New update

The new update is terrible, “quests”.. why????

Replies

• Riffinator
    2586 posts Member
    Options
    Why not?
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    As stated by the dev team they are to help newer players get a handle on the game, and figure out some of the ins and outs.

It also adds a level of "progression" to the game that it was sourly lacking.
  • Dralkyr
    457 posts Member
    Options
    Quests is actually one of the things I've been most looking forward to! I can't wait to get my hand on those.
  • Dxtrinc
    210 posts Member
    Options
    Gotta say the rebels learning thing has really helped me get more Leia shards and try out a high level team so I've enjoyed it
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    Options
    don't like them, don't do them; simple. Anybody pass the cheese please?
  • Antisora
    105 posts Member
    Options
    ^this Guy is seriously way too **** about a new aspect of the game had offers basically 0 rewards and affects him in no way if he decides not to do them.
  • Agarwaen
    136 posts Member
    Options
    Anything the devs do to entice and then keep new players in the game is alright by me. It allows me to continue playing the game I'm invested in.
    No new players = no game longevity so although this stuff isn't for me directly, I will still benefit from it in the long run.
  • Options
    Here is my thoughts on quests. I like them over all. Here are the pros:

They help new players learn the game at least in theory. I was 85 when they came out so I can't test that. I do know the learning curve in this game is steep and mistakes can have long reaching consequences, so anything that helps the newbies is a good thing.

They provide something to do when looking for a time sink.

They can be ignored with no real effect so there is no down side. being completely optional is a good thing.

They generate some free stuff from time to time, even if you ignore them. Yes the rewards are so minor this isn't a huge plus, but free stuff it always good.

And I kinda find them fun. I bet a few others will too. Again they clearly aren't for everyone, but they are for someone so that is a plus.

And the cons are:

The rewards are lame for the effort, but given nothing was taken away to implement them, you can ignore them at no real cost so nothing lost.

And they are a time sink. But given again there is absolutely no real loss for ignoring them, quests are completely optional thus you can waste exactly zero time on them and not notice it.

They aren't for everyone. But what is?

So in conclusion they take nothing away, will on occasion provide free stuff but negligible, gives you options on how to play the game, may help new players and subtract nothing form the game unless someone feels compelled to complete everything. But if that is the case that is more about them then the quests themselves. I like them and they take nothing from anyone who don't care for them so they are a good thing over all. Nothing is for everyone.