How many people prefer the new ship fleet arena

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    Rhettro wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    It sucks for a number of reasons:

1. It makes climbing HARDER than it was previously. I dropped out of my ship shards top 15 for the first time in a year today.

The first one is already a winner. When you typed this, did it make sence? haha
    How can climbing be harder if you fell out of the top15 for the first time in a year? I mean, come on man, use your brain.

Easy, my team doesn't hold. It rewards those who didnt focus on ships by having a second chance and punishes those who did focus.

And since your so smart, why cant you spell sense?

you're*
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Rhettro
    74 posts Member

1. It makes climbing HARDER than it was previously. I dropped out of my ship shards top 15 for the first time in a year today.

How can climbing be harder if you fell out of the top15 for the first time in a year? I mean, come on man, use your brain.

Easy, my team doesn't hold. It rewards those who didnt focus on ships by having a second chance and punishes those who did focus.

you're*

You got me there, still aren't going to change some peoples minds on this one. And I will deal with it. But hey, thanks for trolling my opinion and insulting me. Made my day so much better!

• leef
    13458 posts Member

you're*

You got me there, still aren't going to change some peoples minds on this one. And I will deal with it. But hey, thanks for trolling my opinion and insulting me. Made my day so much better!

Well, it was mostly a miscommunication. When you said you dropped out of the top15 for the first time in a year i thought you meant exactly that, but judging by your 2nd comment you probably meant you couldn't reach the top15 for the first time in a year, wich makes a whole lot more sense.
    I'm not sure how it's rewarding for the players who didn't focus on ships though. It's not like those players are anywhere close to the crystal pay-out ranks.
  • Whatelse73
    2161 posts Member
    I was in tenth on my shard when this update happened. I'm now 42nd and can't win a match. No matter what configuration I try, it doesn't seem to do anything. Haven't won a match yet. I even tried various versions of the top 10 on my shard to see if using what they did worked. Nope.

I was already having enough trouble with the fleet AI cheating as much as it did (giving itself 100% crits, magically reducing its own cooldowns, having phantom buffs you don't see, etc), but it doesn't seem like much with that has changed. I even saw Slave 1 do a basic attack on another ship even though my Biggs had his taunt up just today. (But I'm sure it was just a one-time glitch, right?)

And yes, the bottom line of it is that people have worked hard to build up fleets to be competitive in arena for a long time. I was maintaining top 20 for a while and now I can't even win a freakin' match. Even if I get my reinforcements out first, my ships are being destroyed in 1-2 shots now, no matter what layout I choose. No one on my shard is even using Geonosians either.

Of course, "let's see how things go". lol sure.
  • Pinkz
    29 posts Member
    Absolutely HATE IT!!! **** were the developers thinking?? This is just an awful update, prolly the worst one I’ve seen since I started playing this game two years ago. It literally took all the skill and strategy out of Fleet, which is what I thought made it special when compared to Squad Arena. Now it just 100% based on luck and RNG. Better, stronger fleets lose easily now to weaker, less skilled fleets. It’s absurd and a total slap in the face to every player that took the time to build up a strong cast of 9 ships for their fleet.

This update makes me want to quit playing this game. Not even a slight exaggeration. This isn’t fun at all now, it’s just aggravating af.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Two battles today after three yesterday, 4/5 wins, about the same as usual. Fell about the same too. I've seen both ultimates used more though. Have also thought a bit more about which reinforcement to use. Seems fine so far.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that yes I maxed Reaper and farmed both pilots to G12, and I'm not even using it on my bench now. That's fine. Both toons are useful elsewhere and I had moved on to farming other things anyway.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

3. I am seeing NO paper rock scissors effect, just less of the same ships

Your just doing it wrong...

You have a ship in the red they have a ship in the yellow..... do you call in an attacker and kill his yellow or call in a healer for your red.... you have options now..

Every whine post has a common point... they don't have enough maxxed G12 ships to see that you need more than one fleet now in certain situations... they are losing or can't win because they refuse to stop using the same exact ships they have been using for a year...

I agree with a lot of your points...but not 3 your wrong on 3
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    reserved
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Whatelse73 wrote: »
    I was in tenth on my shard when this update happened. I'm now 42nd and can't win a match. No matter what configuration I try, it doesn't seem to do anything. Haven't won a match yet. I even tried various versions of the top 10 on my shard to see if using what they did worked. Nope.

I was already having enough trouble with the fleet AI cheating as much as it did (giving itself 100% crits, magically reducing its own cooldowns, having phantom buffs you don't see, etc), but it doesn't seem like much with that has changed. I even saw Slave 1 do a basic attack on another ship even though my Biggs had his taunt up just today. (But I'm sure it was just a one-time glitch, right?)

