Version Update 5/23/2018 [Mega]

Replies

• You have 2 days to complete a Heroic raid.
    If you set a 24 hour non-damage period for members to join, does that eat into 1 of those days?
    If you have Heroic Pit on farm, that takes about 15 minutes to clear.
    If you have HAAT on farm, that takes maybe 2 hours at most to clear.
  • Carlmac wrote: »
    Nice whine, needs cheese tho
    Thanks for providing some.
  • Does that mean you can not choose what guilde you are in?
    If I am in a 70M Guild and a friend of mine just starts playing - can we play and enjoy the game together or is he forced to be in a guild that the game has choosen for him?

You can leave the starter guild at any time and join a regular guild. It was mentioned in a gamechanger video
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Revi wrote: »
    Fantastic update, easily the best update of the year, can not wait to get into ships!
    Honest question (not trolling here) - what specifically is so amazing? I wanted to like this update - and to this point, all it looks like to me is that the UI has had a few minor tweaks. For a non-officer who is in a guild who doesn't use the in-game chat anyway, there are basically no important functional changes. And the few aesthetic changes are, at best, a wash (and that presumes you actually like certain things grouped together the way the devs have decided they will be moving forward).

The ability to sim GW was much more time-saving then auto-posting a zero in a raid - which is the closest thing to "like" for me in this update.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    You have 2 days to complete a Heroic raid.
    If you set a 24 hour non-damage period for members to join, does that eat into 1 of those days?

Probably. Almost certainly.

But I wouldn't worry about it, because if you need the full two days to complete a raid, then you don't need the 0 damage period. If you need 30 hours for the raid because of guild timezone issues, then you can set the timer to anywhere from 0 to 24 hours. Either way, you'll be fine.

Your guild might not be at the point where it can finish a Heroic faster than some folks can enter it, but if you're completing the raid consistently you're not that far off from that point. When you get there, this will be a useful tool in your toolbox. Until then, it's entirely optional.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The ability to sim GW was much more time-saving then auto-posting a zero in a raid - which is the closest thing to "like" for me in this update.
    Have to agree. This update has provided some style, but very little substance.
    What substance was meant to be provided has been delayed by a month.

In game chat had to be one of the least required or wanted, never mind by far least important, things that needed to be addressed. Even then, the same lag and formatting bugs still exist in the awful chat system, so just more style over substance.

I cannot see any valid reason to categorise this as a better update than the one which gave us the ability to sim GW. Much less "best of the year" - which is not much of a claim anyway, when we're only 5 months into it.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Fantastic update, easily the best update of the year, can not wait to get into ships!
    Honest question (not trolling here) - what specifically is so amazing? I wanted to like this update - and to this point, all it looks like to me is that the UI has had a few minor tweaks. For a non-officer who is in a guild who doesn't use the in-game chat anyway, there are basically no important functional changes. And the few aesthetic changes are, at best, a wash (and that presumes you actually like certain things grouped together the way the devs have decided they will be moving forward).

Get ready for a long sentence with lots of, commas. ;)

As an officer who is in a guild that uses Discord but doesn't demand it from all members, and as the designated attack dog of the officer group, for me, the ability to PM someone to tell them to stop putting D in the wrong TW territory, and the ability to PM someone to tell them to sit out the next raid for hitting the current one early, is one of the best QoL things I've seen in this game, ever, and the raid controls, despite needing some more improvements, such as longer than 24 hour lockout, or ability to launch on specific day of week, is awesome too.

Beyond that, ship arena is going to be shaken up, both due to format, and buff/nerf of the meta/non meta ships, and despite the fact that I get first most every day, I'm still excited about this. It's not really any fun fighting the same exact ships all the time, so it will be interesting to see who I'm facing after the dust settles on this.

And double drops.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Muaddib wrote: »
    Thing I'm stressing about: reinforcement abilities on the Cantina node for an unspecified period of time. My Cantina farm list for toons locked behind events or TB is SO LONG, and I'm less than three weeks away from having FO and Phoenix done. I know better than to deviate from my farming plan and miss events, but I'm also kinda freaking out that not going all-in on ship things all the time is going to seriously hurt my fleet ranking (and therefore crystal income, and therefore ability to keep farming). Someone please tell me it will be ok :/
    It'll be ok. Prioritize what will bring you the most for your time. Guessing prioritizing fleet for you (based on your comments) will guarantee best return. Beyond that, just keep swimming. You'll get there.

