Version Update 5/23/2018 [Mega]

Replies

• Options
    I'm actually slightly miffed with this update (and I got here after the turn meter part had been removed).

Sion on LS9A--I expected him to replace Ewok Scout on DS9B, it was the hardest node on that side, and Ewok Scout isn't worth the effort to bother three starring it on his own; heck, you're better off farming Ghost and Phantom II in Fleets than Hard Nodes, too, so only DS9A is worth bothering with; it would have been nice to have another relevant/worthwhile node to farm on DS9--doesn't make sense, especially if he's sharing the node with Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (though I may be biased here because I had been planning to farm the node to get both the ship and FOST at the same time when optimizing my First Order); it makes more sense, unless you're trying to throttle access to those ships and/or characters and/or increase the number of necessary farms, to keep pilots and ships together than arbitrarily put them with irrelevant things (Krennic with Geonosian Soldier's Starfighter on 9D... a ship you can farm in the Galactic War store and isn't worth the energy). If anything, move Ewok Scout from DS9B to one of FOST's other nodes, and put Sion in DS9B.

Now, for the chat, I have a few nit-picks: we'd been lead to believe--by the Dev QnA with the gamechangers--that Donations would be getting their own channel (I'll look up the relevant bits of the video/transcript if necessary), not that we had to make a new chat just to get away from the spam. In addition, there's no notifications and/or indications that something new has been said in any chat channels save the one you're in; you have to manually check each channel for new text, therefore potentially missing vital information (there may be a sound indication, but I--and many other people--play with the game muted). Lastly, what's the process and moderation guidelines about muting and/or reporting; is there any kind of master list about what will get you warned and/or outright banned? A lot of people have different definitions/expectations when it comes to respect... Are these moderation tools directly to CG employees, or is there a step with owners of the chat? What's the process with unfounded claims of harassment/bullying? These things need to be defined, and the sooner the better.

Lastly, why did you bring back the height re-arrange without any way of turning it off? It's one thing for newer players who don't know better, but many long-time players like setting up our squads in ways that please us--aesthetically, humor, etc--and we should be allowed to do so if so desired; just give us the option to turn it off, please. (Also I've only ever accidentally selected the wrong character once it's happened like three times now for ships, and yet this only applies to squads?)

Also, a concern with the 41 through 85 quests is this: are players being railroaded into farming certain teams/characters? It's one thing to encourage people to farm new characters, but it's another to force them.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    Complaint about Sion going to a LS node instead of DS node...didn't expect that one lol.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Inevitablous
    5 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    CG_SBCrumb wrote: »
    kevsmart wrote: »
    When multiple units gain Turn Meter and reach 100% Turn Meter simultaneously, those units now take their upcoming turns in order from highest to lowest initial Turn Meter.

This is a huge change that should have been given more attention than a footnote at the end of the patch notes.
    Hi folks, Just to be clear, this change is NOT in the new update. We apologize for the confusion. This was pulled before launch due to balance implications but slipped into the notes.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you would change the turn meter mechanics if we did decide to revisit this in the future.

Hi, i think this needs to be canged instead of a die roll like it is now. I think for player strategy purposes, like intentionally getting ahead of the enemy who also has or will have 100% TM the same time as you, leting the one with most TM before would just cancel the strategy of it out. I can suggest a way which can cause the player to make a calculation and get ahead the enemy, or intentionally try to go after your enemy according to strategy. This can be made by letting the toon with higher speed stat go first, it can even take only base speeds into account and not mods. Either way the player would now the mechanic and make a clear decision, either benefit or get punished by it according to the wellness of the strategy made by the player.

Edit: another suggestion of mine is to make the toon with the most, recent tm gain win and go first. so basically if toon x had 90%TM and toon y had 80% TM. after a move X got 20% TM and Y got 30%, so Y would go first. If toon X had 100% TM already and toon Y gets t0 100% from 80% with a move, X will have gained 0 in that move and Y will have gained 20 so Y would go first etc. Thank you if you condier these and thanks for the update.
  • lovemat
    270 posts Member
    Options
    How do we turn off random gear donations in guild chat? They are very annoying and take up almost all of the chat space. What's next, random chat snippets showing in the Guild Exchange? The items have nothing to do with chat. They're like random ads on YouTube.

