve got ghost/phantom.
  • Wardai wrote: »

Last reinforcement? Whomever has a high GP to boost your fleet GP. Any reinforcements after the second are window dressing - if you've gotten to that point you're only delaying the inevitable.
  • Wardai
    252 posts Member
    Wardai wrote: »

Last reinforcement? Whomever has a high GP to boost your fleet GP. Any reinforcements after the second are window dressing - if you've gotten to that point you're only delaying the inevitable.

Okay I sometimes get there even on wins atm and use tarkins win ability to close it out so was just wondering.
  • CHFC22
    732 posts Member
    GS is Geonosian Soldier. Way easier to farm than Spy.
    Nobody uses Spy.

Occasional spy user here, in top 20! One of the best subs, if using maul + target lockers. Guaranteed one hit.
  • Wardai wrote: »
    Wardai wrote: »

Okay I sometimes get there even on wins atm and use tarkins win ability to close it out so was just wondering.

Huh. I sometimes use Tarkin's iWin too, but even at that point I'm only on my first or second reinforcement.

Either way, at that point you're probably relying on that last ability, so all you need is a bullet sponge.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I'm in a year-old shard so the top fleets are all meta with G12 pilots. With that said, I had a really strange battle last week where it was a dodge-fest on both sides, and I got out three reinforcements while the AI got out all four. We each used the Chim ultimate once and I won on the second use of my ultimate.

The other 99% of battles no one gets to use the ultimate and one reinforcement gets out, two at most.
  • TVF wrote: »
    I'm in a year-old shard so the top fleets are all meta with G12 pilots. With that said, I had a really strange battle last week where it was a dodge-fest on both sides, and I got out three reinforcements while the AI got out all four. We each used the Chim ultimate once and I won on the second use of my ultimate.

The other 99% of battles no one gets to use the ultimate and one reinforcement gets out, two at most.

Two ultimates? Did you buy a lotto ticket too?
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I took a screenshot to show my guild and my fleet shard. My Wedge beat his Wedge. Each Wedge was crying from finally seeing the battlefield for the first time in months. ;)
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    I took a screenshot to show my guild and my fleet shard. My Wedge beat his Wedge. Each Wedge was crying from finally seeing the battlefield for the first time in months. ;)

I had my first of these yesterday. Both sides got out all 4 reinforcements. My last ship was the Phantom II, which is in my starting lineup. 2 Ultimates. Both of us had maxed Thrawn. Was actually the most fun I had in fleet in a while. With 2 thrawns it usually takes 30-90 seconds.
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    When I ran Executrix, I used Tie Fighter, Biggs, Umbaran, Sunfac and Reaper as my starting line. Tie for evade/tm and TL, Reaper to reduce their capital ship tm no matter who died, and the other 3 r the tankiest ships I could find. Always let me get the Executrix finishing move off and that's how I'd win. JC, then Phantom and Ghost were my 1st 3 reinforcements
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Yeah everytime I replace the Phantom and Ghost in my starters I drop like a stone so I leave them in there. The Phantom is very very tanky with his foresight and hits like a truck with his special.

I dont have reaper yet and dont plan on the farm. But Running Tie, both Phoenix, Biggs and Vader with FOTie, Sun Fac, JC and Cassian off bench. My JC and Cassian are only g8, but their assist call is usually enough to kill an injured biggs or one shot most non-tanks. They rarely get that deep on bench anyway. Its enough to get me top 20 or sometimes top 10.
  • Phantom and Ghost are in reinforcements, but usually only Ghost gets brought in. I miss it's -20% potency since TL is so huge, but there's no one else to bump out of the starting lineup atm.