How many people prefer the new ship fleet arena

Prev134
Be987
1 posts Member
edited May 2018
They updated the fleet arena however I have read and agree with the fact that it has been ruined

How many people prefer the new ship fleet arena 146 votes

Like the update.
24% 36 votes
Don't like the update.
75% 110 votes

Replies

• Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    No opinion. I have to give it a few days first.
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »

This. Poll is fatally flawed.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • TVF wrote: »

You seem to always have a negative thought about everyone's comment. Move on dude
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member

While I understand the overall thought process of "seeing how it plays out", it doesn't take a few days to look at the stats and abilities and see that ships I slow farmed to 7* and pilots I geared to 12+ were just nerfed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You seem to always have a negative thought about everyone's comment. Move on dude

But I can't vote.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    Hate it!

But why.....to many people just raging hate but can't say why....

We hate that everything the Dev's said was straight up false, we hate the money grab....

But the actual additions of skill levels, Reinforcement skills, and a real grind for mats ahead of us actually brings flavor back to the ships...... I have EVERYthing maxxed....there was literally nothing to do anymore buy zetas, buy zetas.... Now with the june update I can have some daily fun..

Again I hate that the Dev's are 100 % wrong about everything they post.

But the actual UPDATE itself and content is pretty cool
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    the only difference that has affected me from 5V5 to 3V3 was in 5V5 I could kill 2-3 ships before the other player even went sometimes now I can only kill one...but the computer seems to get 6 turns for my 3 so that immediate 3v2 advantage dissapears quickly

I thought I was going to hate it because it would make arena harder to keep top 5 I don't even think I was attacked today lol....so yeah LOOOOOVE ;) no I actually like the mechanics
  • Mr_Sausage
    1869 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

While I understand the overall thought process of "seeing how it plays out", it doesn't take a few days to look at the stats and abilities and see that ships I slow farmed to 7* and pilots I geared to 12+ were just nerfed.

Ya I get that. The only thing I can say about that is probably everyone was hit with that nerf and not just a few select players. Most long term players have most of the best ships/pilots leveled up.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2018

Yes but TFV has corrected me sometimes and he corrects others when they are wrong... He usually does not rant and rave.... and he is wrong sometimes too.

Forum could actually use some more people like him... I bet he plays poker and likes game theory

• TVF
    36569 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Yes but TFV has corrected me sometimes and he corrects others when they are wrong...

You're wrong - it's "TVF" ;)
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Honestly the best part of this is you have to use different fleets based on the 3 ships you are about to fight... that's FUN that's variety. I understand a million people don't have all the ships maxxed and a lot of pilots maxxed but once you do, you will actually have to use hard counters and switch ships around....

out of the 99% of the stuff the DEV's got wrong in describing why they did this change the rock paper scissors part was accurate...

Now this update is going to blow for early shards... In a brand new ship shard if someone hard farms republic I bet they could time out ever battle on Defense if the AI does not suck... I almost wanna start a new account and try it
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Ya I get that. The only thing I can say about that is probably everyone was hit with that nerf and not just a few select players. Most long term players have most of the best ships/pilots leveled up.

Interesting. So nerfing things that people geared, leveled and possibly spent money on is acceptable if it's done to everyone. I have to admit, that's a new line of thinking to me.

I have played since launch. I did have most of the good ships/pilots leveled up - until CG changed who the best were. I don't have a single Geonosian at g12, and only 1 at level 85. That's kinda my point.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    They've never nerfed something before?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    They've never nerfed something before?

And while I $$$$ sped along my reaper that i won't use now I have to 100% accept that TM nerf with 3V3 it HAD to be nerfed otherwise battle over before it started...

maybe they could have given it more health cause it's still a piece of glass instead of a straight nerf....

But yeah Reaper was gonna be nerfed no matter what...if you read a 10000 posts leading up to this thing everyone posted that they knew it was coming...because it was obvious in a 3v3 start Reaper was just broken

• People who are saying they need to give the new battles more time before voting must have bad ships - I've already played enough ship battles to know this update is awful.
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    tomostef wrote: »
    Why hate? Cos they made silent nerfs on units that ppl spent time and money building them.