Edited to add: Because the fleet materials are coming in a gift and they'll be in the fleet table when that unlocks (soon enough apparently), I am personally not going to sweat farming them in cantina and instead continuing to farm Maurader. But I'm very comfortable in my ability to hit #1 in Fleet every day. But we'll see what these changes are when they finally update us. Bottom line remains the same, stay the course and you'll get there.

Thanks for this. And thanks to the other comments reminding me we're all in the same boat with this update. We'll figure it out.
  • CrewTG
    2 posts Member
    I hate to reiterate this but that guild chat with donations displayed is cumbersome and I hope it gets removed stat. It was fine where it was before. Although I understand the intent, it feels a little unnecessary. Despite that minor thing, everything else, such as the guild chat improvements, is great! I hate having separate apps like slack or discord to communicate with guild members. Thank you for changing this! Just get rid of that donation in guild chat update and it will be perfect.....imo :#
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

As an officer who is in a guild that uses Discord but doesn't demand it from all members, and as the designated attack dog of the officer group, for me, the ability to PM someone to tell them to stop putting D in the wrong TW territory, and the ability to PM someone to tell them to sit out the next raid for hitting the current one early, is one of the best QoL things I've seen in this game, ever, and the raid controls, despite needing some more improvements, such as longer than 24 hour lockout, or ability to launch on specific day of week, is awesome too.

Beyond that, ship arena is going to be shaken up, both due to format, and buff/nerf of the meta/non meta ships, and despite the fact that I get first most every day, I'm still excited about this. It's not really any fun fighting the same exact ships all the time, so it will be interesting to see who I'm facing after the dust settles on this.

And double drops.

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Okay, so, if I may summarize:

Paragraph one is a plus for guild officers.

Paragraph two is primarily based on the hope that "Ships 2.0 must be better than current ships because it'll be different...for a while"

And double drops - which would have happened because of May 25th anyway, so isn't technically part of the "update".

Cool - I didn't miss anything then. As a non-officer in a guild that uses Discord (and it is required) who likes the current ship arena, this update is fairly meh for me. Congrats to guild officers and those who need to use the in-game chat then, I guess.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

TVF... I agree 1,000,000 percent of what you just said there it's true...totally

But you have to at least acknowledge a little of the guys point.... 90 percent of people in all guilds are NOT officers and could care less so from his point of view I can at least acknowledge what he's saying.... even though the vast amount of possiblities the ships content could provide should null their arguments about nothing being really updated....

I mean if you completely ignored ships, your fleet sucks and your not an officer this update probably has nothing for you..... Then again they made the choice to suck at ships.... so they are really just whining about their bad decision.... I get that too when people mess up royally they need to vent.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member

the ability to PM someone to tell them to sit out the next raid for hitting the current one early, is one of the best QoL things I've seen in this game
    More to the point—you’ll never even have to do that dm again, because now it’s impossible to hit it early if there’s a lockout period.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    the ability to PM someone to tell them to sit out the next raid for hitting the current one early, is one of the best QoL things I've seen in this game
    To be honest, I would expect that if the person in question isn't reading Guild chat or Guild rules, or TW/TB territory text, then they're not going to pay a blind bit of attention to a PM either.
    Which, while I do see the huge improvement brought by PM, makes that ability possibly rather redundant for the scenario described.

I do see the value added with the addition of PMs and also with the Raid management, but this is only really of any benefit to guilds with bad members who don't follow the rules.
    *edit: The addition of the auto join for 0 feature is one that absolutely does benefit everyone & is a useful feature to have.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    NicWester wrote: »

More to the point—you’ll never even have to do that dm again, because now it’s impossible to hit it early if there’s a lockout period.

Once we hit daylight savings again, the lockout period will not usable for us without changing our schedule, unfortunately. We will raid after guild refresh, so we would need a period of time longer than 24 hours to take advantage of it.

Maybe they will increase the timer by then though, who knows.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

TVF... I agree 1,000,000 percent of what you just said there it's true...totally

But you have to at least acknowledge a little of the guys point.... 90 percent of people in all guilds are NOT officers and could care less so from his point of view I can at least acknowledge what he's saying.... even though the vast amount of possiblities the ships content could provide should null their arguments about nothing being really updated....

I mean if you completely ignored ships, your fleet sucks and your not an officer this update probably has nothing for you..... Then again they made the choice to suck at ships.... so they are really just whining about their bad decision.... I get that too when people mess up royally they need to vent.

