3v3 Fleet arena meta?

Prev1
Anakin_Skywalker
1801 posts Member
edited May 2018
What's the meta in the new 3v3 system?
So far ive found vader biggs imperial tie as initial lineup might be one of the best. And 7* executrix is infinitely better than 5* chimaera now, at least in my experience

Replies

• Options
    It's been live for less than 24 hours. While patterns are emerging, I doubt there's a solid consensus on the new meta already.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Caiaphas
    187 posts Member
    Options
    I know its early days, but 49 of the top 50 on my shard use Vader + biggs +1 (usually scimitar or tie) with Boba as the first reinforcement.
    It's beyond stale already.
  • Anakin_Skywalker
    1801 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    True and fair point but I was curious on people's thoughts. Also imperial tie almost never dodges now, unless it has a foresight buff lol
  • Options
    Boba as first? Is he good? I use first order tie or reaper as first reinforcement as of now
  • Options
    He comes in with taunt, prot up, and retribution. Plus he can hit multiple times on his basic and can take a few hits. So yeah, he's a solid first choice, especially if Biggs is down.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Options
    Oh thanks i haven't looked into his new abilities
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    Options
    He comes in with taunt, prot up, and retribution. Plus he can hit multiple times on his basic and can take a few hits. So yeah, he's a solid first choice, especially if Biggs is down.

Don't forget he inflicts ability block on the target as well, which can't be evaded or resisted.

Which is to say, don't forget to select your target BEFORE you bring him in.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    I really wonder what it will be. Right now everyones running vader tfp biggs, w bobba, but the results are super hectic.
  • Options
    Roopehun wrote: »
    I really wonder what it will be. Right now everyones running vader tfp biggs, w bobba, but the results are super hectic.

Sorry im a foreigner, what is it like when a result is hectic?
  • Options
    And I prefer the older fleet battles personally. Things were much more simple, less time consuming. Or too easy. Now it is harder to beat the same opponents that I did easily until yesterday
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options

Unpredictable. Following the same tactic and same ships, one time you beat your opponent with ease, while sometimes they win without even losing a ship..
  • Options

Unpredictable. Following the same tactic and same ships, one time you beat your opponent with ease, while sometimes they win without even losing a ship..

Oh thanks yeah it is really harder to manage the game with 3 ships. I frequently get struck by enemy chimaera's ult now.
  • Options
    Nothing changed. I still fight the same 5 guys every day, sometimes I destroy them, other times I can't kill one guy. Exactly the same now.
  • Options
    Does anyone else feel like they nerfed Executrix and beefed Chimaera? Not that the latter needed any increase. I used to easily beat anyone, including 7* Chimaera fleets, but now I'm getting decimated.
  • Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Does anyone else feel like they nerfed Executrix and beefed Chimaera? Not that the latter needed any increase. I used to easily beat anyone, including 7* Chimaera fleets, but now I'm getting decimated.

I personally feel the opposite way. Executrix is faster so reinforces and hits earlier every round + insane crit dmg paasively + 20% tm regen is much better than chimaera.
  • crzydroid
    7299 posts Moderator
    Options
    It seems that capital ship speed is going a long way so far. Which means Chimaera is now quite possibly the worst one.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    Tarkin is hugely improved. That TM gain is sexy.
  • TVF
    36600 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    crzydroid wrote: »
    It seems that capital ship speed is going a long way so far. Which means Chimaera is now quite possibly the worst one.

I won all my matches today using Chim, including a very easy one against Tarkin. No way Chim is the worst one now.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    TVF wrote: »

I won all my matches today using Chim, including a very easy one against Tarkin. No way Chim is the worst one now.

Are you going up against Tarkins with the TM gain upgraded? So far, as soon as everyones Tarkins are maxxed, he looks like he will be the best capital of them all
  • Sprat
    24 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Options

After playing a couple days now and refreshing my tries several times, yeah, I agree. I’m trying to mix up my lineup and strategically use reinforcements, but if I don’t have TFP in the initial lineup to gain TM, Chimaera gets off his big one before I get off my big one. That pretty much locks up their win. (Chimaera’s cooldown is 4, Executrix is 5) And even when I DO get off my big one, it doesn’t always destroy everyone like before. Definitely feels nerfed. (But maybe that will change when I get enough materials for the last +30% damage ability level bonus)...and my Executrix is WAY faster than all the Chimaera’s.

I’m my shard, 98% in the top 50 had been using Chimaera. I was the only one in the top 20 using Executrix. I would consistently finish in the top 5 every day. And everyone running 7* Chimaera’s. Then they started jumping on the Tie Reaper band wagon. It was tough but I still managed to pull off a team who could beat them WITHOUT me using Tie Reaper. Now I feel stuck if I want to continue using Executrix. Almost everyone is using the Biggs/Vader +1 combo with Boba as first reinforcement. So **** boring. So much for diversity. I hate Biggs but can’t find a team who can beat them unless I do the same. So at the moment I’m stuck using that apparent meta and sitting between 10~20.

