Buff Mace windu capital.

DarthBugdrops
133 posts Member
edited May 2018
Srsly, i took him for capital at first cause i didnt know what was better and i had alrdy lvled and geared him, i took the most advanced char i got. And at this point im not sure how i would even be able to compete to lvl another capital as it cost alot. Compare to tarkin, he got less speed without valor wich he is bound to use, locking out the few usefull skills u do have that hit like a wet noodle and get resisted every time about. Just this fact that he have less speed initially will make u loose out turns in the beginning where he will kill of one ship ontop of having useful basic abilities. And now with less ships u get even less tm and speed from valor. So tarkin will have an even easier time to use his 1 button win with tie swarm. That atleast should be able to counter with dmg immunity, it wouldnt even be op at all, cause it would be balanced and a matter of timing, if it was bound to capitals turn and not the individual ships turns. This time around i dont even get my dmg immunity before he kill every single ship i got with 1 button, not to mention the fact that even if u get to use it some ships are bound to take a turn or two before tarkin uses his 1 hit win button. Big talk about ships 2.0 you just unintentinally? buff even further a already overtuned capitalship, tarkin. It was by far the best capital before, but now its just a free win for the enemy. Even if dmg was cut in half and dmg immunity stay as it is tarkin still would probably be better. this **** is just infuriating to play vs. Atleast try to have some level of balance not, atleast before i had a chance vs tarkin.

Replies

• Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    IMO, they will rework Jedi and his ship will get reworked as well.
  • His ship has been reworked as part of the ship update. As have all of the capital ships.
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    As it is now its been nerfed except for protection up for 2 turns wich is better probably. as it migth just work against tie swarm from tarkin. but they have reduced TM gain from valor by 5% ontop of there beeing less ships its been nerfed quite a bit. even if im even on powerlevel and never give free tm to enemy through ftp ship. as it is now i wont get protection up anywhere near before he does his thing where he kills every single ship active. that is with equal capital ships. maybe at the point where my protection up is lowered enough by skillpoints, but ive got it at the level before IX gear upgrade on it. and before i would easily have it ready 2-3 turns before he would tie swarm, even thoug battle would end before that normally and the fact it doesnt really work well against it either way as ships take turns before tarkin and didnt have it up anyway. I dont see the logic in letting a already, very much agreed upon already best capital ship get even more advantages over mace capital that just **** me of a bit. because if i cant win game before tarkin kills all my ships i will automatically loose because its just too overtuned as it is to kill of every ship u have in one ability. either they just do their tuning at max rank of everything.. only then i could see it actually having any effect vs tarkin, as i migth just have it on cooldown to reduce the effect of this 1 button win. tarkin migth not have been buffed, but mace was indirectly nerfed by lower amount of ships to procc valor and also directly nerf on valor tm gain. but tarkin oneshotting all ships that is just fine ofc.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    His ship has been reworked as part of the ship update. As have all of the capital ships.

The rework was to change damage immunity to protection up and to change his passive buff from giving ships that had taken health damage offense to giving ships with protection offense.

What wasn't reworked? The 16 turn cooldown on his ultimate, his speed, his pseudo-AoE, his damage, his stat distribution (So much Tactics for a ship that doesn't use Tactics for literally anything), etc.

