Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• NicWester wrote: »
    Caljr wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Thought this was amusing - watched enemy Tie Silencer dodge two shots in a row. Next battle had enemy Biggs dodge once. I actually went into Tie Silencer's stats to make sure dodge was still 2% and read the abilities to make sure that wasn't any special abilities I was missing that give him increased evasion. There isn't. Nice RNG. 2%? Okay, guys. Okay.

Now, don't worry about me - I still won both battles. But the RNG in fleet seems....off. I'll just leave it at that. I did my 2 battles today and will still finish in the top 20. Could easily finish in the top 10, but I don't need this silliness. :D

You are luck, even with pilots XII and equipments XII i easy fall over 40, sometimes more than one time in The same Day. How pilots X and XI dodge more and do more damage than The same pilots and ships with all equipments XII, omegas and Zetas? Since pilots X-XI can often easy beat pilots XII with 3 equipments XII, ships 2.0 is a nonsense, good only for players that combine atacks or play in easy shards

Dodge is perception bias.

Damage is fleet choice. Tarkin raises your offense, so you'll see bigger red hits. Thrawn is crit damage, so you'll see bigger yellow hits. Ackbar is crit damage as well, but only when attacking out of turn. Both Thrawn and Ackbar double the bonus for Empire and Rebels, respectively, to the point where a Rebel under Ackbar is getting +250% damage on a crit out of turn.

If you're playing Tarkin (or Ackbar when attacking on your turn) and see yourself doing less damage than Thrawn, that's why. Post less, read more.

Sorry but I've been up against Tarkin cap ships (bigger red hits) and seen ITF with NO offense buffs hit for 100K, 107K, 110K damage, looked at the pilot and the pilot is Gear 9. Yet, my Gear 12 (yes, all 5-dot maxed mods) Vader's Advanced Tie (maxed abilities) is hitting (WITH Offense up) for 78-80K damage. That is utter crap. Complete and utter crap, even by your own standards. I've seen AI fleet ships attack and hit HARDER with offense DOWN than my ships hit with offense up. (Yes, I've been running Thrawn). My, by your own description, attackers should be getting bigger 'yellow' hits and I've seen AI Biggs (a fricken tank) hit harder than my attackers hit. Absolutely no reason that should be happening. (Both his basic and his special) Same thing with "support" ships. With Thrawn, my ships (especially empire ships) are supposed to have better crit damage and crit chance, but my ships crit substantially less than the AI's ships do.

Don't tell me it is "perception bias" when I can actually count crits I've done vs crits the AI fleet does and continue to get screwed.

As well, I've seen the AI be down to the ITF left and it magically gets 4-5 dodges in a row (three times that I can recall for sure this happened), the cap ship calls in reinforcements and I go from 4v1 to getting defeated. That shouldn't fricken happen. That isn't perception bias. That is the AI cheating, giving itself buffs, giving itself crits, giving itself better odds to win. If it hasn't happened to you, congratulations. But just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.
  • Cant say im not surprised nothing has happened. Meanwhile the race to fastest chimaera will go on with the 6 dot mods coming up in september

Putting 6E mods on Thrawn won't be a wasted for sure but not because of capitol ship speed. If you are fed up losing against Chimaera with same or higher speed just use Executrix, or if you happen to have Geos even Home One. It'll take far less time to max out Executrix's key abilities and gear Tarkin than getting 6E mods (and G12+ items) for Thrawn.
  • nobodyfromjakku
    240 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Thought this was amusing - watched enemy Tie Silencer dodge two shots in a row. Next battle had enemy Biggs dodge once. I actually went into Tie Silencer's stats to make sure dodge was still 2% and read the abilities to make sure that wasn't any special abilities I was missing that give him increased evasion. There isn't. Nice RNG. 2%? Okay, guys. Okay.