Lol - I finished 2 in ships yesterday (and only because I was letting a chat-mate take 1). I actually enjoy ships as they are. But yes, for non-officers, who like ships (or suck at them) this is a rather minor update.

• @Vampire_X @CG_SBCrumb -

Looks a good update. Thanks to the entire team for your hard work. I'm looking forward to exploring all the new stuff.

In the future - a more efficient and user-friendly mod management system would be a really good thing to look at.

Thanks again.
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Isn't Vampire_X a mod like you?
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    No, she's a mod like no other. ;)
  • CoastalJames
    2971 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Thought she was a Dev to be honest...but I don't keep up to date with these things lol!

She's a CG employee...so one of the team.

Wait...I'm a mod?

:open_mouth:
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member

Really? That's confusing, because she seems to be the only one without a "CG" in her name.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    @Vampire_X @CG_SBCrumb -

Looks a good update. Thanks to the entire team for your hard work. I'm looking forward to exploring all the new stuff.

In the future - a more efficient and user-friendly mod management system would be a really good thing to look at.

Thanks again.

If you really really want a mod management system you need to get a small but vocal minority of players and then just keep spam posting how you DON'T want better mod management.... then it's all Field of Dreams from there..."if you don't want it.....it will come" (wink)
  • TVF wrote: »

Really? That's confusing, because she seems to be the only one without a "CG" in her name.

I might be wrong old stick. Apologies if so.
  • Wit some others... we didn't need a ship overhaul and 3v3... we wanted more ships and more to do with them.

I have enough to do, I don't really need quests - but extra rewards are always wanted, so *shrugs*

Don't care about titles, I'm glad some do, I assume titles will often come with quests (above) and rewards, but, again, *shrug*

Starter guilds and general helping new players rise up - doesn't do anythign for me - but I totally get health of the game so, *more shrugs*

Chat, we use dischord, like many. You still can't post screen shots in the game chat and it's not as persistent as dischord. Also, requests showing up is annoying, I see the work around, but c'mon.

Raid changes and tapping in is a great change - not quite as great as simming GW - but I'm 100% on board! Note, it's also the only change that we ASKED for... *shrugs... back to self*

giphy.gif

Like, I'm not against this update, really, but I feel the big giant update is a lot of stuff no one asked for.

There's 15 pages of STR complaints, many (most?) of those representative of 50 person guilds who want immediate changes in the raid...

giphy.gif

TL:DR; Less of the stuff no one asked for, more of the stuff we are asking for.

#AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Sthenos
    96 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    When is this upgrade going live?? Do we know??
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member
    Not overly happy about the UI changes...but I suppose you're going to do whatever you want to do anyway.

Can you please just add in an option to remove donations from chat? It takes up too much room, and it still exists in the guild panel anyway, so for those of us that don't want it there, please let us remove it from chat if we want to.

Also, why the added click on ship reinforcements? Previously all we had to do was select the reinforcement button then select the ship...now we have to select the ship, then click it once more to actually select it. Why the added click?
  • TVF
    36527 posts Member
    Rebuc wrote: »
    Also, why the added click on ship reinforcements? Previously all we had to do was select the reinforcement button then select the ship...now we have to select the ship, then click it once more to actually select it. Why the added click?

I wondered about that too. My guess is once the update is live, the first click will show you the reinforcement ability.
  • Rebuc
    81 posts Member

I wondered about that too. My guess is once the update is live, the first click will show you the reinforcement ability.

Could be...I suppose if there's an actual reason for it it might not be too much of a hassle, right now I've already found myself clicking and then sitting for a few seconds like 'doh'...nothing happening.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Can you please just add in an option to remove donations from chat? It takes up too much room, and it still exists in the guild panel anyway, so for those of us that don't want it there, please let us remove it from chat if we want to.
    It's frankly ridiculous that they didn't simply create a "Donations" sub-channel in the main Guild thread, if they wanted to bring the 2 things together.
    We could then have had a little red number displaying new notifications in that channel - all of which would be a donation request - while still being able to easily read Guild messages.

Instead, because of their terrible planning & absolutely ridiculous decisions on what they think is good for the game, we get this awful abomination where one Guild message is lost due to 10 massivley oversized Donation requests & the only solution is to create a new sub-channel in the main Guild thread, to operate as the main Guild thread.

I mean, really??
  • Sthenos wrote: »
    When is this upgrade going live?? Do we know??

yeah, lots of the things like packs say "available 5/23". its the afternoon of 5/23 for me and i don't see anything?