At the same time, make the progress bar for donations larger in the Exchange. There's a HUGE amount of dead space there now.
    Screenshot_20180522_101107.png
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Also get rid of gear requests in guild chat, I know where to go to donate. I don’t need to see it every time I open chat.
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    Or allow us to make a seperate donation channel taking out the donations from general chat.

Easy do what we did move guild chat to another room . Leave that room default posts
  • Options
    When multiple units gain Turn Meter and reach 100% Turn Meter simultaneously, those units now take their upcoming turns in order from highest to lowest initial Turn Meter.

This is a huge change that should have been given more attention than a footnote at the end of the patch notes.
    Hi folks, Just to be clear, this change is NOT in the new update. We apologize for the confusion. This was pulled before launch due to balance implications but slipped into the notes.

I'd love to hear your thoughts on how you would change the turn meter mechanics if we did decide to revisit this in the future.

Out of everything in the original patch notes, I was excited for the TM change the most. With RNG currently deciding turn order, mods simply do not matter. What specifically about this change affected "balance implications?"
  • LilC24
    27 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    “12:07pm: Removed incorrect patch note regarding multiple units gaining 100% Turn Meter simultaneously. This was removed from the final release due to balance implications.” #FakeNews

You guys can’t even release patch notes without screwing it up.
    IGN: L1lC24 https://swgoh.gg/u/lilc24/
    LINE: L1lC24
    Guild: 502nd Legion https://swgoh.gg/g/33/502nd-legion/
  • Options
    Good news to see the hardware abilities, the double drops on 41st Star Wars Birthday, title system, quest system, auto raid system and Ship 2.0
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »
    Complaint about Sion going to a LS node instead of DS node...didn't expect that one lol.

The complaint was more about how LS9A was already an effective use of a character/ship, and how there are less worthwhile characters on other similarly hard nodes; it was more of a "why are you splitting up FOST and KRCS" thing than anything.
  • Options
    Screenshot_20180522_130947.png

This update added some great chat functionality, but the reason for adding gear donations to default guild chat escapes me. There is a whole separate area for donations, it even has its own holotable in the guild room. Donation have no place in guild chat, they have effectively turned guild chat into an advertisement and made it unusable. Please give us the option to toggle these off.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I doesn't bother me and some of my guildmates actually prefer that way to remind them of donating. :D

Nice to see Visas and Sion becoming free to play but i would have liked if they used some of the cantina nodes instead (there are a few without characters). Usually i take about 2 months to farm there while double that on hard nodes.
  • Options
    So, I've got the new update, but do we know if the quests and titles are coming with the client update? I'm sure I missed it somewhere in the notes, but I cannot find where the Quests would be (besides the "Daily Objectives" replaced with "Quests") or the Titles (You can go to profile and view the fact that you have none, though cannot see what is available)
  • Options

"IF" you decide to revisit in the future? The coin flip has been a major annoyance for ages to all high level players. This change NEEDS to be coming ASAP. Especially now that everyone knows it's possible.

I would do exactly what you were going to do: when tm gets maxed, whoever had more before goes first. Literally the perfect fix. Please put it back.

Randomness may be "balanced", but it's terrible.
  • MeiYuDai
    36 posts Member
    Options
    Still no use for Ally points? i miss the squad tournaments instead of being flooded with new toons on marquee. at least let me buy some gear or shards with these ally points !!

oh god no. this was a giant funnel of rewards to pay-to-players. now if they want new stuff, they actually have to pay for it. a brand new marquee toon can cost a couple hundred bucks instead of getting it unlocked at 4-5* while no one else can get it until the next tourney. the marquee is much better.
  • Options
    This is going to be one of those rare instances where I don't really have much criticism to give. This update is just overall fantastic. We're about 1 Droid rework and a Bronzium multi-buy away from this being the best year in the game's history.

You forgot separatist/ trade federations. then we'd be in the ball park of best year.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Removed
  • Options
    The thing I'm most excited about: all the QOL updates that will make being an officer in a guild so much easier. I'm already taking advantage of chat, and looking forward to the raid features going live universally.

Thing I'm also very excited about: double drops! For three whole days! I need that so much right now!

Thing I'm ambivalent about but will reserve judgment on: Quests sound like Achievements, only they come with Gotta Catch 'Em All type titles. I like things to work toward and accomplish. I don't like feeling like there's things in the game I may never be able to collect or check off. We'll see what happens.

