Boba Fett G12 : how noticeable a difference

ddlooping2
1046 posts Member
Hi all :)

For those of you who have equipped Boba with the Bayonet and/or Multi-tool, how much improvement did you notice, especially in terms of damage dealt?

TIA ;)

Replies

• Foxer
    461 posts Member
    All depends on mods, otherwise just look at the numbers and do the math.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Foxer wrote: »

"just look at the numbers and do the math" sounds pretty straight forward, but is it really? I haven't really looked into it, but i have no clue how much difference a +120 physical damage, +60 armor penetration and +30 physical crit chance makes in terms of damage output.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Ok, let's see if I got this right.

My Boba has 3008 Physical Damage, so +120 would mean an increase of about 4%.
    He has 43 Armor Penetration, so the +60 would bump it to 103.
    He has 53.05% Physical Critical Chance, so +30 would...???

If the calculation only included Physical Damage it'd be pretty straight forward: equipping Boba would make him deal 4% more damage.
    However, how do the two other stats mitigate that figure? :/

Edit : if he gets his Payout, his Defense (Armor?) Penetration is tripled so it would be 309 (129 without the Bayonet).
    What does this mean in terms of damage?

@Foxer : I've done the maths but I'm none the wiser. ;)

Post edited by ddlooping2 on
  • Vendi1983
    5017 posts Member
    I put a gear on my FOTP that added 16 physical critical chance and it upped his percentage by almost exactly 1%. (49.6 to 50.69). They aren't directly correlated.
  • ddlooping2 wrote: »
    Ok, let's see if I got this right.

My Boba has 3008 Physical Damage, so +120 would mean an increase of about 4%.
    He has 43 Armor Penetration, so the +60 would bump it to 103.
    He has 53.05% Physical Critical Chance, so +30 would...???

If the calculation only included Physical Damage it'd be pretty straight forward: equipping Boba would make him deal 4% more damage.
    However, how do the two other stats mitigate that figure? :/

Edit : if he gets his Payout, his Defense (Armor?) Penetration is tripled so it would be 309 (129 without the Bayonet).
    What does this mean in terms of damage?

@Foxer : I've done the maths but I'm none the wiser. ;)

I have him at G12 with the Bayonet equipped and also his payout with 200% armor penetration activated, but he seems not to do any more damage after receiving his payout. I would have expected a way higher damage output. Also his Protection is not all that great from G11 to 12. But it could be quite useful for the Slave 1 now after the ships rework. So I would say it's not all that necessary, (I only did it because I just happened to have the gear needed) but I think it can come in handy, especially for Fleet Arena.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    For those wondering why I ask...
    - Keep the Bayonet for Wampa (but it's gonna be weeks/months before he gets to 7*).
    - Equip it on Deathtrooper (might help down Traya's lightsabers faster in the Sith Raid).
    - Equip it to Boba : I use him as leader in phase 2 of the Sith Raid, with Sabine and Leia (to be replaced by Wampa at a later date). I've also had success with him as leader vs Palp teams in Arena (with HS, Thrawn, Talzin + 1).
    - Equip it to Sabine : just because. :)

I guess the question becomes : to which character would adding a Bayonet make the most beneficial difference? :D
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    Thanks, @CombatCommander7, I had missed your reply (we probably posted at the same time). :)
    I have him at G12 with the Bayonet equipped and also his payout with 200% armor penetration activated, but he seems not to do any more damage after receiving his payout. I would have expected a way higher damage output.
    Maybe it's only effective/noticeable vs characters with high defense/armour and hardly noticeable vs those whose defense/armour is low.
  • BulYwif
    1977 posts Member
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    I guess the question becomes : to which character would adding a Bayonet make the most beneficial difference? :D
    The attacker having a big modifier like Han on his special. 3.699*120=443 more damages.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    BulYwif wrote: »
    The attacker having a big modifier like Han on his special. 3.699*120=443 more damages.
    Thanks, @BulYwif, but where can I find these modifier?
    Edit: found them at swgoh.gg. ;)
    Edit 2: the problem is they have the wrong info for Boba's Basic. :D
    https://swgoh.gg/characters/boba-fett/
    Edit 3: if it hasn't changed since it's 1.806.
    https://web.archive.org/web/20170905182919/https://swgoh.gg/characters/boba-fett/

• ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    deleted