Duration of quests

Bossak
119 posts Member
I love the new update with all the new content, but it seems like they will take forever to accomplish. Stage one of the bounty hunter quest demands that bobas contract be fulfilled 500 times and 50 wampa s need to be defeated by boba fett. That’s at least 500 battles and a lot of luck that boba kills a wampa 50 times ( may I add, wampas are not very accessible, only in DSTB and the new bounty hunter missions) meaning, if boba kills all 5 wampas every DSTB ( unlikely) then this part 1 of 7 will take 10 months by itself.

Thoughts?

Replies

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Didn't they say there would be prestigious quests?
  • Truf
    32 posts Member
    Do you forget the defeat 2500 opponents in arena achievement
  • Shockers
    172 posts Member
    Sucks you can’t use sims on any of the missions to count towards them. I have long since beaten all pve matches I apend about 1000 energy a day. Going to cut into me buying energy if I have to actually fight them. Seems unlike CG to not make money on something...
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Bossak wrote: »
    I love the new update with all the new content, but it seems like they will take forever to accomplish. Stage one of the bounty hunter quest demands that bobas contract be fulfilled 500 times and 50 wampa s need to be defeated by boba fett. That’s at least 500 battles and a lot of luck that boba kills a wampa 50 times ( may I add, wampas are not very accessible, only in DSTB and the new bounty hunter missions) meaning, if boba kills all 5 wampas every DSTB ( unlikely) then this part 1 of 7 will take 10 months by itself.

Thoughts?

Boba doesn't have to make the kill, just be in your team.

My thoughts are these are prestigious achievements. They're not supposed to be quick and easy. Hell, it may take years to earn one. It's just something to work towards.

I know a lot of people are intent about having to get 100% completion on achievements, and maybe this'll kitten them off, but honestly I love the always-working-towards-something feel of this.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • kello_511
    1648 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    You can only have 3 open at a time. If I want to open the 4th to see what it is, I have to “abandon” one of the others.
    What happens if I abandon it? Can I just re-open it at a later time?
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Yeah you can abandon and re-take later - though I suspect you'll lose any progress made.

I like the long-term nature of these prestige quests, it makes sense, and I look forward to earning some prestigious titles some day ;)
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Shockers wrote: »
    Sucks you can’t use sims on any of the missions to count towards them. I have long since beaten all pve matches I apend about 1000 energy a day. Going to cut into me buying energy if I have to actually fight them. Seems unlike CG to not make money on something...

this. it's baffling
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Yeah you can abandon and re-take later - though I suspect you'll lose any progress made.

Yeah, I don't understand why they did that.... Seems designed to annoy people.

Post edited by Degs29 on
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Degs29 wrote: »

Yeah, I don't understand why they did that.... Seems designed to kitten people off.

Choose wisely.
    Post edited by Fauztin on
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Truf wrote: »

You mean the defeat 10k opponents in arena right?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • Truf
    32 posts Member
    CaptainRex wrote: »
    Truf wrote: »

You mean the defeat 10k opponents in arena right?

• I looked at the rewards and they are not worth it
  • BrtStlnd
    1094 posts Member
    Yeah the consensus in our guild is that the quests are incredibly lame wastes of time. I thought there would be difficult tasks, but really they’re just “do this boring, repetitive thing a bunch of times for a very small reward.”
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »
    Yeah the consensus in our guild is that the quests are incredibly lame wastes of time. I thought there would be difficult tasks, but really they’re just “do this boring, repetitive thing a bunch of times for a very small reward.”

Well, most of it is just stuff that basically completes itself over time while we play. The biggest problem I have is that it forces me to auto battles instead of simming, that's lame.
  • The reward is the title, not the crystals etc
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    BrtStlnd wrote: »

It's almost like they should design an entire game around that concept....oh...wait.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    It's nice to have a feature in the game that isn't ZOMG NEW REWARDS and I don't actually have to start working on it right away.
  • I don’t have an issue with these things taking a long time but if you’re going to do that EA at least make the reward up to the level of the challenge. So if I grind out for months with Boba and get 500 contracts, kill the super rare Wampa 50 times what do I get? 50 thousand credits and 10 gems?!? That’s a joke....try 5 million credits and 500 gems. Total waste of time.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Gauch33 wrote: »
    I don’t have an issue with these things taking a long time but if you’re going to do that EA at least make the reward up to the level of the challenge. So if I grind out for months with Boba and get 500 contracts, kill the super rare Wampa 50 times what do I get? 50 thousand credits and 10 gems?!? That’s a joke....try 5 million credits and 500 gems. Total waste of time.

they are not there for the rewards, its a vanity item. in other games people pay $$ for these, here its a free grind, do it as you wish. or not.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Gauch33 wrote: »
    I don’t have an issue with these things taking a long time but if you’re going to do that EA at least make the reward up to the level of the challenge. So if I grind out for months with Boba and get 500 contracts, kill the super rare Wampa 50 times what do I get? 50 thousand credits and 10 gems?!? That’s a joke....try 5 million credits and 500 gems. Total waste of time.
    A couple things:
    1) It won't take months to get 500 Boba contracts done. Just stop simming for a couple days. With as many Marquee Events as we've had lately you aren't even restricted by energy requirements any more... I'm at 60 now, which is a skosh over 10%, but I've barely been bothering to do it (I'm more focused on the jedi line right now), I could have it done already with a tiny bit of focus.