And yes, the bottom line of it is that people have worked hard to build up fleets to be competitive in arena for a long time. I was maintaining top 20 for a while and now I can't even win a freakin' match. Even if I get my reinforcements out first, my ships are being destroyed in 1-2 shots now, no matter what layout I choose. No one on my shard is even using Geonosians either.

Of course, "let's see how things go". lol sure.

link to your .GG If you worked hard to be competitive you should have fleets almost dead on with the other top 10...maybe we can help you..

It's well known he AI has stat boots that were put in long ago to make up for stuipd AI... now that the AI is a little better you can feel it but i doubt it will change.

I just want to compare fleets and see why you can't win

• TVF
    36577 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    It's well known he AI has stat boots that were put in long ago to make up for stuipd AI...

citation needed
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Is it wrong that I love the new gamemode because suddenly I am doing better in ship arena then ever before? No? yes? >;) Ahem.... As for others, guys, there is many reasons why people hate the new arena format, don't pretend that the reasons don't exist. For many many people this change is horrendous, but for the few people like myself who accidently'd themselves into the right ships to get ahead, its a bonus.

The worst part about this whole process is we had NO IDEA on any ship changes or what any of the reinforcement abilities were prior to the patch, we've not been able to theory craft anything at all yet.

We all knew it was coming but we knew nothing about it, that is the real issue here.
    Post edited by Gorem on
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    edited May 2018

No. Try again. He means that if you lost 15 spots the other people beat you and climbed 15 spots. Thus, climbing cannot be harder. Hence the "use your brain" part, which is his most important point.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    dimi4a wrote: »

you're*

He is a pro troll!

you're a pro whiner ;)
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Pinkz wrote: »
    This update makes me want to quit playing this game. Not even a slight exaggeration. This isn’t fun at all now, it’s just aggravating af.

I don’t understand why you want to quit. Fleets aren’t even the majority of the game, it’s mostly about characters, where battles usually run smoothly.
  • Nihion wrote: »

I don’t understand why you want to quit. Fleets aren’t even the majority of the game, it’s mostly about characters, where battles usually run smoothly.

I'm there as well. I depend on fleet arena placement to keep a good flow of zeta mats coming. I spent considerable resources to get a fleet to that point. It's now just been **** on. Doesn't make me feel like putting any more effort into the game.
  • VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Nihion wrote: »

I'm there as well. I depend on fleet arena placement to keep a good flow of zeta mats coming. I spent considerable resources to get a fleet to that point. It's now just been **** on. Doesn't make me feel like putting any more effort into the game.

Its literally been out 1 whole day. Sheesh. Might as well just take your phone and throw it in the ocean.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    I think if a lot of people threw a lot of phones in the ocean we'd all be better off.
  • BAST420
    33 posts Member
    Ship update is total garbage!!
  • TVF wrote: »
    I think if a lot of people threw a lot of phones in the ocean we'd all be better off.

But then all the dolphins would become addicted to social media...
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Mr_Sausage wrote: »
    No opinion. I have to give it a few days first.

While I understand the overall thought process of "seeing how it plays out", it doesn't take a few days to look at the stats and abilities and see that ships I slow farmed to 7* and pilots I geared to 12+ were just nerfed.

Yup, the entire update was just one big fleet nerf and a giant middle finger to everyone who leveled their ship abilities. Pre update nerf it was like driving a Mustang. Post update nerf it’s like logging on to find out you have a tricycle and have to spend time and resources ALL OVER AGAIN. This was a fake way to make it look like added content.
  • Degs29
    361 posts Member
    Still early, but I'm liking it so far. Far more tactical, which was one of the goals they were going for. You actually have to think about what you're doing, rather than the same old formulaic methods.
  • Just imagine if they did this with the characters in arena?? Hopefully they never will. That would be enough to make me walk away after 2 plus years of playing.
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    Degs29 wrote: »
    You actually have to think about what you're doing

I suspect some of the complaints are due to this right here. People are used to just mashing the same buttons because every fight was the same. Now that isn't working therefore ships are "garbage."
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Just imagine if they did this with the characters in arena?? Hopefully they never will. That would be enough to make me walk away after 2 plus years of playing.

They already have. When they added protection pretty much every toon ingame was either buffed or nerfed. People were upset back then aswell, but it was a great update.
  • Nihion wrote: »

The character battles are worse than even the new ships. I only okay for the fleet battles. Other than that I just farm raids and galactic war wity Nightsisters.
  • TVF wrote: »

I suspect some of the complaints are due to this right here. People are used to just mashing the same buttons because every fight was the same. Now that isn't working therefore ships are "garbage."

You suspect wrong. The RNG is **** and we have less ships to use. The reinforcement abilities are lame and don't even effect the battle
  • TVF
    36577 posts Member
    TVF wrote: »

You suspect wrong. The RNG is **** and we have less ships to use. The reinforcement abilities are lame and don't even effect the battle

You just proved my point.