Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• is there an immediate point on upgrading the ships reinforcement abilities on your starting lineup as they aren't reinforced into your team or is there some sort of reason you'd want those up immediately on them also
  • Will this impact the requirements/balancing of the daily ship challenges, specifically the zeta challenge?
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Ely wrote: »
    Will Cassian's ship be viable? o:)

It's super viable for shard shop currency!
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • What color will the new ship energy be? C'mon people, these are the important questions.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    CG_Tophat wrote: »
    decided to introduce – Reinforcement On Enter Battle Effects.
    What do you mean "Decided to introduce"? All Capital Ships already provided "Reinforcement on Enter Battle Effects"?
    btw - Could you have chosen a more convoluted term for this? What was wrong with Reinforcement Bonus?
    Because ships were balanced for a 5v5 experience where there were no On Enter effects
    Umm, yes there were? Every single ship that has ever entered the battle as a reinforcement has gained an effect on entering.
    Executrix Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain Retribution for 3 turns.
    Chimaera Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain Critical Chance Up for 2 turns.
    Home One Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain Advantage for 1 turn.
    Endurance Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain Valor for 2 turns.

Do you guys play your own game?? (Rhetorical question)
    Our hope is that you find the experience as interesting and compelling as we do.
    So you took something away that was forever "coming soon" & gave us something that we already had, then chose to call it an update and celebrate it as a wonderfully creative, inventive new idea?
    Get over yourselves.
    Did you have the same hope for the Sith Raid? If so, looking at how massively out of touch with the community your version of "interesting and compelling" is from that, I don't hold much hope, I'm afraid.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    The capital ship bonus isn't going away, pretty sure that's in one of the videos.
  • Ely wrote: »
    Will Cassian's ship be viable? o:)

Who said he wasn't? >:)

He's not
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    The capital ship bonus isn't going away, pretty sure that's in one of the videos.
    Not suggesting that it is, or will be?
    Simply stating that it exists & its existence is completely contrary to their statement that the wonderful term: "Reinforcement On Enter Battle Effects" is a new introduction, or that "there were no On Enter effects."
    It's not & there were.
    It may be new to have unique, individual ones for each ship. But it is not a new concept to the game.
    As such, to celebrate it as new creation is false & ends up feeling like a paltry attempt to garner credit where it is not due.
  • CantWithAU wrote: »
    decided to introduce – Reinforcement On Enter Battle Effects.
    What do you mean "Decided to introduce"? All Capital Ships already provided "Reinforcement on Enter Battle Effects"?
    btw - Could you have chosen a more convoluted term for this? What was wrong with Reinforcement Bonus?
    Because ships were balanced for a 5v5 experience where there were no On Enter effects
    Umm, yes there were? Every single ship that has ever entered the battle as a reinforcement has gained an effect on entering.
    Executrix Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain Retribution for 3 turns.
    Chimaera Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain Critical Chance Up for 2 turns.
    Home One Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain Advantage for 1 turn.
    Endurance Reinforcement Bonus: Reinforcements gain Valor for 2 turns.

Do you guys play your own game?? (Rhetorical question)
    Our hope is that you find the experience as interesting and compelling as we do.
    So you took something away that was forever "coming soon" & gave us something that we already had, then chose to call it an update and celebrate it as a wonderfully creative, inventive new idea?
    Get over yourselves.
    Did you have the same hope for the Sith Raid? If so, looking at how massively out of touch with the community your version of "interesting and compelling" is from that, I don't hold much hope, I'm afraid.

First two: all the reinforcing ships gain a single buff, they don't cause anything. That is totally different as the game changer videos showed.

Get over YOURself lol. You completely misunderstand what's happening because you haven't bothered to educate yourself about it on information freely available and then got mad at them because you don't like your hallucination of what's happening. Lol
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    First two: all the reinforcing ships gain a single buff, they don't cause anything. That is totally different as the game changer videos showed.

Get over YOURself lol. You completely misunderstand what's happening because you haven't bothered to educate yourself about it on information freely available and then got mad at them because you don't like your hallucination of what's happening. Lol
    I don't watch game changer shill videos.
    I read what they have written here, on the official forum.
    I have not misunderstood what they have written.
    I am not mad at anyone.

For someone who seems to think they know a lot, you're making a lot of presumptions without any facts.
    I did not.