Valor wasn't changed, but what was changed was the number of ships on the field at the start of the battle, which results in less Valor being present, which results in a slower ultimate and slower ship. The reason his ship was so slow before was that he would gain anywhere from 45-60% turn meter a cycle from Valor (usually 45%, because at two Valors would get dispelled) and his AoE would hit 3-4 ships. Now he gets 15%, because two dispels versus three Valors is a significantly worse than two dispels versus five, and you can't possibly keep up enough target locks to hit three times and reset the AoE cooldown.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    my post for some reason got editet alot by me and is still beeing review for some reason. but yes, i made some of these thougts also. that number of ships already reduce potency of valor incredibly much, ontop of having slower base speed then tarkin also ontop of the nerf on valor tm gain, and it also have tfp ship to add even more tm to capital over non empire. and the fact that he will literally one shot mostly all ships unless u are able to buff them up alot with protection. wich also is not easy. i dont know on what planet can u justify a capital one shotting all ships and win the game by it and further nerf mace capitalship that was considered to be the lowest tier capital. atleast before i had chance vs tarkins, and now it have an even easier time of reaching on shot button then before. u migth aswell give nihilus a shorter time on instantkill and add it so it works on aoe aswell. cause it really is no different. and tarkin abilities are infinately more useful as it is. and u are basically forced to skip all usefull skills to apply valor, to not even reach protection up by the time he kills all the ships. i thougt ships 2.0 was about balancing, not further nerf to the weakest capital and indirectly buffing tarkin capital to even more stupid degree of blatant op, and i think ppl already agreed that is was the best one, some high end players even take it over chimaera. hell if it even did half dmg that ultimate from tarkin capital would still be insanely powerful. ive been neck and neck with a guy in ship for first and second for weeks. now, he just win by default. i think that it should line up more or less with eachother because even with protection up i suspect it still will remove all shields and damage them quite alot either way. then it atleast is some tactical aspect to timing it for that for example. im really upset over this, the game is prety paytowin already, wich also is unfair. things migth even out when i get alot higher rank on protection up skill, but it shouldnt be that if u want to or took mace capital ship that u should automatically loose over it at earlier levels. atleast increase cd on early lvl tie swarm on tarkin to not let him just auto-win over you. if i could i would change but i need like a week atleast to even make tarkin anywhere near competative at my ranking. at great cost to the rest of my fleet, everyone else including me is just strugling to even get our ships to our own level as it is.
  • PiffGuru
    773 posts Member
    soo much wall of texts. Cant compute
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    hm im not sure whats up but ive not lost a game in ages i lost like 4 out of 5 games... still got placed first for that one win. also against a ackbar team. only way to get prot up before tarkin ult is to valor on cd and reinforce on cd, rest of my abilities i cant really use. seems for most part i got considerably more power also, there was just one guy i ever had any problems with if i had alot of resists or dodges ++ rest i probably could auto lol. seems a bit odd really, not sure i had horrible rng either. weird enough as ppl tell me that chimaera and tarkin is sort of tied then ackbar -> mace, atleast before. and seems like tarkin ultimate is nerfed but if u have not enough ships on the field u will get killed of. did they nerf any ships also or?
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    PiffGuru wrote: »
    soo much wall of texts. Cant compute

You build a wall of text to keep the readers out.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • yet takes the time to come here and post fk logics
  • TVF
    36584 posts Member
    FK Logics made good boomboxes for a while but then they kinda just faded away.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    I'm with you, but please, use paragraphs, spacing, something to break up the words and lines. Press the enter key a few times... anything...

Endurance does need a buff
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    gooby pls sry i just never learned the rules of writing. i can read it myself i had no problem to do so.
    it never crossed my mind, i guess.

i do realize i was maybe a little quick to make assumption of the state of ships now. but im really having a very hard time.

this gooby ok?

i will ship new reading glasses in mail, post adress plox.
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I still think that mace could potentially need a buff and sligth tweak to how his kit works.

"Ultimates" Tarkin vs mace they cancel eachother out. Home one deals more damage from start to finish, so prot up is not as useful, but still very useful vs him. Home one deals more dmg consistent because of not having a nuke or big prot up.

"Speed" Tarkin vs mace, Tarkin will always reinforce over you, always goes first also. Home one im unsure of only one guy in my ranking that hardly leveled his capital. Yet his capital seems just as viable as double power tarkins.

"Basic" Tarkin vs mace, all abilities from tarkin is much more useful, so is home one, but it seems that is to compensate for his "Ultimate" ability. Biggest issue with mace capital here is he is tied down to two abilities, reinforce and valor. Wich basically means mace does not have any basic abilities, u could removed first basic ability it wouldnt even make a difference. Vs. home one u do got a little bit more room to use other abilities as you are not out to prevent a huge nuke ability, while i would valor and reinforce.

"Passives" Also here mace capital is the clear looser in my eyes, passive is lost upon loosing protection where tarkin will keep his dmg either way, ontop of it having more % dmg. Home one im not sure on but, i would say that too seems stronger by the way his kit works in interaction with this passive.

Chimaera i have not seen yet thank god, i suspect when i do its game over by default for me. Do feel it is sort of **** game mechanic to have "legendary" ships that is not a little bit more powered but to the extremes where its basically a free win for you. Ligth side have no specific legendary capital and alot of ships have only half interaction with their capitals.

In short, mace capital need to have larger impact on enemy team that it does rigth now. Or change how valor works.
    Post edited by DarthBugdrops on
  • I'm kinda new to the game but shouldn't Tarkins higher power also buff the ship more?

Mace and Ackbar have four abilities and attacks while one of them can only be upgraded to 7.
    Tarkin have five abilities that can be upgraded to 8. And two of them with zeta.
    That should make Tarkin and his ship way more powerful, right?