Bounty Hunter quest is badly designed

13Next

Replies

• NicWester
    8928 posts Member
    Arctrooper wrote: »
    Just want to agree with the OP on this one. Quest was a good idea, but implementation of the Bounty Hunter one was poorly thought out.

Even trying, I get Bobas payout about 10% of the battles. Boba as Lead doesn’t work since they never get a turn. Greedo as Leader and just Boba doesn’t work since there are less than 10 people in most encounters.

I think its best to just Abandon this one as a big ol fail

You could always do a battle with just Boba.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Just want to agree with the OP on this one. Quest was a good idea, but implementation of the Bounty Hunter one was poorly thought out.

Even trying, I get Bobas payout about 10% of the battles. Boba as Lead doesn’t work since they never get a turn. Greedo as Leader and just Boba doesn’t work since there are less than 10 people in most encounters.

How do you only get Bobba’s payout to happen one out of every 10 battles? Try a Bossk lead?

Are you manually running GW or simming it? Yes it takes an extra 10 minutes to do it manually but you should get Bobbas payout to happen every battle.

I’m 368/500 for his payouts. It could be more if I wanted but I do sim Cantina nodes. I’m already at 50/50 for Wampa kills.

You just have to think outside the box a little on finishing these quests.
  • The current quests are mostly designed with new players in mind, not level 85 players who have been playing for two years.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    The current quests are mostly designed with new players in mind, not level 85 players who have been playing for two years.

This might be true except they require 7* and/or G12 characters.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Ploosh
    565 posts Member
    I always use Dengar as lead. As long as it's not a 1 wave super fast battle, you're pretty much garenteed to hit the contract. Took me a while of using Boba as lead and being annoyed at missing it to realize I could use another BH as lead. I was doing it with Asajj in there too, so double whammy.

What I'm really concerned about is how long killing 50 wampas is gonna take ... Still don't know where to reliably find them.
  • Ultra
    11491 posts Moderator
    edited June 2018

1. Quests are meant to be for fun challenges. If you don't like it you DON'T have to do it

2. Boba Fett's challenge makes sense to me imo. He's iconic so having a quest that requires him to be g12, fulfilling his contract is sensible. The Wampa condition is meh

3. I can't blame the devs for the downside of Boba's payout since its pretty much perfect, its like a straight up challenge to Raid Han (who will always be your initial contract if he is in opposing team). Its annoying to fulfill as a quest when going through GW or other game modes

I do agree 50 wampas and 300 fulfillment is a lot of battles and eh i won't even bother with it

• 12/21 bh title sub quests completed(all bh g12)
    Currently waiting for next darkside territory to complete ig88.
    The 1500 payout completions take the longest(I calculated over 30 hrs of game play for just these)
    For wampa: make the worst ugnaught lead team for your arena and drop rank. Then find wampa team with your bh. DO NOT WIN BATTLE. Complete payout, kill wampa, then let timer run. You will spend more valuable time switching to ugnaught again vs killing same wampa team.
    I got 1000 thermal detonator by the time I had 150 greedo payout completions.

Personally, I think there will be big things in store for epic title holders. Epic title holder only events possibly. At very least, we can agree newer players will have an easier time starting, since they probably aren't as attached to simming as long term players. Might make a power flip. Remember, the title isnt just check box text; it's a collected game item, which is a waste of programming UNLESS it's used as a key or a way to filter huge player database.
    Ps rewards shown for tier completions could be intentionally bad so it doesn't add up to do it. Remember when no one played fleet? Devteam loves the dichotomy of rewarding the road less traveled vs giving players that don't like their work the middle finger.

My Swgohnorrhea is acting up, cream dispensed in game, gotta go.
    Enjoy the grind my friends.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    sk2rmb7a6y8n.png
    I strongly disagree with original post simply because boba doesn’t have to have the lead to gain his payout. I use bossk lead and hunting party activates payouts quickly.You can also auto the gw table to boost this and if your into mind numbing grind use up all those marquee attempts with him.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I also was lucky enough to find someone in my arena using wampa so I try and keep my level around theirs , so in 2 days I was able to pick up those extra wampa kills. Keep in mind these aren’t made to activate and complete in 1 day.
  • HJoci30
    154 posts Member
    Just use bounty hunters when they give a new character I dont even do the event more than once. Im not rushing, but Im almost half way trought. Wampas are the hard part.
  • I think you meant that Quests are badly designed
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    I think they meant “ I want it now!”
  • Where do you find wampas for **** fet to kill
  • You haven't even mentioned killing 50 wampas... Also I did mine in galactic war. I used all bh team but had Hy to heal them you have to activly try to not kill enemy unilt one get to go though haha. It'll take about a month and a half to do. But it's a very annoying time commitment.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    never seen wampa in gw, but use it to do the bh if I have time (bossk lead is easiest I think). almost done, just need like 12 +20 wampas, which seem to only be in that tb (? iirc)
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • chron
    89 posts Member
    Acrofales wrote: »
    That it takes long isn't really a problem. Rome wasn't built in a day. Hell, killing 50 wampas with boba is gonna take 10 DS TBs, so 10 months!

I was just upset that even going into battle with boba, the enemies were too **** to even get the credit I needed. Going in with half a team does the trick. And doing the challenge is an even better advice. That's 15 battles a week, so in 10 months 450. Add credit heists and droid snuggling and we're set. In 10 months I'll let you know what 2/7 looks like...

Just go into every Battle Arena (Mod, Cantina, Light, Dark, but not Fleet) with Boba as leader, your choice of hunter who needs Bounties, and a low-level ally. Mod is best because those enemies attack early, allowing you to torp that attacker with Boba's rocket and then hit auto. Cantina is the worst because enemies are so weak that you have to stick around for all three rounds to gain the bounty, right down to the last enemy. I say this because I only attack Mod nodes at 10 energy and Cantina at 8 energy, allowing more battles and more Bounties to rack up. This, on top of Galactic War and whatever Squad Arenas you win, and 500 battles should be cleared up in 3 days. I'm already almost done with Greedo - which was easy throwing 1000 detonators away with Zam... did that in under 5 hours.

Wampas... yeah, that was unnecessarily hard. Had to drop Squad rank just to find low level opponents with 0-1 Zampas easily to beat, but even with that plus Imperial Retaliation took eight friggin months! I saw the other requirements for the other hunters and THAT is the big hurdle you'll have to face, which is ironic since, in order to auto the Wampas in Imperial Retaliation, you'd have to gear up to 12 on you Hunter squad anyway, so as long as you don't do that with Embo or Aurra or Jango (who don't count in the Quest), you'll already have them set for their own Quest levels (Boba, Greedo, IG-88, Zam, Cad, Dengar, and Bossk, in that order, all of which require 500 bounty achievements).