Chat is Fixed

Just create a room in chat box c as led chat without donations and they won't pop up.

Replies

• IceHawk117
    36 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks for the idea. But we still need a fix not a workaround.
    1. Members have to join the added chat channel. If that is the case, then they are using Discord.
    2. The added chat channel will not have guild status updates.

There needs to be an option to turn off donation requests (separately from guild status updates).
    1. The graphics break the flow of the text (lots of unused space)
    2. The graphics are not removed when filled
    3. The requests are seen from the bottom up (reverse order).
    4. You want to fill oldest requests first.

Post edited by IceHawk117 on
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I wouldn't mind it if it was just: "SomeGuildMember requested Mk5 Keypads" - no picture or button. Often the picture doesn't help much anyway as there's 8-11 different variants of the same component.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Only guild chat creates pop ups.... And I agree, those jumbo donations need to go....
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    donations in main chat are terrible, they take up so much space and break up the text
  • IC3M4N
    267 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m glad they are trying to implement new ideas, but this one tried too hard, thank you CG for the rest of the chat updates
  • Ryche
    151 posts Member
    Does anyone elses screen bounce around?

Get rid of donations in that window too!!!!!! ugh.............
  • Oh it’s “fixed” alright... now we need a way to unfix it so it’s normal again.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • If it ain’t broke, throw it in a wood chipper!

I really hope they give us the option to toggle the guild donations off in chat. I’m purposely ignoring all guild donations now because I won’t even open the chat now
  • I still donate. Just through the old menu for donations. Cause it’s less cluttered then the chat version. And I just use chat even less now and discord even more.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • I feel like a homeless person when i request for gear and then i see in the guild chat my request in huge
  • I’d like to counter this topic title and state that “Chat is NOT fixed”
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Chat is not fixed.

Chat will only be fixed when we can turn off donation requests.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Awesome innovation, but poor delivery on the donation aspect. I get it - it's encouraging and reminding people not just to support each other, but to actually ASK for the donations! Still, it's kinda clunky and inconvenient, imo. I agree with the idea that there should just be a line of text like other notifications of gear and star upgrades saying someone requested something. Or a separate settings change to turn off guild donations in chat, but still able to see upgrade notifications. Some sort of personalized balance.

Side note: idc, they added direct messaging, this outweighs all other negative aspects to whatever else is going on with chat.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to Feedback: UI
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne