What's the droprate on reinforcement mats?

Prev134
Acrofales
1363 posts Member
edited May 2018
So far, 1 guildy got 2 from 6 Sims, and another got 0 from 3.

Continue posting data, but so far it seems like the droprate is ~10%

From the data collected up to my first reply, we have 31 mats from 286 sims, or ~0.11 mats/sim

This is pretty awful, imho. At 12 energy per sim, that means it's ~100 crystals/mat (at the cheap refresh rate) on average. Even the 16 energy/node character shards are cheaper than that.
Post edited by Acrofales on

Replies

• OnJouney
    309 posts Member
    I got 0 from 9..
  • Wycross
    53 posts Member
    0 for 12
  • 0 for 12 also
  • Got 2 mats out of 14 tries. Horrible droprate...
  • 9 for 30
    934-111-319
  • vksg
    132 posts Member
    0 for 8
  • 1 from 22
  • 3 from 24
  • 2 from 15 Sims
  • wikking
    14 posts Member
    Drop rate is 66.6 %

3 battles -> 2 pieces ☝️
  • J0HND03
    143 posts Member
    1/30, seems like the same chance as omega drops on the last nodes :D
  • 1 from 4 sims
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    Amazing ... thanks god, you need 100 only to max the ability for 1 ship .... 30 sims a day for 1 mat makes 4 months only to get 1 ship done ...
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    So far 0/3, but that is not a relevant sample size. Still on the fence whether it's worth delaying cantina characters.
    Oh, and I didn't sim, I ran it on auto to get Jedi battles for the title. But that shouldn't make a difference.
  • KKatarn
    629 posts Member
    Not going to bother with them. Have to finish Vet Chewie, it is more important. I can wait until they release the new shop.
  • Got 1 out of 3 cantina resets..... not good
  • Mawat
    37 posts Member
    0 on 10 sims. Horribly frustrating drop rate. I began to think that there were a bug.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    I got 1/3, then decided it wasn't worth it and went back to regular cantina farming. Guess that was a good call.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Wil
    140 posts Member
    2 for 21
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    2 for 14
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    i'm 0/3. 2 mates got 1/8 and and 2/42 respectively.

was i imaging CG denying that different nodes have different drop rates? genuine question. either way even though we don't have a huge sample size i think we can pretty much debunk that denial, if it was one. Seems clear to me that the drop rate on this node is way lower than anything else I've seen previously from friends' experience and feedback on this thread.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    "abysmal" isn't actually a number, so....

Honestly, after reading how bad the drop rate is (here and in various other places), I'm not even going to bother. I went 0/3 and am done.

Lamesauce.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    "abysmal" isn't actually a number, so....

Honestly, after reading how bad the drop rate is (here and in various other places), I'm not even going to bother. I went 0/3 and am done.

Lamesauce.

I'm certainly not gonna blow my saved cantina energy on them. double of FA is still FA.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Rapid wrote: »

was i imaging CG denying that different nodes have different drop rates? genuine question. either way even though we don't have a huge sample size i think we can pretty much debunk that denial, if it was one. Seems clear to me that the drop rate on this node is way lower than anything else I've seen previously from friends' experience and feedback on this thread.

I am a bit confused by your post, there is only one node with ship mats. Of course, the drop rater differ for different types of rewards, but should be same for each reward between nodes.
  • Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Nauros wrote: »

I am a bit confused by your post, there is only one node with ship mats. Of course, the drop rater differ for different types of rewards, but should be same for each reward between nodes.

I think he’s referring the reinforcement mat drop rate to other nodes in cantina for character shards. For example certain nodes have very good 35%-40% drop rates while there are others like this and the vets that are positively awful. This seems to be short term though in my mind. I think that the ships table coming in next month will alleviate that problem with multiple sources.
    I’m actually more curious to see how the omegas, ship omegas and zeta’s drop in the new tier of the ship challenge after guild activity reset tonight.
    Also curious about the difficulty for my maxed ships lol
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member

I meant in general. I guess I'm assuming that 1 reinforcement mat = 1 shard. but let's say for example the average node has a 25-30% drop rate on shards (which probably isn't far off) it seems clear that this node is significantly less for reinforcement mats.

It's probably a fair argument to say they're reinforcement mats and shards are not considered equal value but I feel the playing community (or me in this case) could be forgiven for assuming so. it's generally always been a case of the headline reward of a node being considered the drop rate.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Ravens1113 wrote: »

I think he’s referring the reinforcement mat drop rate to other nodes in cantina for character shards. For example certain nodes have very good 35%-40% drop rates while there are others like this and the vets that are positively awful. This seems to be short term though in my mind. I think that the ships table coming in next month will alleviate that problem with multiple sources.
    I’m actually more curious to see how the omegas, ship omegas and zeta’s drop in the new tier of the ship challenge after guild activity reset tonight.
    Also curious about the difficulty for my maxed ships lol

Still confused. There is no connection between the drop rates of the mats and characters, they can be (and apparently really are) completely different.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    It's been fairly well "proven" that drop rates are independent for individual item types. Shards are about 35%, purple gear is about 20%, etc.

So it is extremely likely that the drop rates for reinforcement mats is very low (and independent of any other drop rate for that node )

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • 0 for 3 sims here...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Rapid
    421 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    It's been fairly well "proven" that drop rates are independent for individual item types. Shards are about 35%, purple gear is about 20%, etc.

So it is extremely likely that the drop rates for reinforcement mats is very low (and independent of any other drop rate for that node )

Fair point. I assumed they would be considered = to a shard but obviously not.a new super low drop rate item.

begs the question whether it's worth it or not. considering 16 energy gets you a guaranteed mod drop, despite it seeming increasingly difficult to get good ones i wonder how many that are invested in both squad arena and ships will decide to carry on with mod/toon farming over these.