Read the quotes I've responded to & please inform me of where I've written anything that is not correct or true?
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Try the update before you decide it's bad. Maybe it'll be wonderful, maybe not. At least try it first.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Try the update before you decide it's bad. Maybe it'll be wonderful, maybe not. At least try it first.
    I can appreciate & respect you having optimism.
    I have not decided that the update is bad, or good, or anything, yet.
    As you say, I will wait to try it out before passing any judgement on it.
    I just do not hold a great deal of hope following their recent track record.

The only thing I have said is that the statement they made is false & that every single ship that has ever entered the battle as a reinforcement has gained a reinforcement bonus, or "Reinforcement on Enter Battle Effects".

so when they state that "Because ships were balanced for a 5v5 experience where there were no On Enter effects" it is quite incorrect.
    This is what I was pointing out, not speculating on whether the update is going to be any good, or not.
    Also not saying that what they're introducing is not different.
    Simply saying that what they wrote is not correct or true.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    [3:29] [AT]: And I agree, yeah, the reinforcement bonuses definitely change things up, and I want to give a little background, because people might already be kind've familiar with what reinforcement bonuses are as you know the capitol ship when you call in a reinforcement they get a buff for example. Well now it's a bit different, and I'll let you guys explain in a second but before where you guys had hardware abilities coming soon you now added reinforcement abilities to that, and for example I saw that Boba Fett's Slave I, when it's going to enter battle, it looks like it's going to taunt when it comes in, and that's pretty awesome. So why don't we talk a bit more about how these reinforcement abilities work, and maybe while we even talk give another example of another ship and what their reinforcement ability will be when they come into battle.

[4:07] [CM]: Yeah there's all--they're all going to have their own unique feel and I think that, without saying too much, we wanted to give excitement to the ships that--to the identity the ship already had. So taunt seems--might seem really strange--on Slave I, but he also gains retribution with that, so even though he's being hit, he's also--as a high damage dealer--he's also, y'know, you have to hit, you're forced to hit him, and [laughing] suffer the repercussions hitting Slave I.

AT - AhnaldT101
    CM - CG_CMandellorian

Reinforcement Bonuses come from the Capital Ship
    Reinforcement on Enter Battle Effects come from the ship entering.
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    @jhbuchholz - thank you for that transcript.
    Again, the new bonuses are unique, but they are still buffs and effects, which is the same as what already happens. Giving each ship their own unique effect sounds great, I'm not disputing that.
    I'm simply saying that Reinforcements gaining bonuses/buffs on entry is not a new thing, it has happened to every single reinforcement ever since Ships were introduced.
    So for them to claim that it did not exist before is false.
    To claim that it's a new creation is also false, it's simply an expansion of an existing piece of functionality.
    So to then use this to replace the "coming soon" hardware seems a bit lazy/cheap.
  • jhbuchholz
    1966 posts Member
    CantWithAU wrote: »
    @jhbuchholz - thank you for that transcript.
    Again, the new bonuses are unique, but they are still buffs and effects, which is the same as what already happens. Giving each ship their own unique effect sounds great, I'm not disputing that.
    I'm simply saying that Reinforcements gaining bonuses/buffs on entry is not a new thing, it has happened to every single reinforcement ever since Ships were introduced.
    So for them to claim that it did not exist before is false.
    To claim that it's a new creation is also false, it's simply an expansion of an existing piece of functionality.
    So to then use this to replace the "coming soon" hardware seems a bit lazy/cheap.

Sounds like maybe you also missed the part where they said it has its own ability slot? Sounds to me more like a ship version of Contracts than anything that already exists in ships.

And maybe you also missed where they said that their original idea for Hardware was a flavor of this?

Whatever it is doesn't really matter I guess. You had some expectation and apparently this fell short. Guess I just don't understand why it upset you so much (which your repetitive posts clearly show to be the case).

I hope you're pleasantly surprised when it goes live.

Happy gaming.
  • vice
    90 posts Member
    I feel like a Quarter Pounder with Cheese
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Sounds like maybe you also missed the part where they said it has its own ability slot? Sounds to me more like a ship version of Contracts than anything that already exists in ships.

And maybe you also missed where they said that their original idea for Hardware was a flavor of this?

Whatever it is doesn't really matter I guess. You had some expectation and apparently this fell short. Guess I just don't understand why it upset you so much (which your repetitive posts clearly show to be the case).

I hope you're pleasantly surprised when it goes live.