Now, don't worry about me - I still won both battles. But the RNG in fleet seems....off. I'll just leave it at that. I did my 2 battles today and will still finish in the top 20. Could easily finish in the top 10, but I don't need this silliness. :D

You are luck, even with pilots XII and equipments XII i easy fall over 40, sometimes more than one time in The same Day. How pilots X and XI dodge more and do more damage than The same pilots and ships with all equipments XII, omegas and Zetas? Since pilots X-XI can often easy beat pilots XII with 3 equipments XII, ships 2.0 is a nonsense, good only for players that combine atacks or play in easy shards

Damage is fleet choice. Tarkin raises your offense, so you'll see bigger red hits. Thrawn is crit damage, so you'll see bigger yellow hits. Ackbar is crit damage as well, but only when attacking out of turn. Both Thrawn and Ackbar double the bonus for Empire and Rebels, respectively, to the point where a Rebel under Ackbar is getting +250% damage on a crit out of turn.

If you're playing Tarkin (or Ackbar when attacking on your turn) and see yourself doing less damage than Thrawn, that's why. Post less, read more.

Sorry but I've been up against Tarkin cap ships (bigger red hits) and seen ITF with NO offense buffs hit for 100K, 107K, 110K damage, looked at the pilot and the pilot is Gear 9. Yet, my Gear 12 (yes, all 5-dot maxed mods) Vader's Advanced Tie (maxed abilities) is hitting (WITH Offense up) for 78-80K damage. That is utter ****. Complete and utter ****, even by your own standards. I've seen AI fleet ships attack and hit HARDER with offense DOWN than my ships hit with offense up. (Yes, I've been running Thrawn). My, by your own description, attackers should be getting bigger 'yellow' hits and I've seen AI Biggs (a fricken tank) hit harder than my attackers hit. Absolutely no reason that should be happening. (Both his basic and his special) Same thing with "support" ships. With Thrawn, my ships (especially empire ships) are supposed to have better crit damage and crit chance, but my ships crit substantially less than the AI's ships do.

Don't tell me it is "perception bias" when I can actually count crits I've done vs crits the AI fleet does and continue to get screwed.

As well, I've seen the AI be down to the ITF left and it magically gets 4-5 dodges in a row (three times that I can recall for sure this happened), the cap ship calls in reinforcements and I go from 4v1 to getting defeated. That shouldn't fricken happen. That isn't perception bias. That is the AI cheating, giving itself buffs, giving itself crits, giving itself better odds to win. If it hasn't happened to you, congratulations. But just because it doesn't happen to you, doesn't mean it doesn't happen.

Do you know how Executrix works?? Tarkin's passive, Victory At All Costs, gives ships extra offense for each debuffed enemy, doubled for Empire ships. if that ability is at least level 7, ITF is getting 40% offense for every enemy ship with a debuff, so of course it's hitting hard even at G9.

I've had bad RNG with crits before, but with Chimaera you're only getting 15% more chance to crit (assuming this is maxed). It means when you do you'll crit hard and get big numbers, but it's not a thing you're going to roll every time, or even most of the time. But please, feel free to post stats on how much you crit vs. how much the AI crits if you're convinced it's unfair.

I've had frustrating matches where the enemy TIE (or Biggs!) dodges 4-6 times in one match, but those are rare. I remember those matches specifically because they are rare are not the norm. You said you remember 3 matches - out of how many since Ships 2.0 started, like 300? RNG happens sometimes. If it was every day, or even a few times a week, that would be a problem, but it's not.
    Post edited by nobodyfromjakku on
  • We need a ships meta. Something that you know will be worth farming.
    Im running the geos and they do ok with Ackbar, but Ive heard they MIGHT be better with Tarkin. Ive also seen here that many people think they MIGHT be best with Chimaera.
    Thats a serious issue, I just cba farming things that MIGHT be better. Give us something thats hawt!!
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »

Sorry but I've been up against Tarkin cap ships (bigger red hits) and seen ITF with NO offense buffs hit for 100K, 107K, 110K damage, looked at the pilot and the pilot is Gear 9. Yet, my Gear 12 (yes, all 5-dot maxed mods) Vader's Advanced Tie (maxed abilities) is hitting (WITH Offense up) for 78-80K damage. That is utter ****. Complete and utter ****, even by your own standards. I've seen AI fleet ships attack and hit HARDER with offense DOWN than my ships hit with offense up. (Yes, I've been running Thrawn). My, by your own description, attackers should be getting bigger 'yellow' hits and I've seen AI Biggs (a fricken tank) hit harder than my attackers hit. Absolutely no reason that should be happening. (Both his basic and his special) Same thing with "support" ships. With Thrawn, my ships (especially empire ships) are supposed to have better crit damage and crit chance, but my ships crit substantially less than the AI's ships do.

Do you know how Executrix works?? Tarkin's passive, Victory At All Costs, gives ships extra offense for each debuffed enemy, doubled for Empire ships. if that ability is at least level 7, ITF is getting 40% offense for every enemy ship with a debuff, so of course it's hitting hard even at G9.

I've had bad RNG with crits before, but with Chimaera you're only getting 15% more chance to crit (assuming this is maxed). It means when you do you'll crit hard and get big numbers, but it's not a thing you're going to roll every time, or even most of the time. But please, feel free to post stats on how much you crit vs. how much the AI crits if you're convinced it's unfair.

I've had frustrating matches where the enemy TIE (or Biggs!) dodges 4-6 times in one match, but those are rare. I remember those matches specifically because they are rare are not the norm. You said you remember 3 matches - out of how many since Ships 2.0 started, like 300? RNG happens sometimes. If it was every day, or even a few times a week, that would be a problem, but it's not.

Fair point about Tarkin, I'll have to look closer next time at debuffs when I'm seeing numbers. However, 4-5 dodges for a ship who's "dodge" was nerfed for 2.0 shouldn't happen. just shouldn't happen. But, I'm not the only person who's saying they are seeing that. I do know that it's more rare that I see a match where ITF doesn't dodge at all than when it does. A more common thread is that the ITF seems to dodge a lot more when it is the last ship? As far as how many battles I've done, I used to do 5 a day. Now I "might" do 3 or more if I need to get back into the top 50 for crystals, or even the top 20 if I can make it. Other than that, I'm just not bothering as it seems others are not. (I've sat at 49th for days without getting bumped. I might be getting attacked, but I wouldn't sit at 49th in 1.0 for hours, let alone days which would lend to the problem that people are playing fleet battles less.)

And again, when I can count having 3-4 critical hits in one match and the AI has 3-4 non-critical hits in the same match, that is a problem. I've done it more than once. With a crit chance capital ship, that shouldn't be happening as often as it does. The AI is giving itself, or getting boosts on defense. Other players are saying the same thing. If my ships are better, maxed out, should be hitting harder, etc., I shouldn't be getting the crap kicked out of me. If there is only one dodge from an ITF and no reaper on the board, the other capital ship shouldn't be going 2 times for every one time my capital ship is going, etc etc etc. I'm watching ships that are comparable to mine do 2-3 times more damage to my ships, having way more luck, doing more crits, even hitting non-crits harder. It just doesn't add up.
  • @Whatelse73 Sorry, I just have a hard time getting on board with "there's anecdotes that this is happening so it must be happening" kind of statements. I'm on the ship discord, which is heavily invested in figuring out strategies and collecting data. Several of the members do at least one refresh a day to experiment with squad compositions. I don't see these complaints popping up there, and these are people who would notice, whose chosen hobby is to find these things out. If you feel it's happening frequently enough to be problematic, it might be worth logging your matches on a daily basis so you can back it up and perhaps get the devs involved.

@Roopehunter Geo Trio is good under all three of those ships; the trick is figuring out the best RIs. Home One does well when there's a lot of ally ships on the field to buff and gives bonuses to Rebels, so Phantom followed by Biggs, Ghost, or Cassian are all situationally good options. Executrix gives big offense bonuses when there's a lot of debuffs, so Vader as first RI followed by DPS-heavy attackers is a good game plan. Chimaera does great with Phantom as first RI because it floods the field then gets to its ultimate. (No personal experience though; I recommend the ship discord if you want to figure out how to get the most out of your fleet.) Personally I love that there's not a set-in-stone meta right now. I figured out how to make a viable lineup out of pilots I already had without having to panic farm something specific.
  • Ebbda
    261 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    Anyone else had this?

