Raid No Damage Period?

Prev1
CaptainRex
2840 posts Member
edited May 2018
I launched a HAAT raid, set the join period to 16 hours, hit confirm, but it still let me enter the raid and log damage. According to this, that shouldn't have happened right?
Tagging Raid/No Damage Period: Officers can specify a period of time (1 to 24 hours) that players can tag the Raid but are not allowed to do damage. Tagging is done by tapping a “Join” button which will auto post 0 damage and qualify the player for rewards.
#CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).

Replies

• Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Worked for me. Did you make sure to confirm your changes, or did you hit the red X to close the window after you made your changes?
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    Worked for me. Did you make sure to confirm your changes, or did you hit the red X to close the window after you made your changes?

I hit confirm. What happened when you tried to battle?
    #CloneHelmets4Life...VICTORY!!!! :smiley: "I don't like sand. It's coarse and rough and irritating and it gets everywhere." The more you tighten your grip, CG/EA, the more whales will slip through your fingers (and go F2P or quit).
  • My guild set it to 24 hours. The battle button is grayed out with a countdown timer showing how long until we can damage. So I can't even enter the battle.
    "Don't take yourself so serious; it's a game, have fun!" • https://swgoh.gg/u/yerffcaasi/
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Same. Can't battle, it's greyed out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    Did you launch HAAT or NAAT? That delay is only for heroic raids.
  • Didn’t work for us, battle button is live and ready to go, and that’s with a confirmed 24 join period at launch for heroic rancor
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Worked for me with the Rancor, saving HAAT for the weekend.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    You must set the join period BEFORE launching the raid. If you launched first then set the join period it will take effect NEXT raid
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    So you cant even register a zero? Whats the point of this then?
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • If you join, does it log 0 damage?
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member
    Achilles wrote: »

Pressing the join button, which you can do during the damage lock, posts a zero for you.
  • Daishi wrote: »
    You must set the join period BEFORE launching the raid. If you launched first then set the join period it will take effect NEXT raid

Did that . .
  • Worked for us on HRR/TST T2 last night.
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member

Pressing the join button, which you can do during the damage lock, posts a zero for you.
    Thx ^^
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Achilles wrote: »

Then one would get the rewards, and not actually have to enter the battle?
  • UdalCuain
    5009 posts Member

That's the idea. Pressing the join button = posting a zero = getting raid rewards. It's handy for us because Rancor takes 10 minutes, and hAAT barely takes a couple of hours, and no one can make every raid.

Looking forward to people no longer being able to say "oops, I hit the wrong button and accidentally did X amount of damage". Good for peace keeping.
  • Achilles wrote: »

That's the idea. Pressing the join button = posting a zero = getting raid rewards. It's handy for us because Rancor takes 10 minutes, and hAAT barely takes a couple of hours, and no one can make every raid.

Looking forward to people no longer being able to say "oops, I hit the wrong button and accidentally did X amount of damage". Good for peace keeping.

I kinda hope so. I will find out soon enough. My guild is scheduled for Hpit within 24 hours or less.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    The only thing to watch out for is that if you're starting a raid manually (maybe you want to do a 3:00pm start instead of a 6:00pm start to help out folks on the other side of the world, for example) the 24 hour damage period will start as soon as you hit the start button. This means if it's 4:41 when you start, damage will start at the really weirdly-timed 4:41 tomorrow.

If you really want to do a different start time, then be sure to change the automatic start time to your new start time and wait for it to launch on its own. Much simpler and cleaner.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • CaptainRex
    2840 posts Member
    Daishi wrote: »

Yup. Found that out. Thanks!
  • Z2gop
    199 posts Member
    Have you guys had any issues with the timer , we had our heroic tank set to go for a join period to for a 24 hour period . It was set to open at 8pm est. tonight instead it opened at 1125pm est. Granted we opened the raid 1125pm est shouldn’t it still open at 8pm est ? Like it has In the past.
  • It will run the join period for whatever time you have set, in this case 24 hours from the time the raid opened, since you manually opened it, Either leave it on auto open at a certain time with a join period, or adjust the join period so that it opens when you want it to before you launch it
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Question: If I do NOT have enough raid tickets but will by the desired time can I still start a raid? Using settings etc?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Yes. It launches at the time you set if you have enough tickets when that time is reached. The settings can be put into place at any time you want, all that matters is if you have enough tickets at launch time.
  • Question: If I do NOT have enough raid tickets but will by the desired time can I still start a raid? Using settings etc?

Yup, can set it for immediately as soon as you have enough tix or any time after that you'll have enough tix and it'll fire right up.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    ^That also. We have STR set for immediate launch when enough tickets are available, so it launches at guild refresh whenever that generates the required tickets.
  • Weird, so it will or won't deduct the needed tickets until launch time? I notice when I setup a raid on Thursday evening 24 hrs from the intended launch time on Friday it deducts the proper amount of tickets. But hey if it works great. Wonder what happens when you do not have enough and launch time hits?
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Weird, so it will or won't deduct the needed tickets until launch time? I notice when I setup a raid on Thursday evening 24 hrs from the intended launch time on Friday it deducts the proper amount of tickets.

Are you saying you launch on Thursday evening with a 24 hour lockout? That's different than when it's Thursday and you set it to launch 24 hours from then.
    But hey if it works great. Wonder what happens when you do not have enough and launch time hits?

Nothing, I imagine.
  • Example: Thursday night at 8pm EDT I choose 8pm EDT for auto start. I then choose 24hrs for join period. Click Launch and walk away. (when I have the required amount of tickets, hence my reason for asking)
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Why would you click launch? That should launch the raid immediately, AFAIK. The whole point of auto start is you don't have to click launch. Choose 8pm EDT for auto start any time after 8pm EDT on Thursday, it will launch on 8pm EDT Friday automatically. And on Friday 8pm EDT at launch, there will then be a 24 hour join period, so the raid will open for damage at 8pm EDT on Saturday.
  • TVF wrote: »
    Why would you click launch? That should launch the raid immediately, AFAIK. The whole point of auto start is you don't have to click launch. Choose 8pm EDT for auto start any time after 8pm EDT on Thursday, it will launch on 8pm EDT Friday automatically. And on Friday 8pm EDT at launch, there will then be a 24 hour join period, so the raid will open for damage at 8pm EDT on Saturday.

Habit, old age, because it works.. no idea.. pick one lol