Happy gaming.
    Thank you :-)
    I didn't read anything in the quote that you provided that said it has it's own Ability slot.
    "before where you guys had hardware abilities coming soon you now added reinforcement abilities to that"
    From what I've read here & from what you provided, it is simply the same as what Capital Ships do, but each ship has a unique, presumably upgradable one now.
    So they still gain a buff(s) from the bonus & they still only gain the bonus when they come in as a reinforcement.
    Unsure how you don't see this exact piece of functionality already existing.

No, I didn't have any expectation.
    Again, the only thing I'm pointing out is that what they've written is not true.
    Every single ships that has ever been brought in as a reinforcement has gained a bonus, every single time.
    Each ship now gaining their own, unique, bonus is simply an expansion of the existing functionality, instead of providing new functionality.
    Take the code from the Capital Ship reinforcement ability, apply it to the individual ship with changed outputs and the same trigger, job done.
    That's why I said it seemed lazy/cheap.

I am not upset by an update that I have not yet experienced, I am not upset about anything.
    That is purely your own interpretation.
    I'm simply pointing out a false claim.
    I posted once. I have subsequently posted to people who have replied to me incorrectly disputing what I wrote.
    I'm unsure how this qualifies as "repetitive" or as evidence of me being upset.
  • You want to know how to make the ships experience better? Make ships its own standalone game...Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Ships Edition. Let players who like ships go nuts and those that don’t like myself have the old swgoh back. Make swgoh great again #mswgohga
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    You want to know how to make the ships experience better? Make ships its own standalone game...Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes Ships Edition. Let players who like ships go nuts and those that don’t like myself have the old swgoh back. Make swgoh great again #mswgohga

No.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Rogee
    178 posts Member
    With 3 ships on deck, and 4 on reserve, we should be able to field X4 full capital ships and fleets for TW now. Whereas before we had x5 on deck and usually 2 reinforcements spread out to 4 fleets.

Personally, I wish there were ship mods, or pass the character's mod bonuses to the ships.
  • Creepioo
    598 posts Member
    Pretty excited bout this update! Although im a bit concerned its still gonna be only Chimera, seemed like it still had same abilities in gamechanger videos, and actually now that i think about it this will really hurt windu's ship his aoe cooldown reduction but ill hope for the bsst and wait and see.

And I hope Cassian's U-wing is viable got 3/4 Zetas in that ship its power level is insane.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    For what it's worth, I always enjoyed Fleet and ships in general--I just grew to absolutely detest Fleet Arena for its lack of balance and stale meta. But sending my ships out to fight AI ships has always been fun and enjoyable, and I kept farming them all the entire time, even at the expense of zetas. I unlocked the final ship (Command Shuttle) just last week, now I've got nearly all at 7*.

There's a lot of us, I feel, who never stopped liking ship stuff--we just stopped enjoying the most common and frequent use of it: arena.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Late June? What a bummer. Hopefully in that time we can get some new capital ships though. The whole thing of only fighting chimera is boring
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    @CG_SBCrumb @CG_TopHat will the reinforcement materials on cantina 6a be included in the double drops?
  • So since I can see the future what was the purpose of making geonosians and plo koon meta?
  • So if I have this right you're putting reinforcement mats in a cantina node up until we really need them and not disclosing how they will be obtainable afterwards?

That's gotta be the most blatant cash grab ever
  • So if I have this right you're putting reinforcement mats in a cantina node up until we really need them and not disclosing how they will be obtainable afterwards?

No, they are implementing the reinforcement abilities this next update, so they are dropping the mats on a cantina node so people can farm them. This is in addition to the free mats they are giving people. Then, when the new table goes live, the mats will be available there. Not sure where you missed where they said exactly how they will be obtainable there.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    So if I have this right you're putting reinforcement mats in a cantina node up until we really need them and not disclosing how they will be obtainable afterwards?

No, they are putting reinforcement mats in a cantina node up until they are farmable in ship PvE to give us a head start. That's the opposite of cash grab.
  • HarmakhisVallis
    100 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    If I got right, there are new materials coming for ships as well, beside real money, is there a new shop or new currency planned ? Didn't get that in update description ?

Because it was previously said that the current shops will not have additional content for a forseeable future right ?

So OK, my ship currency was put to good use with zetas but if it means dropping in ship arena because of missing new coveted materials, sounds like misinformation here right ?

Or i badly captured info? quite possible as well :-)