Ships 2.0 5/22/18 [Mega]

Replies

• Ships 2.0 is terrible!!! I will complain about this 50 times a day every single day till it is changed back
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    **** battles take longer to finish now, I've played 4 fleet battles now and this is garbage. Please change it back

Agreed. Longer and more RNG. Just what the players asked for. :D

I was 2 in ships yesterday. I'm happy to land in the top 20 on as few battles as possible. This is boring.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Landale3
    87 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I like reinforcement abilities, and I like the overhaul on most of the ship abilities. I'm not really liking the 3v3 start. It puts slower capital ships at a disadvantage - primarily the Chimaera.
  • I think all of aoe weaker, negligeable dmg
  • gohabsgo wrote: »
    I think all of aoe weaker, negligeable dmg

Funny enough, Ghost got a little bit of a boost to its AOE damage. 20% extra damage for each rebel ally, not just stealthed ally.
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    Lucky I made sure to take top spot 5 minutes before the update. Then when I lost my spot, it took me 3 tries to get it back. I ended up still at #1, but still was ridiculous.
  • Completely RNG dependent. I fought one battle and got my butt whipped then spent 50 crystals went right back in changed nothing and destroyed the other team. In all 6 battles I've fought so far this seems to be the case. Unless you have 100k gp advantage over the other team you will have to rely on luck way more often. I use to get 1st or 2nd every single day now I'll be lucky to stay in the top 20
  • Athusk
    348 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I just had a fleet battle, it was a 4v1 with the 1 being TFP,
    I lost because of how many times TFP evaded, Thrawn’s capital ship got to Annhililate TWO times... TWO TIMES... that is ridiculous. This ship update is ridiculous.

I am okay with the other update on another note.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Fleet arena is somehow more RNG dependent. But, as an added bonus, it takes longer now too!

Lose/lose. :#
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Why are my maxed ships 2-3 ability levels behind now? Why does it seem like half the abilities were nerfed so the upgraded abilities get back to where you were? In some cases not even back to where you were.
  • Cost you 400 crystals? If you didn't manage to win a single battle and didn't make it into top 20 then you never deserved top 1. Assuming you could reach p1 previously. BTW my payout was during the update, I did one battle with the previous system and 3 with the new one. I made it to top 2. I think they should hand out 100-200 crystals to those whose payout was within an hour or two of the update but that's it
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    So I just went from rank #25 to 65 since the update. This has never happened before...
  • Lmfao! I climbed 3 times in 20m. No losses. I love fleet! At least when my rivals were asleep and didn't have biggs on def....
  • Dark_Light
    499 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I’m glad you guys rolled this out properly, by clearly communicating when this new ship content would be live and what would be included in it. @CG_SBCrumb
  • Xxxx
    3 posts Member
    When are we going to finish our achievements with ships? Still missing 8 ships that don’t exist yet
  • I hate ships now. Not much else to say about that but what i hate more is how they screwed over so many people. I mean i understand buffing lesser used ships but come on making the geonosians the best meta for ship at a first look is super messed up because no one uses those ships in the first place. And then nerfing Tie reaper into the ground when so many people spend so much time unlocking it is messed up. And the most egregiously apprehensible decision of all is taking some of the ships stats away and locking them behind these new ability levels. And i would say im done with ships like everyone else but i can because you have to do well in ships so that you can get zetas. So thanks for introducing a new paywall while i struggle to catch up as a F2P. In conclusion this has been one of the biggest blunders thus far.
  • ChickenFett139
    1484 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I don’t seem to be reading Phantom 2 has any kind of ultimate weapon that can one shot players, yet under Thrawn that’s exactly what Sabine did. My Boba Fett was fresh called reinforcement and Sabine one shot him then Thrawn did his ultimate and killed Vader. Time to scrap the idea and fix the bugs.
  • Depablo
    49 posts Member
    od92rzhkness.png
    I’m liking it for now lol. Finally got to 1st in Fleet!
  • This is garbage!!! But I bet it stays this way cause when have the devs ever done something right
  • TRASHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! From 50% RNG BASED TO ENTIRELY RNG BASED. All maxed ships G12 pilots, zetas...means nothing. Didn’t actually think ships could get worse, but you’ve proven us all wrong yet again!
  • Hate the new ships and how they work. Why 3v3? How does that change anything? I don't mind the reinforcement I just really hate the fact that I spent $300 on Crystal's upgrading ships, and now I basically cant use them because instead of having nine ships available I now have 7 available. Someone please explain how 3v3 changes anything for the better.
  • BlueBrawls
    2 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Qhue wrote: »
    I think Cantina Node 6A might be broken. The Reinforcement Material is listed as a possible reward and yet I simmed using 450 cantina energy and got exactly 0 Reinforcement Materials...

I had an issue too. I didn’t get any of the rewards. I simmed 7 battles, I got the pop up about maintance and had to restart the game. I came back and had no barris shards, no materials and no cantina credits. Luckily 84 energy isn’t a lot to lose, but still sucks. @CG_SBCrumb
  • Depablo
    49 posts Member
    iph048v7t9sl.png
    I’m liking the update so far! Lol
  • Pure trash. Didn’t think you guys could actually make ships any worse...congrats on an epic failure
  • The way ships is built it seems that there's a major flaw. Perhaps it's just my opinion but I think that more players will understand. The flaw is that capital ships seem to get their ultimate attacks off too easily and thus it kind of ruins the battle especially with ships such as the Chimaera which not only kills a ship immediately but also increases the cooldowns of they enemy ship.

This flaw essentially hurts people with the slower Chimaera as they are almost guaranteed to be hit first. So far in every battle I've fought my 6 star chimaera never gets to ult first. Having fewer ships on the battlefield only amplifies the effectiveness of that ability since it takes 1/3 of the ships out instead of 1/5 which makes it alot more dangerous. I have yet to try out the Executrix but I'm assuming it's ult is going to be even more devastating as it has fewer ships to hit. This change hurts the home one whose ability heavily depends of having multiple ships on the field.

I wish ship ultimates would take longer to deploy and let fighters battle it out for longer before ship ultimates come into play. Also another thing that sticks out is that having fewer ships in total makes the additional reinforcement way more valuable, this is bad news for those who run 6 star capital ships. I hope those issues will be addressed because having a 6 star capital shouldn't be prohibitive for reaching higher ranks.
  • Downside was troubleshooting what worked and what didn't in live PVP, but up-side is that the fights were more overall enjoyable (I was maybe a one battle/day for fleets and I did 10 today; most of which was experimenting, part was seeing how far I could climb). Abilities do seem nerfed, though.

• Scorchy
    69 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    What a waste of time can't even bother getting top 5 everyday now thanks to complete rng for ships to even win a battle. Mirror matches are entirely rng based where the enemy never misses tfp. If you're gonna pull some garbage like this at least make it so every tier in ships gets crystals not just the top 20 who have the best rng.
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Shouldn't it be though?