Silent nerfs? They said they would be rebalancing the ships.
  • Foxer
    461 posts Member
    Another example of taking our money then changing the rules to get more money from others.
  • FailingCrab
    1155 posts Member
    It's far too early to say. Also, from what I've seen most people aren't complaining about the new format, they're complaining that their favourite ships aren't as good anymore. Those are two separate things which shouldn't be conflated.

My early opinion is that reinforcements add an extra level of strategy into the game (there's no longer an ideal first reinforcement, it's more situational) and I don't think the AI will handle that well. Theory crafting does seem to suggest there are multiple good combinations now (I've seen good combinations proposed with each capital) but we need to see how it pans out in practice. I think if you repoll in a fortnight you'll get a better answer.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • TVF
    36569 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »
    It's far too early to say. Also, from what I've seen most people aren't complaining about the new format, they're complaining that their favourite ships aren't as good anymore. Those are two separate things which shouldn't be conflated.

My early opinion is that reinforcements add an extra level of strategy into the game (there's no longer an ideal first reinforcement, it's more situational) and I don't think the AI will handle that well. Theory crafting does seem to suggest there are multiple good combinations now (I've seen good combinations proposed with each capital) but we need to see how it pans out in practice. I think if you repoll in a fortnight you'll get a better answer.

Well after 15 battles it's not too early for me to see that this update stinks! Before it i finished #1 fairly easy almost every day, but now i can hardly make it to top #10. Goodbye 400 crystals!

"Stinks" and "stinks for you" are not necessarily the same.
  • Rhettro
    74 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    It sucks for a number of reasons:

1. It makes climbing HARDER than it was previously. I dropped out of my ship shards top 15 for the first time in a year today.
    2. It is a slap in the face for anyone who worked on ships, those who invested the time and effort to get a top tier fleet now are going to have to compete with those who did not invest their time.
    3. I am seeing NO paper rock scissors effect, just less of the same ships
    4. They nerfed reaper, ARE YOU KIDDING? That was the longest farm in the game, hands down. We should be REWARDED for working hard and farming that ship. Instead they made one that can be farmed out the freaking galactic war shipments alot better(Im looking at you Geo Spy).
    5. The reinforcement mats NEVER DROP
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Rhettro wrote: »

1. It makes climbing HARDER than it was previously. I dropped out of my ship shards top 15 for the first time in a year today.

The first one is already a winner. When you typed this, did it make sence? haha
    How can climbing be harder if you fell out of the top15 for the first time in a year? I mean, come on man, use your brain.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    I’ll be honest here, I’m new. I’ve been playing the game a few times since it’s release, and let me just say I’m a huge fan so I may be biased.

I don’t play ships much, but I like the update. It makes room for more ships, which at the moment is really all I care about. I’m f2p, so I just like having the good characters and ships, I’m not competitive. This update is just nice in my opinion, it’s EA’s strategy of promoting ships, which is hard it’s not popular, at least not with my friends or any guild I’ve ever been in.

I know I’m gonna get ripped to shreds now so go right ahead, I’m ready to see what other ideas you folks present
  • Its more or less a thinly veiled excuse to make chimeara even better than everyone else. His cooldown on his ultimate is 1 less than executrix so with the fewer amount of ships, chimeara will always come out on top
  • Rhettro
    74 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    leef wrote: »
    Rhettro wrote: »

The first one is already a winner. When you typed this, did it make sence? haha
    How can climbing be harder if you fell out of the top15 for the first time in a year? I mean, come on man, use your brain.

Easy, my team doesn't hold. It rewards those who didnt focus on ships by having a second chance and punishes those who did focus.

And since your so smart, why cant you spell sense?
  • I f***ing hate it so bad I'm about to take a break from the game. That's sounds whiny, but it's like they took all my previous substantial grind and flushed it down the toilet in a greedy money grab that's absolutely biased toward a legendary meta. Chimaera used to be no problem and is now unstoppable for me against my shard mates. Meanwhile, all the options I used to use for TM reduction have little to zero effect now.