Version Update 5/23/2018 [Mega]

Replies

• CamaroAMF
    1282 posts Member
    Options
    Doxige wrote: »
    Sion will replace First order Stormtrooper but in that node I'm farming the ship... The ship Will stay there? If not, where Will it be?

Since they didn’t mention the ship I would suspect it’s not moving...at least not yet.
  • Options
    This is going to be one of those rare instances where I don't really have much criticism to give. This update is just overall fantastic. We're about 1 Droid rework and a Bronzium multi-buy away from this being the best year in the game's history.

It is great update only problem i have with it is delay of ships PvE
  • Options
    Any chance of changing the zero dmg of the raids to be more than 0-24 hrs. We have a 40 hr zero dmg for hSR to allow the Zerg to fall during the daytime on a weekend. Or can we add more zero dmg time once the 24hrs expires?
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    I, for one, loved the K2S0 running man animation bug...please bring it back :wink:
  • YodaHeIs
    64 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_Leviathan you might also want to change the dates in the non mega thread post.

— thanks for fixing, consider this done.
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Reinforcement Abilities (Formerly called Hardware Abilities in the Game): All ships have received a new ability that activates when the ship is called as a reinforcement. These abilities can change the landscape of a ship battle, bringing staggering effects to bear on your enemies and crushing their fleets.
    Starting Fleet: The starting fleet has been changed from 5 to 3 to create faster paced ships combat. With fewer ships on the frontline, players will now have to make tough choices: leverage their powerful Capital Ships devastating attacks and abilities or reinforce with an Ally Ship to change the landscape of the battle.
    Abilities Updated: All Ship abilities have been updated. Some ships have received extensive reworks to increase their viability and to inject more dynamism into Ship combat. With this update, we’re seeking to bring more compelling Rock-Paper-Scissor gameplay to the Galaxy of Heroes with daily strategy being a regular part of the experience.

And they are....?
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    Alien1031 wrote: »
    Any chance of changing the zero dmg of the raids to be more than 0-24 hrs. We have a 40 hr zero dmg for hSR to allow the Zerg to fall during the daytime on a weekend. Or can we add more zero dmg time once the 24hrs expires?

@CG_Leviathan probably too late but I want to second this. We launch ahead of the raid refresh so we don't cap tickets, which puts our raid open time beyond 24 hours.

I'd also love to see the ability to auto-launch on specific day of week as well as time. We run Pit and HAAT on the same days each week so if it's just a time we can pick, and not a date, this isn't usable for us. I imagine many guilds do the same.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!!!

Two questions:
    1. Are there rewards associated with Quests?
      • Will players who are past the associated level have some chance to get those rewards?
    2. Will a player be able to choose to leave a Starter Guild earlier than the system leads? For instance, if I invite someone to play can they join directly to my guild?
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Options
    This is going to be one of those rare instances where I don't really have much criticism to give. This update is just overall fantastic. We're about 1 Droid rework and a Bronzium multi-buy away from this being the best year in the game's history.

It is great update only problem i have with it is delay of ships PvE

My thoughts exactly. Why the delay on the PVE table? Coding not done? New ships getting introduced in their noses?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    As someone who rarely used the in-game chat (we use Discord) and enjoyed ships as they were, this is a real yawner of an update. Especially since the only part I was actually excited for was put on hold - the ships PvE table.

Don't get me wrong - I appreciate the handful of minor improvements (auto raid register and farmable Sion and Visas) and of course May 25th double drops are great, but there really isn't much else there.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    When multiple units gain Turn Meter and reach 100% Turn Meter simultaneously, those units now take their upcoming turns in order from highest to lowest initial Turn Meter.

This is a huge change that should have been given more attention than a footnote at the end of the patch notes.
    Hi folks, Just to be clear, this change is NOT in the new update. We apologize for the confusion. This was pulled before launch due to balance implications but slipped into the notes.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you would change the turn meter mechanics if we did decide to revisit this in the future.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    @CG_SBCrumb why would you remove the best part of the update? The TM thing was amazing, and actually made our mods matter for a hearbeat. Arena is just an RNG fest, because any old scrub can win since all the TM mechanics are throwing tm around and it's just a coin flip.

Bad form, truly.
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    Options
    Careful though because poorly assigned mods can hinder your squads in character combat. Better to spend additional cantina energy to get the 5-dot mods you actually need.

Tons of guys in my shard run 6 x 5-dot health mods because they're easy to spam in the challenges but they have zero strategy for what they actually do. No potency on debuffers, no speed on the receiver slot. Just haphazardly thrown on.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    When multiple units gain Turn Meter and reach 100% Turn Meter simultaneously, those units now take their upcoming turns in order from highest to lowest initial Turn Meter.