So, you're looking for a target to hit. There it is. One 50k less power and every ship weaker, pilot less geared and abilities lacking. All this means a guaranteed, instantaneous victory... Or does it?

Zero dodges here, opposition, have 5, dude!

With this garbage AI situation I ask myself 'Why am I gearing pilots for this mass dose off nonsense to happen?'

The INTELLIGENT thing when making 2.0 would've been avoiding this potential outcome. It's not like he had a 6* Capital ship, therefore, 50k less is reasonable. I was superior ACROSS THE BOARD.

Come on, EA/CG, I get it's AI, but this outcome was without a doubt the least intelligent thing I've seen since 2.0, which says an awful lot.

PS: Adult sentence enhancers a plenty are worthy of this craziness. Unreal...

PPS: Stupidity isn't a swear word. Not sure why that became **** so edited
    Post edited by Ebbda on
  • jjkriv
    429 posts Member
    Id like to know how to beat the hard fleet battles 5c up..Im getting fed up with it and i have 7 star fleets,decent pilots.Ive tried everthing..Mcmoles youtubes do absolutely nothing for me bc he probably has maxed pilots,I cant even make a dent in biggs,let alone keep them from call9ng reinforcements
  • jjkriv wrote: »
    Id like to know how to beat the hard fleet battles 5c up..Im getting fed up with it and i have 7 star fleets,decent pilots.Ive tried everthing..Mcmoles youtubes do absolutely nothing for me bc he probably has maxed pilots,I cant even make a dent in biggs,let alone keep them from call9ng reinforcements

I promise I'm not being flippant here, but make your pilots better. Those stage 5 hard nodes are meant to be difficult. They're the equivalent of the stage 9 regular energy hard nodes, but you don't get to borrow your ally's super awesome CLS or RJT to get you past them. They're meant to be an end-game challenge, and if you haven't invested enough in your pilots, you need to start. A diverse fleet would help as well; I'm not sure you can just hammer your way through all of them with the same capital ship.
  • Bottom line, ships 2.0 still sucks and is a shell of ships 1.0. RNG is too ridiculous, the AI cheats, and yes, some of you have no issues with it what so ever. Good for you. Ships 2.0 sucks. Please, do something to fix it. Even if you put it back to a 5 ship front, that would resolve so many frustrations with it. "Oh darn, that Tank crit on one of my ships for 35K and knocked it out. Ah well, I still have 4 ships left to fight with...." (Even with offense DOWN AI attackers still hit my ships harder than my attackers are hitting. AI Biggs with his basic hits harder than my attackers sometimes. Just ridiculous.)
  • Calm down! Repeatedly complaining about a cheating AI without anything that's even close to hard evidence or using strong language to emphasize what should be fixed asap won't change a thing.
    The problem with the so called "cheating AI" (for which I've seen no indication whatsoever) is that you'd have to basically capture a lot of fleet fights and stats of ships being involved. Based on that footage you could use some simple statistical methods to check whether crit chances or crit damage are far from what they should be. It's a awful lot of work but the only option if you want to be taken seriously with your accusations.
    Squad arena is not half as bad as fleet arena in terms of allowing undergeared new or reworked content to win? I wouldn't say either is bad but from my point of view it is quite the opposite. I see a lot of players entering top 20 that haven't been there before just because some G10-11 Jedi with only two zetas can beat a lot of meta squads on offense. On top of that, the better ones even can hardly be beaten by old meta squads, whereas this is not a problem in fleet arena. I'm using the classical EP lineup with some occasional adjustments and basically old meta ships in fleet arena (KRU, TFP, Biggs, Vader). I'm really struggling to win against some Jedi squads whereas I haven't seen a fleet that really gives me a headache. Even AA with maxed out Geonosians can be beaten by Executrix using that lineup at a success rate of maybe 80-90%.
    BTW, I completely agree that some things really should be changed such as the reinforcement order. It is very annoying that you have to pull useful ships from your lineup just because they mess up your defensive strategy.
  • VIR2L_One wrote: »
    Cant say im not surprised nothing has happened. Meanwhile the race to fastest chimaera will go on with the 6 dot mods coming up in september

