Inactive Guilds Name Policy

Just wondering what the policy is in regards to inactive guilds and their names. For example I'm looking at making a new guild but the name i really wanted is currently being taken by a different guild, when looking this other guild up I can see that all the members have been inactive for close to a year now. Is there any policy in regards to auto disband after such inactive periods of time, then freeing up the guild name for use by other people?

Replies

• You mean like Washington Redskins?
  • Haha something like that
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    No there is no such policy. They would probably not implement something like that, due to not wanting to "interfere with players".
  • An overly complicated workaround. If it's a public guild you could join it. Then you can email ea about the inactive leader, and they can remove them and make you the leader. Then you can remove all the inactive people. Now you have the guild with the name you want
  • I would want something for inactive guilds. I started an alt and am still trying to find a new guild. I join ones that have 40+ members and no one is active. Then I have 24 hrs to wait to join a new guild.