I’m still experimenting, but can’t figure out a team who will work with Executrix to knock down chimaera’s TM and be strong enough (yet not squishy) to quickly finish off Biggs. Umbaran Starfighter is a decent reinforcement, knocks of their TM (and I’m assuming TM of Chimaera) but he doesn’t hit hard. A maxed out Phantom could be helpful.

Those of you using a 7* Executrix against a 7* Chimaera with the Biggs/Vader +1...what are you using that works?

So yeah, I def think some parts of Executrix got nerfed
  • Sprat
    24 posts Member
    Options

After playing a couple days now and refreshing my tries several times, yeah, I agree. I’m trying to mix up my lineup and strategically use reinforcements, but if I don’t have TFP in the initial lineup to gain TM, Chimaera gets off his big one before I get off my big one. That pretty much locks up their win. And even when I DO get off my big one, it doesn’t always destroy everyone like before. Definitely feels nerfed. (But maybe that will change when I get enough materials for the last +30% damage ability level bonus)...and my Executrix is WAY faster than their Chimaera’s.

I’m my shard, 98% in the top 50 had been using Chimaera. I was the only one in the top 20 using Executrix. I would consistently finish in the top 5 every day. And everyone running 7* Chimaera’s. Then they started jumping on the Tie Reaper band wagon. It was tough but I still managed to pull off a team who could beat them WITHOUT me using Tie Reaper. Now I feel stuck if I want to continue using Executrix. Almost everyone is using the Biggs/Vader +1 combo with Boba as first reinforcement. So **** boring. So much for diversity. I hate Biggs but can’t find a team who can beat them unless I do the same. So at the moment I’m stuck using that apparent meta and sitting between 10~20.

I’m still experimenting, but can’t figure out a team who will work with Executrix to knock down chimaera’s TM and be strong enough (yet not squishy) to quickly finish off Biggs. Umbaran Starfighter is a decent reinforcement, knocks of their TM (and I’m assuming TM of Chimaera) but he doesn’t hit hard. A maxed out Phantom could be helpful.

Those of you using a 7* Executrix against a 7* Chimaera with the Biggs/Vader +1...what are you using that works?

So yeah, I def think some parts of Executrix got nerfed
  • Options
    Geonosians with Biggs and reinforcements if sun fac, boba fett, gar saxon ship and ghost/phantom look pretty good.

Tie silencer also looks strong.

Two tie fighters and tie reaper took a hard nerf
  • Silky
    522 posts Member
    Options
    And I prefer the older fleet battles personally. Things were much more simple, less time consuming. Or too easy. Now it is harder to beat the same opponents that I did easily until yesterday

I'm finding it the opposite. I've been able to crush my entire fleet for months by being far stronger and having a much larger fleet than anyone else on my shard. Now people are able to level and gear up a smaller number of ships/characters to be competitive.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Corpus
    71 posts Member
    Options
    Currently using TF, FOTF, and Biggs with Boba, Scimitar, and Vader reinforcements.
    Seem to do well attacking, but I have been dropping more in the last two days then I used to.

Executrix capital.
    Don't have all the Empire ships yet. Thinking that with only 3 starters, faction bonuses might be a bigger factor then previously.
  • Options

Yeah, and all this time I've been farming other ships. My 7* G9 Boba should have had his Slave 1 by now, but I've been neglecting him. I'm only like halfway to unlocking it at all, so I know it's gonna be a while before he's viable. Sigh.

Still, I like the new options. Gotta rethink who to start with who to put on deck.
  • Corpus
    71 posts Member
    Options
    Having just finished a battle it feels as though the attack power of the Executrix - Imperial Assault was reduced.

They only had a damaged Umbaran Starfighter remaining when I called it and there was still a good 1/2 to 3/4 health left after.
  • Loy
    27 posts Member
    Options
    I neglected Ackbar after getting Chimaera, but I remember that Biggs under Scimitar buff was insanely effective. With 3 starting ships, perhaps Scimitar might survive long enough to put it on Biggs. So could be Ackbar, biggs, scimitar + 1.

Another thought is to use poe under chimaera in starting lineup to oneshot tfp if he is there. I want to max chimaera passive to test if maxed poe kills tfp.
  • Options
    Which means Chimaera is now quite possibly the worst one.

Clearly not true.

• Roopehun
    344 posts Member
    Options
    Which means Chimaera is now quite possibly the worst one.

Clearly not true.

But only because theres Mace.
  • Olddumper
    3000 posts Member
    Options
    I've been having luck running Tarkin (upgraded) and spamming his AOE. Put in some hard hitting ships and just run over the opponent.