Replies

• Katojan
    11 posts Member
    Options
    Maybe it will get a new ship node?
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Fantastic update, easily the best update of the year, can not wait to get into ships!

Unsure why TB was postponed but otherwise amazing.
    StarSon wrote: »
    @CG_SBCrumb why would you remove the best part of the update? The TM thing was amazing, and actually made our mods matter for a hearbeat. Arena is just an RNG fest, because any old scrub can win since all the TM mechanics are throwing tm around and it's just a coin flip.

Bad form, truly.

Arena is not really an RNG fest, I can beat any team on offense unless I forget to put mods back on my arena team toons. Its current state is the least RNG state its ever been in. EP.. NS .. CLS .. JTR .. REX .. Varied teams can all win and speed doesn't always win as it shouldn't. . Remember old days... CLS Meta = RNG... Rex Meta = RNG... Zaul Meta = RNG... etc...
  • Revi
    573 posts Member
    Options
    Why does every new character have to be locked to one hard node =[ There's already so many to farm that way.

Dollar Dollar, so you still spend on energy/node refreshes. I agree its annoying but that's SWGOH.. and life tbh.
  • _DM_
    10 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

Force spoke to me through visions... i’ve seen a 8... August... it’s August....
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    This is the only thing about the update that I find unpleasant. These mats are probably going to be vital to survival in ships, and they will be found on only one node in cantina.

Dropping all other cantina farms and not farming any mods because these super important items are needed for survival is really lousy. Splitting energy between 2 things is bad enough. 3 is going too far. It's taking all the joy out of double drops for me.

Couldn't they be out on all cantina nodes 6 and above just at a lower drop rate so we have some choice of who to farm while getting the new mats? That's similar to omegas dropping on all top level cantina nodes (although hopefully not that low a rate). If I have to flush cantina energy down the toilet on one useless node from now until late June (when these mats are moved to where they are supposed to be anyhow) I will be irritated the whole time. Put them in a few more locations, and I will be very grateful.
  • exec79
    156 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Mod search, or arrange them by specified stat is really needed. Setting modsets that can be moved with few clicks to another hero would be the heaven....i think the reason they leave mods as it is, they want you to farm mods, and dont want you to setup 5 sets of the best mods and just move them wherever you need in 30 secs... More cantina energy spent, more money income overall.
  • Carlmac
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Nice whine, needs cheese tho
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Carlmac wrote: »
    Nice whine, needs cheese tho

Do you keep any under your bridge?
  • Options
    All the infos you listed are right. ;-)
    But see it positive: you and everybody beating 6a can farm reinforcment. (Is there a short form for this?)
    EA could only sell them for 3 month for $ and crystal ;-)
    And yes, everyone in the t20 will go for it...its a headstart for 4-6weeks.
  • Options
    Rogee wrote: »
    FYI there is a secret way to remove the donation requests from guildchat.

Donate the requested gear, once fulfilled it disappears :)
    That is 100% incorrect and completely untrue
  • Options
    Neat
  • LynnYoda
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    if you read the update you would have seen that 6-A is for a limited time until the ship PVE is released THEN the materials will be farmable for ship PVE nodes instead..

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/170333/ships-2-0-an-introduction-to-reinforcements#latest

The materials we are gifting you should be enough for you to take at least two ships to level two of their Reinforcement Abilities. Additionally, we are going to be taking a Cantina Table node and adding Ship Reinforcement Material to it, so that players can start farming to power up their ships. We will be also releasing two bundles, so that players can bolster their fleets to engage in the new mode.

In this update, you will see a Ship PvE table called Fleet Battles, but it is currently locked. We’re very close to finalizing the content, but changing the core experience required a tremendous amount of work and we still need some time to finish Fleet Battles. We are currently targeting a late June release of Fleet Battles. Fleet Battles will have its own energy and will be one of the locations where players can get Ship Omegas, Reinforcement Materials, and grindable locations for other ships/characters and gear. When Fleet Battles go live we will retire the Cantina Table node that supplies Reinforcement Materials.
  • Options
    You have 2 days to complete a Heroic raid.
    If you set a 24 hour non-damage period for members to join, does that eat into 1 of those days?
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    if you read the update you would have seen that 6-A is for a limited time until the ship PVE is released THEN the materials will be farmable for ship PVE nodes instead..

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/170333/ships-2-0-an-introduction-to-reinforcements#latest

The materials we are gifting you should be enough for you to take at least two ships to level two of their Reinforcement Abilities. Additionally, we are going to be taking a Cantina Table node and adding Ship Reinforcement Material to it, so that players can start farming to power up their ships. We will be also releasing two bundles, so that players can bolster their fleets to engage in the new mode.

In this update, you will see a Ship PvE table called Fleet Battles, but it is currently locked. We’re very close to finalizing the content, but changing the core experience required a tremendous amount of work and we still need some time to finish Fleet Battles. We are currently targeting a late June release of Fleet Battles. Fleet Battles will have its own energy and will be one of the locations where players can get Ship Omegas, Reinforcement Materials, and grindable locations for other ships/characters and gear. When Fleet Battles go live we will retire the Cantina Table node that supplies Reinforcement Materials.

