Zeta tags

Why oh why are those childish looking tags on my characters? They look awful.

Replies

• No they don't, they are awesome and very helpful, imagine on TW going through all those teams having to tap and hold for each character to pop up, this way it saves you so much time
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member

You look childish and awful. Now go away or I will taunt you a second time.
  • Churlish.
  • I'm not sure what time it saves you, either you're going to beat a team or not. Even in TW. If you're that worried about what zeta they have on then look. I mean, I get what you are saying and all, I just think they look out of place.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    They look great, if people don't like them I guess they shouldn't zeta their characters anymore lol :D
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm not sure what time it saves you, either you're going to beat a team or not. Even in TW. If you're that worried about what zeta they have on then look. I mean, I get what you are saying and all, I just think they look out of place.

In TW, the difference between a win and a loss is often the number of zetas for smaller and middle-sized guilds. I want to know if I'm taking my 60k Bounty Hunters in if they're facing any zetas, and if so how many/which toons. This saves time, and it's great.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • StarSon
    7431 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm not sure what time it saves you, either you're going to beat a team or not. Even in TW. If you're that worried about what zeta they have on then look. I mean, I get what you are saying and all, I just think they look out of place.

Okay, so in TW you long click on a char to see if they have a zeta. After that one, check the next... oh wait the UI refreshed and I have to find the team again. Found them, check the next char... and repeat. Or just glance because now it’s right on the main screen.
  • StarSon wrote: »

You look childish and awful. Now go away or I will taunt you a second time.

And for those that didn’t catch this classic reference... :)

https://youtu.be/FWBUl7oT9sA
  • In arena maybe you fight a slightly lower ranked guy because he doesn't have 3 Zetas. That's a win.
  • Why oh why are those childish looking tags on my characters? They look awful.

Despite seeming impossible, your life has become even more unbearable. Where do you find the strength to go on?
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    I like them. Sometimes change is good.
  • crzydroid
    7294 posts Moderator
    It makes a difference for TW so you know at a glance whether you don't need to over commit for a fake out Zaul or Zarriss squad.

Still have to check speeds though...would be nice to get that number below the picture.
  • I like them.

What a strange thing to be bothered by
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    It makes a difference for TW so you know at a glance whether you don't need to over commit for a fake out Zaul or Zarriss squad.

Still have to check speeds though...would be nice to get that number below the picture.

Idk about the speeds, it would make it way too clustered
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    I kinda liked the ambiguity of not knowing if they have zetas, in the territory war beta when you couldnt click on a toon, only see gear and star level. But sadly you can do that, and im all for the zeta marker now especially for arena quite helpful.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    they are great. lol op
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Hupo
    8 posts Member
    I also agree that they are helpful but they really look out of date... like icons on websites of the 90‘s. I am sure CG can do better than that.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Practicality: 100%
    Cosmetically: 20%

In principle and effect, this is a great change. Appearance-wise, I think there could have been a better form of implementation. Still, this is a positive QoL change.
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    I'd rather see speed than the amount of zetas.
    Imo speed (or tm advantage) is the difference between a win or loss but that is probably for higher guilds.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I must agree that it looks like kitten and in most cases is unnecessary - you could generally estimate how many Zetas are on the squad by looking at its total power.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • NicolasRage
    1038 posts Member
    The zeta tags are amazing, and I actually smiled when I saw it.
  • I’m all for showing zetas but they could have done a cleaner and more subtle way of showing it, like 2 or 3 colored dots on one side of the character frame. The current one just looks somewhat clunky and out of place.
  • They are what they are.

In a month they will be forgotten.
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    I actually attacked and beat a team in arena I've been avoiding for ages because I now know it doesn't have a few Zetas you'd expect to find. I like it, that guy I beat may not. I guess it depends on which side of that battle you fall on.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    I like them. B)
  • The Zeta ability of darth dion:does this ability work for the ultimate ability (I mean when a character with pain gets pain again. Does that trigger for the ultimate ?)
  • Fauztin wrote: »
    Practicality: 100%
    Cosmetically: 20%

In principle and effect, this is a great change. Appearance-wise, I think there could have been a better form of implementation. Still, this is a positive QoL change.

Nailed it.