What's the droprate on reinforcement mats?

124Next

Replies

• Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    0-19. Maybe I'll finally start on Gar Saxon instead!
  • CMouse
    5 posts Member
    1 for 40 here that is just ridiculous
  • CantWithAU
    158 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Rapid wrote: »
    I meant in general. I guess I'm assuming that 1 reinforcement mat = 1 shard.
    Are Omega drops and shard drops from the same node the same?
    Rapid wrote: »
    It's probably a fair argument to say they're reinforcement mats and shards are not considered equal value.
    This contradicts your prior statement & actually makes it so that you answered your own query.

Compare Reinforcement Mat drops with Omega drops from level 8 & you'll probably have a more appropriate drop-rate comparison.
  • 1 for 20 here, spent the rest of my energy on mods as 5% is hardly a worthwhile drop rate.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited May 2018
    My rates for today (numbers in parentheses are adjusted for double drops):

4 (2)/20
    8 (4)/20
    4 (2)/20
    2 (1)/9
    6 (3 )/20
    0/10
    0/4

So adjusting for double drops, that's 12/103, or 11.7%. The 95% confidence interval is 5.5% - 17.9%, meaning there's a 95% chance this interval falls around the true drop rate.
  • Edward
    651 posts Member
    2/20 and 8 forgot how many sims
  • Rhod101
    50 posts Member
    I saved up over 100 energy, bought 3 refreshes and spent all on the node and got 2 mats. Then today, I've used all cantons energy and bought another 3 refreshes and got 4 on the double drop. The drop rate on these are appalling.
  • Spang
    286 posts Member
    Fanatic wrote: »
    Stud3099 wrote: »
    Here's my quick and dirty math

e5eoxtbt46a9.png

In summary, the shards obtained from hoarding is expected to be higher than not hoarding and just doing your usual farming. This does not hold if you aren't using crystals to refresh.

Let me see if I understand your chart:
    Hoarding -
    144 stored up + 45 + 45 for two days of bonus energy = 234 saved up.
    Midnight of the 25th you spend that, spend 360 from refreshes. Total 594. (Effectively 1188 because of doubling).

And a slight adaptation to your non-hoarding. You should actual hoard most of the energy on day 2. Just not on day 1.
    Day 1 360 (refreshes) + 165 normal growth plus bonus energy. Total 525.
    Day 2 spend 21 energy, store remaining 144 from normal growth and bonus. Midnight rolls over spend 144 + 360 in refreshes, which double is effective 1008 + the 21 we spent at the start of the day = 1029.
    Combined total of day 1 and day 2 = 1554 - almost 50% more than hoarding for those two days.

In both scenarios event days 1, 2, 3 are all the same:
    Spend 360 refreshes + 165 normal growth + bonus energy. These are equal to each other in both scenarios.

For future reference this might be useful:

https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/7enyul/some_quick_cantina_double_drop_math_to_maximize/

I had about 1100 energy when my activities were reset on May 25th. Then I could refresh 4 times on day 1 of double drops. It's way more than enough to compensate one day of missing normal growth.
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    The reinforcement abilities are so bad it doesn't really matter. Don't waste your energy with this. I spent a lot and just upgraded my fourth reinforcement and none of them make a bit of difference.
  • TVF
    36518 posts Member
    Bane1492 wrote: »
    The reinforcement abilities are so bad it doesn't really matter. Don't waste your energy with this. I spent a lot and just upgraded my fourth reinforcement and none of them make a bit of difference.

I hope my shard takes this advice.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Bane1492
    121 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »
    Bane1492 wrote: »

I hope my shard takes this advice.

Why? I still get beaten back to the low 30s every day like before after upgrading. Nothing changed as far as that goes so if your shard upgrades who cares.
  • Acrofales
    1363 posts Member
    Having had more time to collect data, a 10% droprate seems accurate. So I'll leave that there. That means 1 mat per refresh on average... or about 4 per day if spending 3 refreshes only on this. You can max out 1 ship per month with this. Really very slow going.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    3 for 40. 10% is about right. Absolutely terrible tbh.
  • Ok so I was wondering for those of us that are farming the Cantina Battles for the reinforcement materials. How much energy are you spending a day? How many reinforcement materials are you getting?
  • It's a trap!!
    After a first run with 0/10 I went back to farm Deathtrooper....