2) The reward IS up to the leven of the challenge. This isn't hard at all. The challenge in this is letting the AI get a turn so that you don't kill all the mobs in the node you're farming before Boba's payout can be activated.

3) You don't do these quests for the rewards. If the rewards were good, EVERYONE would have to do them and they'd be an obnoxious grind. It's the same reason General Greivous was never overpowered: If he was overpowered, the game would fail because people would HAVE to grind thousands of characters into shard shop currency for months in order to unlock him. That's BAD gameplay. Making something that's entirely optional, on the other hand, that requires no challenge--only patience and lateral thinking--is GOOD gameplay.
    It's nice to have a feature in the game that isn't ZOMG NEW REWARDS and I don't actually have to start working on it right away.
    See? This guy gets it!
    Bossak wrote: »
    Stage one of the bounty hunter quest demands that bobas contract be fulfilled 500 times and 50 wampa s need to be defeated by boba fett.
    There's a lot of responses, so this has probably already been addressed--but in case it hasn't: Boba doesn't have to actually get the Wampa kill, he just has to be on your team and active when a Wampa is killed. He doesn't even have to be the leader, so you can use another Bounty Hunter's payout if that makes it easier.

I'm not certain, but I think you might even be able to use someone else's Boba as an Ally, since the wording doesn't specify otherwise. That said, it's kind of a moot point since there are no Wampas on the Dark Side Battles or Cantina Battles boards. But if you encounter Wampas elsewhere (Galactic War, Arena, Territory Wars) those will count.

Lastly, aren't there two territories with Wampas in Dark Side Territory Battles? I know the Bounty Hunter Special Mission does, but I feel like there's one more.... I could be wrong, of course, it's been a while since we've done a DSTB.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The reward is the title, not the crystals etc

well THAT'S certainly worth spending ten months to achieve isnt it? XD
    Yeah, actually.

Think about it. You don't have an avatar in this game, you don't move around some map, my Luke Skywalker appears identical to your Luke Skywalker, and assuming we have equal gear and ability levels the only difference between our Lukes statistically is their mods (And, even then, because speed is so important it's less a difference of personal choice than it is of making do with what's available). The thing that differentiates me from you is our player names. Titles are the only way to individuate yourself and say "This is me! I did this thing!" compared with everyone else.

Winning a title isn't about the material game effect rewards you collect along the way, it's about getting a thing you can put on your account so that people who look at you will see "Hey, why's her profile say Jedi Knight? How do I get that?"

Now maybe that's not worth it to you. Maybe you're looking at the requirements and saying, "To hell with that, jedi are bad and I don't want to farm them." And you know what? That's not only fine, that's GREAT! It's a win-win situation! You win because you don't have to farm characters you don't want just to keep up or grind out some reward, and I win because it means there aren't ten thousand Jedi Knights running around diluting the title.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Meanwhile I’ve been searching from rank 100 to 1000 (yes purposely looking at lower ranks) for a wampa for the past month. And due to a dev big missed the dark side territory battle. I’m still at 0 Wampa. Guess what they don’t show in galactic war either. pjp901306gra.png
  • Meanwhile I’ve been searching from rank 100 to 1000 (yes purposely looking at lower ranks) for a wampa for the past month.

You should try looking in ranks 1-30. You'll find many more Wampa there than you will in 100-1000.
  • Vertigo
    4497 posts Member
    Meanwhile I’ve been searching from rank 100 to 1000 (yes purposely looking at lower ranks) for a wampa for the past month. And due to a dev big missed the dark side territory battle. I’m still at 0 Wampa. Guess what they don’t show in galactic war either. pjp901306gra.png

Wampas are great in arena, stop looking at ranks lower than 100 ;)

A couple other guys in my arena shard run wampa, but I've yet to plug boba into my arena team to kill them, that's just a pain and would be less efficient than my actual arena team. I am however, at 1/50 because I used a BH team in the most recent TW to take out a team with a Wampa in it.

I highly doubt you'll see a Wampa in GW. Definitely gonna need to be a TW/TB grind to kill Wampas...

I wonder if it counts if twice if the Wampa gets revived and you kill him again....