Putting 6E mods on Thrawn won't be a wasted for sure but not because of capitol ship speed. If you are fed up losing against Chimaera with same or higher speed just use Executrix, or if you happen to have Geos even Home One. It'll take far less time to max out Executrix's key abilities and gear Tarkin than getting 6E mods (and G12+ items) for Thrawn.

What are u talking about? My thrawn is already maxed and waiting.

And imo at top tier, executrix is generally outclassed by the other 3 capital ships (yes mace + geos included). Tarkin has been pretty much a poor investment for me even in tw.
    Im running the geos and they do ok with Ackbar, but Ive heard they MIGHT be better with Tarkin. Ive also seen here that many people think they MIGHT be best with Chimaera.
    Thats a serious issue, I just cba farming things that MIGHT be better. Give us something thats hawt!!

No they are crap under chimaera please dont do it. They also kinda suck under tarkin, best imo is still ackbar followed by mace for making ppl do 5min battles.

Of course that might change if everyone actually swaps to ackbargeos. But for now, this is the best counter to chimaera meta fleets.

No they are **** under chimaera please dont do it. They also kinda suck under tarkin, best imo is still ackbar followed by mace for making ppl do 5min battles.

Of course that might change if everyone actually swaps to ackbargeos. But for now, this is the best counter to chimaera meta fleets.

In our more or less maxed fleet shard Bugs+Ackbar has no good stance against Geos+Tarkin. Sry, can not agree with that.
  • Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Sorry but I've been up against Tarkin cap ships (bigger red hits) and seen ITF with NO offense buffs hit for 100K, 107K, 110K damage, looked at the pilot and the pilot is Gear 9.

I must say I too am surprised about how hard the AI ITF can hit. I don't know if it's a bug, intentional, or some combination of enemy buffs I don't understand. But I can't seem to figure it out.
    And imo at top tier, executrix is generally outclassed by the other 3 capital ships (yes mace + geos included). Tarkin has been pretty much a poor investment for me even in tw.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • What im seeing in my shard is a mass of low star capitals 4 to 5 and 7 star lineups with ships. Ehich begs the question why are they not leveling up their capital. Im sorry ships play a role but thr capital ship is the biggest bad ship so why is it more advantageous at least in my shard to run a low start ex or home 1 with 7 star ships.

All in all I hate ships 2.0 before I regularly ranked in the top 100 now I can barely break 200 between the ship nerfs and the ridiculous reienforcement issue. Btw I believe that was done so they could quitely walk away from the droid hardware thing promised for so long.
  • Xhedao wrote:
    In our more or less maxed fleet shard Bugs+Ackbar has no good stance against Geos+Tarkin. Sry, can not agree with that.
    Right, the fact that Executrix is slower than Home One but faster than all the Geonosian is a huge advantage! There's usually one or two Bugs that get ability blocked before their first turn which reduces the threat of the initial onslaught substantially. Works also with any other Tarkin fleet against AA+Geonosians.
  • Yeah ships 2.0 is nothing but an RNG fest. It really isn’t fun.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited August 2018
    I see people trying to use AA now, and they are fun to easily beat with the Executrix, and even when I come close to not, a tie swarm comes in and GG's it. I'm like about to lose sometimes, but then oh yeah, Tie swarm.