Thing I'm bummed about: Sion replacing FOST. I had just started that farm with the plan to do FOST and KRCS together. This throws a big wrench into that plan.

Thing I'm stressing about: reinforcement abilities on the Cantina node for an unspecified period of time. My Cantina farm list for toons locked behind events or TB is SO LONG, and I'm less than three weeks away from having FO and Phoenix done. I know better than to deviate from my farming plan and miss events, but I'm also kinda freaking out that not going all-in on ship things all the time is going to seriously hurt my fleet ranking (and therefore crystal income, and therefore ability to keep farming). Someone please tell me it will be ok :/
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Thing I'm stressing about: reinforcement abilities on the Cantina node for an unspecified period of time. My Cantina farm list for toons locked behind events or TB is SO LONG, and I'm less than three weeks away from having FO and Phoenix done. I know better than to deviate from my farming plan and miss events, but I'm also kinda freaking out that not going all-in on ship things all the time is going to seriously hurt my fleet ranking (and therefore crystal income, and therefore ability to keep farming). Someone please tell me it will be ok :/
    It'll be ok. Prioritize what will bring you the most for your time. Guessing prioritizing fleet for you (based on your comments) will guarantee best return. Beyond that, just keep swimming. You'll get there.

Edited to add: Because the fleet materials are coming in a gift and they'll be in the fleet table when that unlocks (soon enough apparently), I am personally not going to sweat farming them in cantina and instead continuing to farm Maurader. But I'm very comfortable in my ability to hit #1 in Fleet every day. But we'll see what these changes are when they finally update us. Bottom line remains the same, stay the course and you'll get there.
    Post edited by Muaddib on
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    It'll be ok. Prioritize what will bring you the most for your time. Guessing prioritizing fleet for you (based on your comments) will guarantee best return. Beyond that, just keep swimming. You'll get there.

Can we just appreciate the nicest, friendliest comment of the year for a sec? :)
  • Engels
    90 posts Member
    Options
    Quest button is buggy, its annoying and I want it to be rolled back. thx
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Curious: in the past, when we've had double drops, it's included Galactic War, but in these notes that is not listed among the things that will have double drops. Is that an oversight with the notes, or a deliberate change?
  • Muaddib
    563 posts Member
    Options
    Good catch @Zevox - Hadn't noticed but curious myself. Any insight @CG_SBCrumb ?
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Options
    Totally forgot about the double drops!

That will help speed up farming Veteran Chewie and after that i will be ready for next time Rey Jedi drops. :)
  • Options
    My only complaint is that I don't like the zeta graphic. Not that it's there, that's great, it's just the view/placement/size? puts the looks out of balance, really distracting and annoying. I know that's a petty complaint but it's seriously bothering me lol.
  • Tk42124
    30 posts Member
    Options
    Please tell me this feature will be available for TW and TB! Guild leadership needs a way to see who is not participating in these events.

Players That Haven’t Tagged: Guild members that have not tagged the Raid will display on the leaderboard with a dash to give officers a quick list of who to message.
  • gufu21
    335 posts Member
    Options
    "An automated system will . . . launch raids automatically that are appropriate to the player's level."

Color me cynical, but if this is anything like the recommendations they have now for raid tiers and events, this is going to be trouble.
  • Options
    TVF wrote: »

Out of 2 things that i looked forward in this patch one is delayed hard... Dont know why they announced them together and a month ago also if they cant deliver them together...
  • CG_SBCrumb
    685 posts EA Community Manager
    Options
    Zevox wrote: »
    Curious: in the past, when we've had double drops, it's included Galactic War, but in these notes that is not listed among the things that will have double drops. Is that an oversight with the notes, or a deliberate change?
    Double drops will only be available on following:
    • Light Side (Normal & Hard)
    • Dark Side (Normal & Hard)
    • Cantina
    • Mod Battles
    • Mod Challenges
  • Options
    @CG_SBCrumb are double drops 25th-27th inclusive? So Friday Saturday and Sunday. Ending Monday reset (1am). Thanks.
  • Zevox
    172 posts Member
    Options
    Zevox wrote: »
    Double drops will only be available on following:
    • Light Side (Normal & Hard)
    • Dark Side (Normal & Hard)
    • Cantina
    • Mod Battles
    • Mod Challenges
    So, deliberate change, then. Good to know, at least.