PSA: Fleet challenges

Boba_The_Fetter
3393 posts Member
edited May 2018
There's a new tier on the ship challenges FYI anyone who didn't notice. I sure didn't

Edit: only the ability mat challenge has a new tier not the training droid or credit challenges
Post edited by Boba_The_Fetter on

Replies

• Ravens1113
    5215 posts Member
    Noticed that by chance. I think they announced it with the post about ship omegas.
  • Wow, that sucks! Definitely simmed for the lower tier!!
  • I did not noticed it. I clicked on "Multi-Sim" as usual and got simmed the highest tier with 3 stars. There was no notification that a higher tier is available.
    That is sad programmed by CG.
  • Pretty poor stuff from CG.

I've read and re-read the patch notes confirming Ships 2.0 and there's no mention of a new tier on the ship challenges. Extremely annoying as I'd already multi-simmed the challenge before noticing it, along with many other players I imagine.
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Pretty poor stuff from CG.

I've read and re-read the patch notes confirming Ships 2.0 and there's no mention of a new tier on the ship challenges. Extremely annoying as I'd already multi-simmed the challenge before noticing it, along with many other players I imagine.

well now you know for Sunday
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Rebmes
    376 posts Member
    Indeed, we should no longer be able to "multi-sim highest tier" in this case -.-

Gotta read them patch notes. TBH though I probably can't beat the new tier ;)
  • Riffinator
    2585 posts Member
    Rebmes wrote: »
    Indeed, we should no longer be able to "multi-sim highest tier" in this case -.-

yeah not with all the nerfs to DS ships
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Yes
    145 posts Member
    They did announce the new ability challenge, in the ship update.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Thanks for the heads up.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Pretty poor stuff from CG.

Except for where they mention " The Ship Ability Materials Challenge has been expanded to include a new tier where players can earn new rewards."
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Riffinator wrote: »
    Rebmes wrote: »

yeah not with all the nerfs to DS ships

Don't worry, it's super easy...

1) You can use any ship for this tier.
    2) Only three starting defenders (Plo Koon, Jedi Consular, 5s)
    3) Endurance seems to only use its basic.

If you beat t3, you'll do this with your eyes closed.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Daishi
    718 posts Member
    Yeah, easily did 3☆, and now back to sim
  • great if you have a 6* executrix. if your fleet is light side dominant as mine is, you've just been sucker punched.
  • The multi sim should be greyed out with the introduction of the new tier. It's not, and now literally thousands of players have missed their first stab at the new tier.
  • crzydroid
    7254 posts Moderator
    Huh. I guess I never noticed that multisim was available on days with only one challenge. I've always used the individual sim down below on those days, so I noticed the new tier.
  • TVF
    36526 posts Member
    Yep they just batch added it for every day when it was added. I was using it to save one (two?) click. ;)
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Desnax
    1 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    I'm guessing this update isnt new player friendly. I just leveled to 60 right after the update, im introduced to the ship... those challenges and ability farm are impossible. They 1 shot my ships and have massive amount of hp. Guess it's meant for those with 7 stars crew with g8+ gear. Even tho it has a 1 star requirement and level 60.

Made me sad, now i cant complete my dailies anymore since it requires to finish 1 ship challenge. It'll take me months to gear and star up all those ships. Could barely sustain my main phoenix squad crew as it was.
  • NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    great if you have a 6* executrix. if your fleet is light side dominant as mine is, you've just been sucker punched.

Eh? You can use light side ships in t4 challenges.

Unless you’re saying you can’t get past t5 Executrix? In which case... I mean, why? It’s easy. And it’s been around forever. You can easily focus on light side ships and still get it done easily enough.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • i don't have enough qualified dark side ships to attempt 6* executrix challenge, no matter how easy it may be. my fleet was republic so i never had any reason to go beyond 5* for executrix. hence my screwed-ness at the moment.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    It would definitely be more friendly to the player if multisim warned you if the highest tier to be simmed wasn't the highest tier available to be played.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • It says highest tier available, and you can’t sim a tier unless it’s three star. Nowhere does it say highest tier unlocked
  • PremierVenoth
    2285 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    There's a new tier on the ship challenges FYI anyone who didn't notice. I sure didn't

I absolutely did not notice. While I kind wish some kind of notice was shared with us (cough cough ... @CG_SBCrumb - this kind of thing.) @Boba_The_Fetter , you are officially my Memorial Day hero. *bows*

edit: actually the men and woman who fight for our country are the real heroes, but still, thanks!
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • There's a new tier on the ship challenges FYI anyone who didn't notice. I sure didn't

I absolutely did not notice. While I kind wish some kind of notice was shared with us (cough cough ... @CG_SBCrumb - this kind of thing.) @Boba_The_Fetter , you are officially my Memorial Day hero. *bows*

edit: actually the men and woman who fight for our country are the real heroes, but still, thanks!

*Your country,
    Haha no problem.
    It's actually just the ability mats challenge not the credit or training droids challenges
  • RebelLion
    243 posts Member
    Desnax wrote: »
    I'm guessing this update isnt new player friendly. I just leveled to 60 right after the update, im introduced to the ship... those challenges and ability farm are impossible. They 1 shot my ships and have massive amount of hp. Guess it's meant for those with 7 stars crew with g8+ gear. Even tho it has a 1 star requirement and level 60.

Made me sad, now i cant complete my dailies anymore since it requires to finish 1 ship challenge. It'll take me months to gear and star up all those ships. Could barely sustain my main phoenix squad crew as it was.

I've mentioned this before. It's a major oversight by CG. I was regularly getting 2 stars on the Tier 2 ability materials challenge, now I am getting absolutely obliterated...I can't even destroy one ship. New players are getting royally screwed by them jacking up the difficulty on basic daily challenges.
  • It says highest tier available, and you can’t sim a tier unless it’s three star. Nowhere does it say highest tier unlocked

I don't think that's the case - multisim didn't open up for me on the dailies until I had 3* the last tier, which didn't open until 84. Prior to that, say at 82, I couldn't multisim at all.

So this does seem to be an oversight.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Kissycat
    410 posts Member
    Actually I believe this is a bug. From the 02/28/2018 QOL update:

Multi-Sim Ship Challenges:
    A Multi-Sim button is now available in Ship Challenges once 3 stars has been reached in the final tier of Ship Building Materials, Ship Enhancement Droids, and Ship Ability Materials.

In my opinion, adding a new final tier changes whether you can multisim that challenge. We shouldn’t have been able to multisim at all.