So either I win flawlessly or I win just, but hardly... actually never lose. Tarkin's ship is just so good when maxxed, you get so much tm, get off ability blocks, get more tm from tfp, buff the tie's offence immensely - nothing like Vader one shotting almost every ship in the game with one crit. (or a reinforced Vader comes in and you win on the enemies turn)

The thing is, against a Tarkin you both get the turn meter on a ships death, against a AA, both theirs and yours ship deaths only give you tm.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    Bottom line, ships 2.0 still sucks and is a shell of ships 1.0. RNG is too ridiculous. Ships 2.0 sucks. Please, do something to fix it.

Just wanted to post and say "This. +10000"

I know it won't change though..."CG/EA - ignoring your feedback since August 2017, because we know better."

Whatevs.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    My take on it is these forums exist as a place for us to vent our frustrations, while they ignore everything and just do what they planned on doing anyway.
  • Gorem wrote: »
    I see people trying to use AA now, and they are fun to easily beat with the Executrix, and even when I come close to not, a tie swarm comes in and GG's it. I'm like about to lose sometimes, but then oh yeah, Tie swarm.
    In fairness, it's pretty easy to win on offense all the same. I play Ackbar with Geonosians and beat Executrix easily on offense, same as you're beating me easily on offense.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • We have only 1 Ackbar lead in the top of our fleet arena but he does take #1 most days running the Bugs. However my payout is an hour after his, so he is usually the last fleet win I have each day when I take the top spot.

And he's so easy to beat and I run the old Thrawn with Biggs, Vader and TFP.

He takes a bit of time to beat but it's never close. The killer is the difference in the ultimates. Ackbar has nothing but Thrawn ends the match.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Gorem wrote: »
    In fairness, it's pretty easy to win on offense all the same. I play Ackbar with Geonosians and beat Executrix easily on offense, same as you're beating me easily on offense.

The irony is real, cause yeah I know, its easy to win on offence now. Meanwhile people still complain about the AI luck and how hard it is to win on offence. Over time you just learn how to win in ships 2.0 and it really has ended up easier then 1.0 to win on offence. Has been harder though with people not using Boba as much, I miss him being the first reinforcement the ai always summoned. Vader as a reinforcement is a pain, though the AI still sucks with him, always using his special, even when my last ship was on 10% health which led me to win.

As good as the AI seems to get upgraded, why does the consular ships still try and give protection regen to tfp.

But as far as geo's are concerned, I've seen them do quite well also under an Executrix lead, people calling it "Trixie". It's really just the ultimates that I see separate them, tie swarms just too good, that and unless people have Plo Koon, Vaders offence being 120% higher is just too good.
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    I know it won't change though..."CG/EA - ignoring your feedback since August 2017, because we know better."

There's a difference between ignoring your feedback and disagreeing with your feedback.
  • Theres hope, CG just responded to the STR feedback... I cant renember which was first, STR or shipsminus2, because both were ages ago, but finally, somethings happening there.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Theres hope, CG just responded to the STR feedback... I cant renember which was first, STR or shipsminus2, because both were ages ago, but finally, somethings happening there.

The Sith Raid happened before ships failed rework, so maybe ships is next? :D It is good to see them finally showing they are seeing the feedback though, and not ignoring it, or the naïve person above who wrote "Disagree". They can't disagree with feedback, that'd not how feedback works, lol.

• Gorem wrote: »
    Theres hope, CG just responded to the STR feedback... I cant renember which was first, STR or shipsminus2, because both were ages ago, but finally, somethings happening there.

The Sith Raid happened before ships failed rework, so maybe ships is next? :D It is good to see them finally showing they are seeing the feedback though, and not ignoring it, or the naïve person above who wrote "Disagree". They can't disagree with feedback, that'd not how feedback works, lol.

CG Employee: CG Manager! this post says we cant disagree with feedback.

CG Manager: NicWester gives feedback that ships 2.0 is better. Cant disagree with that? Ok then! BYE FORUMS

CG Employee: Wait! Nikoms565 says that ships 2.0 is terrible as feedback

CG Manager: Actually i was trying to point out how terrible that idea is.

CG Employee: Oh.