Um... duh? I read it. And I don't want to spend a month wasting very valuable energy. The flow of those materials, according to that info, is balanced around them having their own separate energy. And mods/cantina toons are already a difficult choice we have to make. I don't want to see a third thing thrown into that mix for a single second.

If those materials are put on all cantina nodes 6 and above then at least we have a bit of choice as to who we farm while we acquire them. That seems like a small change that would drastically increase my enjoyment for that month. If nobody agrees that's fine. I'm not imagining an evil conspiracy to steal my money. I'm just respectfully giving feedback.
  • Options
    The shuttle will stay on the node
  • Options
    @
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    This is the only thing about the update that I find unpleasant. These mats are probably going to be vital to survival in ships, and they will be found on only one node in cantina.

Dropping all other cantina farms and not farming any mods because these super important items are needed for survival is really lousy. Splitting energy between 2 things is bad enough. 3 is going too far. It's taking all the joy out of double drops for me.

Couldn't they be out on all cantina nodes 6 and above just at a lower drop rate so we have some choice of who to farm while getting the new mats? That's similar to omegas dropping on all top level cantina nodes (although hopefully not that low a rate). If I have to flush cantina energy down the toilet on one useless node from now until late June (when these mats are moved to where they are supposed to be anyhow) I will be irritated the whole time. Put them in a few more locations, and I will be very grateful.

couldn;t have said it better myself
  • Options
    Ham_Solomi wrote: »

every other ship/toon node matches pilot and ship. so are you sure or just guessing? thanks
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    I agree and I haven't even started on the vets yet :(
  • Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    why not just add sion to it, its annoying because if you want the ship you also need fost any way.

They could've picked a much better node, why is Ewok scout on darkside 9b ??
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    I don't want to spend a month wasting very valuable energy. The flow of those materials, according to that info, is balanced around them having their own separate energy. And mods/cantina toons are already a difficult choice we have to make. I don't want to see a third thing thrown into that mix for a single second.
    Well said. Very well said.

• Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    If you set a 24 hour non-damage period for members to join, does that eat into 1 of those days?

For raids where a non-damage period is necessary, shortening the available time is no problem.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

every other ship/toon node matches pilot and ship. so are you sure or just guessing? thanks

The devs didn't include the command shuttle in the "shard shuffle", so i wouldn't call it guessing.
    Ofcourse the devs can still change their mind, wouldn't be the first time, but based on the information avialable to us the command shuttle will remain on LS 9A hard.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    Options

This isn't strictly true. Nightsister Spirit shares a node with Plo Koon's Starfighter.
  • Ruzhy6
    14 posts Member
    Options
    LynnYoda wrote: »

You took the time to copy - paste the link as well as the relevant info, but not the time to read the OP’s post?
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    Would have to assume that it will, exactly the same way that most guilds' rule does.
    48hrs to complete, 0 damage for 1st 24hrs, leaves 24hrs to hit.
    Presumably the registration can only begin once the Raid is launched. So any time taken for registration will be coming out of the 48 available hours.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

This isn't strictly true. Nightsister Spirit shares a node with Plo Koon's Starfighter.

krennic & geo soldier starfighter aswell.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    CG chose 6a as it's easily accessible to all players lvl60+. The choice to farm the mats is yours to make, either farm them and stay competitive in your fleet shard or don't and be ok with it. CG could've held off making mats available until ships table. Given that the 3v3 will be live in the next few days people would whine about not having mats available.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »

krennic & geo soldier starfighter aswell.

really. had no idea. was planning to never farm NS spirit unless forced to. :) thanks

and for the other comments, i can infer it will stay, I'm sure the person who posted this thread can infer it will probably stay. but if the poster is like me, the whole point of the post is for CG to comment that the shuttle will stay put.

Personally i would love this as I have about 150 command shuttle shards left so that would be great. im just impatient.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    _ho0ligan_ wrote: »
    CG chose 6a as it's easily accessible to all players lvl60+. The choice to farm the mats is yours to make, either farm them and stay competitive in your fleet shard or don't and be ok with it. CG could've held off making mats available until ships table. Given that the 3v3 will be live in the next few days people would whine about not having mats available.

Or they could have put the mats....pretty much anywhere else in the game where cantina energy isn't required - a few hard nodes, in any one of the stores, in one of the challenges (regular or fleet) .

I also find your assumption that the "new" iteration of ships will automatically be a better experience, amusing.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    _ho0ligan_ wrote: »

That would be fair because then no one would have to change their plans and this game is all about planing. It is not okay to just drop something that will be needed to stay competitive on a random node on table where lost of toons are needed for events that people planed to farm for. IT is like saying that while you go to work by the bus driver informs you mid-ride that you are taking route that is 10km longer and you will be late to your work, but there is option to pay additional ticket that will keep old route to your job and you would be okay with it?