This is a huge change that should have been given more attention than a footnote at the end of the patch notes.
    Hi folks, Just to be clear, this change is NOT in the new update. We apologize for the confusion. This was pulled before launch due to balance implications but slipped into the notes.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you would change the turn meter mechanics if we did decide to revisit this in the future.

https://giphy.com/gifs/filmeditor-the-princess-bride-l2YWqU7ev0l5nfYTC

(that's a gif of the witch from Princess Bride booing you, by the way)

Don't need our thoughts, what you had listed was probably best. Certainly better than the coin flip that is arena now. Way to crush the hopes and dreams of everyone that doesn't have the worst mods imaginable.
  • TVF
    36598 posts Member
    Options
    I'll keep that in mind for my Plo Koon. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Hi folks, Just to be clear, this change is NOT in the new update...
    WHAT??????????????
    Shame, that was the best news in a very, very long time, and for me the best part of the update.
    I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you would change the turn meter mechanics if we did decide to revisit this in the future..
    If you decide to revisit this (I can't believe you're even thinking of not revisiting it), what was announced in the update notes was fine.
  • Options
    The new icon graphics for energy and even some of the gear/character icons are noticeably blocky and lower quality than they were previously as viewed on an ipad. Like 16-bit bad. It hurts to look at. Please fix this.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    Options

Maybe you could explain us the balance implications first?

Most advanced players were real happy about this change.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Neo2551 wrote: »

Maybe you could explain us the balance implications first?

Most advanced players were real happy about this change.

That, too. Was the problem that it actually balanced the arena, and that's bad for business?
  • Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    Options
    StarSon wrote: »

Don't need our thoughts, what you had listed was probably best. Certainly better than the coin flip that is arena now. Way to crush the hopes and dreams of everyone that doesn't have the worst mods imaginable.

Ahh so because you have good mods, i am assuming speed, you are entitled to a change that benefits you? How elitist. Good mods are rng based. So you want to remove rng to protect the good rng you had prior?
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Dabro112 wrote: »

Ahh so because you have good mods, i am assuming speed, you are entitled to a change that benefits you? How elitist. Good mods are rng based. So you want to remove rng to protect the good rng you had prior?

No, though I understand why you would read it that way. I have mediocre mods, only one set with more than +100 speed. But, because of how the arena is, you could go in with ZERO speed, and if the coin flips go in your direction, you win. Anyone who doesn't think that's bogus is an ****.
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    Dabro112 wrote: »

Also, how DARE I want to be able to strategize in an arena match, right? I barely have to think, because whether I win or lose is completely up to luck, or lack of it. Crazy that I want to be able to pick and choose what I do and think that my actions should matter.
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

This is a bad idea. You had it right for about 5 seconds. The balance issue is that coin flips are letting characters that eventually get to 100% potentially take turns BEFORE characters that have been sitting at 100% for multiple turns. How is that balance? How is that strategy? Characters need to take turns in the order they reached max TM, that’s the only equitable solution.

The current meta allows for a lot of rapid TM gain with debuffs, this needs to be addressed. You have the solution, fix it. My guild was literally just discussing how that was the best part of the update and then you deleted it.
  • Options
    Mod them as if modding the toon for normal arena. That way you don't hamper yourself. You'll still get the max bonus for the ship, and your toon might be helpful in TB or TW
  • StarSon
    7437 posts Member
    Options
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

This is a bad idea. You had it right for about 5 seconds. The balance issue is that coin flips are letting characters that eventually get to 100% potentially take turns BEFORE characters that have been sitting at 100% for multiple turns. How is that balance? How is that strategy?

The current meta allows for a lot of rapid TM gain with debuffs, this needs to be addressed. You have the solution, fix it. My guild was literally just discussing how that was the best part of the update and then you deleted it.

Yep, my guild, and a couple of our sister guilds, were also pretty hyped about the change. So was everyone in the guild leader Discord server. And probably the reddit Discord. Balance is bad for the wallet though, I guess.
  • Roken_Fett
    1293 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, I actually want that TM fix in this update. This coin flip with multiple toons with 100% turn meter actually defeats the purpose of strategy. I have my toons set up with varying levels of speed so they move at a certain time. This coin flip business messes that up and sometimes gives the opponent (mirror Sith meta squad) the jump on my squad even though my toons are overall faster.

KEEP IT IN, PLEASE
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • Aluxtu
    420 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah when I have the energy to farm mods I will go back and redo them
  • Dabro112
    79 posts Member
    Options
    I think any change to the interactions of a group of toons reaching 100% at the exact same time should be relative to the tactics it took to get there. So a turn meter swap should be considered higher than other things so we can control our tactics.

Carrie also did a Q&A in which she said speed was never meant to be the dominating ability it is and if you implement that change. Speed would seem to be all that matters. Let's play a game where you code a few outcomes and see in the wild which has better playability. I think the devs sit in a room and say what is the easiest to code and they immediately go that route.
  • YKMisfit
    730 posts Member
    Options
    The gear requests showing up in guild chat is really annoying. It wouldn't be so bad if it disappeared once you've donated the max you're allowed to.