Rework Master yoda!

Prev1
XaVii
69 posts Member
Please rework it, i cant believe he is so bad in this game, at least make he does similar damage like emperor or something .

Replies

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    And a bonus against Sith...
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Mace, and Grand Master Yoda should be the deadliest Jedi in the game.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Vendi1983 wrote: »

He was 0/2 against sith.... If anything they should have a bonus against him....
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member
    BubbaFett wrote: »

He was 0/2 against sith.... If anything they should have a bonus against him....

Not really. Against Dooku he was clearly winning, until Dooku decided to retreat. He had to make a choice between pursuing Dooku and saving two Jedi. Not much of a choice.

Against Sidious it was a bit more even, but at the end Sidious was hanging from a Senate podium. Yoda could have yanked it down, and Sidious would've been crushed. I have no idea why he didn't. Regardless, Yoda didn't so much lose as he broke even with Sidious.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Corrog wrote: »

Not really. Against Dooku he was clearly winning, until Dooku decided to retreat. He had to make a choice between pursuing Dooku and saving two Jedi. Not much of a choice.

Against Sidious it was a bit more even, but at the end Sidious was hanging from a Senate podium. Yoda could have yanked it down, and Sidious would've been crushed. I have no idea why he didn't. Regardless, Yoda didn't so much lose as he broke even with Sidious.

He failed against Sidious.. said so himself.....

He should have killed Dooku.... That would have saved more than two Jedi, because the battle of geonosis would never have happened... Plus, if annakin would have died, mace would have killed Palpatine.....
  • Ephran
    499 posts Member
    Dooku was trying to get the heck out of Dodge, his only goal in those fights was to get away. Yoda's only goal in that duel was to stop Dooku. They fought to a standstill (after Dooku had already easily beaten Anakin and Kenobi) and Dooku fled. That's a decisive victory for Dooku.
  • M_L
    469 posts Member
    hahahhaha, well Dooku got what he wanted, so I agree it's a victory for him. But decisive? errrrr, a retreat is at best a tactical victory. no war or battle has ever been won by retreat alone
  • Corrog
    308 posts Member

He should have killed Dooku.... That would have saved more than two Jedi, because the battle of geonosis would never have happened... Plus, if annakin would have died, mace would have killed Palpatine.....

You can argue that he failed against Sidious, especially since he said so himself, but I'll maintain he had Sidious beaten, but somehow didn't realize it. Sidious won the mental fight, Yoda won the physical fight, imho.

But Dooku it's pretty clear, he only escaped because Yoda let him. Yoda decided it would be better to save Obi and Anakin, for better or worse. That doesn't mean Dooku won, it means Yoda couldn't achieve every objective so he prioritised.
    Ephran wrote: »
    Dooku was trying to get the heck out of Dodge, his only goal in those fights was to get away. Yoda's only goal in that duel was to stop Dooku. They fought to a standstill (after Dooku had already easily beaten Anakin and Kenobi) and Dooku fled. That's a decisive victory for Dooku.

I didn't see it that way. To me, Dooku was trying to escape, while Yoda was trying to rescue Obi and Anakin. Both had side objectives (beat Yoda and kill the Jedi, beat Dooku and capture him), but those weren't the priority. They fought with the Force, and neither had an edge. They then duel, and Yoda had a clear edge. Dooku was never going to be able to match Yoda, so he retreated. Both accomplished their main objective, neither fully accomplished their side objective. But Yoda wasn't the one who gave up on the duel. Therefore Yoda at least accomplished half of his side objective, he beat Dooku. He just didn't capture him.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member

He fought Sid to a stalemate. So yeah that was a failure... although that means Sid also failed against Yoda. Which also meant their fighting prowess was close to equal.

Also I'm unclear on how not letting his friends get squished because he didn't see the future has anything to do with his fighting ability. Dooku was losing, and had to retreat.

Although you are 2/2 with troll posts. So that's something.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    Lol.... Sidious isn't the one who fell 200 feet and landed in a crumpled mess and ran away...... You can't say Yoda won because Dooku retreated then say Sidious lost after goes retreated.....
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Lol.... Sidious isn't the one who fell 200 feet and landed in a crumpled mess and ran away...... You can't say Yoda won because Dooku retreated then say Sidious lost after goes retreated.....

Sure you can by looking at the entire situation, and motivations involved. But if you concede that whoever retreated failed (even if one of them only retreated because his entire order was dead, and he was minutes from fighting Sid while surrounded by a thousand mine controlled clones) then that means you have to admit that Yoda was at least 1/2.
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    Don’t think Jedi will get a rework. Besides Luke/Rey. Jedi seem to be Losing their place in the Star Wars universe. Kenobi may get a new toon if there’s a movie. But Jedi are not on Disney’s radar.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Sure you can by looking at the entire situation, and motivations involved. But if you concede that whoever retreated failed (even if one of them only retreated because his entire order was dead, and he was minutes from fighting Sid while surrounded by a thousand mine controlled clones) then that means you have to admit that Yoda was at least 1/2.

