Defense

So, I may be totally stoopid here, but what stat is Defense. It doesn't really have a number associated with it for the characters, but lots of them affect the stat somehow. Is there a way to find out this magical number? Or are we just left to wonder. I know the lower defense you have, the easier your character can be dealt damage to, but that's all we really know. If you don't believe be and have a few defense mods around, attach them to characters and see what stats it adds to.

Replies

• One the same note, how much do buffs like offense up, defense up, and potency up give you? Is it double? 100%? 150% of your characters regular stat?
  • Offense up and defense up gives 50% and vice versa, speed up is 25% and vice versa, potency and tenacity i believe dont have a set number but i believe tenacity up makes you immune to debuffs while tenacity down only increases your chance to inflict debuffs, it still wont be guaranteed unless the ability says its guaranteed
  • Offense up and defense up gives 50% and vice versa, speed up is 25% and vice versa, potency and tenacity i believe dont have a set number but i believe tenacity up makes you immune to debuffs while tenacity down only increases your chance to inflict debuffs, it still wont be guaranteed unless the ability says its guaranteed

Tenacity up gives 99999% or some other similarly arbitrarily large number whst tenacity down reduced you to 15% (there is always that 15% chance to resist). Potency up i believr is also 25%, cant remember ever seeing potency down....
  • Well, that explains the buffs and debuffs, but what about the defense stat? What does it help/hurt?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    The "defense" stat is actually two stats--armor and resistance. One is for physical damage, one is for special. Anything that affects "defense" affects them both.
  • Fauztin
    1332 posts Member
    Moved to Character Strategy
    "I am a leaf on the wind. Watch how I soar." ~ Hoban Washburne
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Search the forum for Defense Calculator.
  • How is it that I put defense mods on characters and none of those stats raise then?
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    As in defense sets? Or defense diamond primary? Those should raise.
  • Defense sets.
  • I have a before and after here for you on a crappy tank using scrappy mods to give
    + 58 defense and +8 defense %

I have to say that with these really crummy mods I am quite pleased with the 7.3% armor increase and resistance increase.

If I had some credits to drop I could easily get that to +24% increased armor if it scales linearly.

I hope that helps somewhat.

5mw695nbhi5u.png
    qcthchomhhnt.png
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    I have a before and after here for you on a **** tank

You just made FOST cry.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    Defense does not scale linearly. It'd be quite OP if it did.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Defense does not scale linearly. It'd be quite OP if it did.

Is it a horizontal asymptote?
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    It's on diminishing returns, ie. Armor = Defense÷(Defense+Constant)
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    It's on diminishing returns, ie. Armor = Defense÷(Defense+Constant)

I know there is an Excel sheet around with the numbers. I'd like to see it.
  • Awesome! Thanks guys. I wasn't always curious.