Nah..... I could concede on Dooku..... Maybe give him that one since he clearly had the upper hand and Dooku retreated...... But sidious beat him, even Yoda himself conceded that he failed....
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    When the kenobi movie comes out get your jedi ready. They will rework the jedi.
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    Yes wrote: »
    When the kenobi movie comes out get your jedi ready. They will rework the jedi.
    Cant wait. 2019. August. Jedi rework. Lol
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Mace, and Grand Master Yoda should be the deadliest Jedi in the game.
    True. But the others also need a lot of rework.

• Yes
    145 posts Member
    Lol, consular/unduli
  • Corrog wrote: »

a jedi uses his strength for knowledge and defense, never attack. have i thought you nothing, hmm?
  • Now that BH have been reworked, the only faction now with a bonus that makes no sense is JKA and GM yoda and they've been going through those factions on the bonus list it seems. They also cryptically added to a comment in one of the recent Q&A's about more jedi. I think the jedi rework looks likely to be next.
  • Antares
    686 posts Member
    Jackova95 wrote: »
    Now that BH have been reworked, the only faction now with a bonus that makes no sense is JKA and GM yoda and they've been going through those factions on the bonus list it seems. They also cryptically added to a comment in one of the recent Q&A's about more jedi. I think the jedi rework looks likely to be next.

Crossing fingers. Have been waiting for this for more than a year

• BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member

He fought Sid to a stalemate. So yeah that was a failure... although that means Sid also failed against Yoda. Which also meant their fighting prowess was close to equal.

Also I'm unclear on how not letting his friends get squished because he didn't see the future has anything to do with his fighting ability. Dooku was losing, and had to retreat.

Although you are 2/2 with troll posts. So that's something.

I typically enjoy your posts on here Jace..... But, bottom line, I still fail to see why Yoda should get a bonus against sith, which is what started this debate..... Not everyone is a superfan of then little green guy, that doesn't make them trolls.....
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Antares wrote: »
    Jackova95 wrote: »
    Now that BH have been reworked, the only faction now with a bonus that makes no sense is JKA and GM yoda and they've been going through those factions on the bonus list it seems. They also cryptically added to a comment in one of the recent Q&A's about more jedi. I think the jedi rework looks likely to be next.

Crossing fingers. Have been waiting for this for more than a year

Now just imagine the outrage if the next reworked faction is the JAWAS! :D:D:D
  • ponce104
    156 posts Member
    GM Yoda, Mace Windu, and JKA need reworks. I feel like Ima Gun Di, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and Aayla are fine the way they are, they just need to boost their offense so they can do some real damage. I'd say the same about QGJ, but he might just be about right as a support.

JC/Lumi should stay the same because they're like the perfect starter toons. Eeth Koth, and JG should stay the same bc not every toon needs to be viable. Gotta have some trash.

Finally, I desperately want them to add Shaak Ti and Ki Adi Mundi as toons to use. New healer and new attacker.
  • BubbaFett
    3311 posts Member
    ponce104 wrote: »
    GM Yoda, Mace Windu, and JKA need reworks. I feel like Ima Gun Di, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, and Aayla are fine the way they are, they just need to boost their offense so they can do some real damage. I'd say the same about QGJ, but he might just be about right as a support.

JC/Lumi should stay the same because they're like the perfect starter toons. Eeth Koth, and JG should stay the same bc not every toon needs to be viable. Gotta have some trash.

Finally, I desperately want them to add Shaak Ti and Ki Adi Mundi as toons to use. New healer and new attacker.

Lol..... They could add ki-adi-mundi and he would only have one move which sent Kenobi to do stuff..... Ima-Gunna-Die is fine as is.....
  • TVF
    36578 posts Member
    [*Opens thread, reads a bunch of posts about the movies, closes thread*]
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    [*Opens thread, reads a bunch of posts about the movies, closes thread*]

* [*Takes time to make sarcastic post first, implying he/she doesn't care about it, then closes thread*]

Get it right...
  • STRIKEBOMB
    1232 posts Member
    He can get one after General Grievous :)
  • Bit late to the party on this one but had to have my pennies worth. Yoda is clearly superior to Dooku and Palpatine and had they stayed and fought instead of running away then Yoda would have beaten them. Simple as that. So why shouldn’t have some sort of bonus against Sith?
  • ObiJuan82 wrote: »
    Bit late to the party on this one but had to have my pennies worth. Yoda is clearly superior to Dooku and Palpatine and had they stayed and fought instead of running away then Yoda would have beaten them. Simple as that. So why shouldn’t have some sort of bonus against Sith?

Well his kit reveal for his rework is coming today so... wait and see what changes were made?
  • XaVii
    69 posts Member
    I love new rework, thanks. <3