I think I blew it going Jedi off the bat - advice?

So I got really excited, I got qui gon and luminara today, and then realized “oh Fish, I just lost all 5 battles and blew the galactic war really early. As I read through forums, it looks like Jedi is great... after you get General kenobi, the hardest player to farm in the game.

So can someone throw me some advice on what direction to go based upon who I have? Because I get the idea that I spent all my resources on jedis, only to get thrashed by Phoenix squad or dark sisters, etc every time.

Here’s my link:
https://swgoh.gg/u/handjobbathehut/collection/

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    At your level, I would say Phoenix is your answer. Farming them gets you palp and thrawn too.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    Options
    Well, you have 5 Empire characters, so you could build them up to make an Empire team and aim to get R2D2. Or you have 2 First Order characters, so you could build them up and add 3 more for a First Order team to get BB8.

But honestly, your best bet is probably to farm Phoenix like the players who are currently beating you
  • Options
    Ugh, I was hoping that wasn’t the concensus because that feels an awful lot like starting over. Especially because the level I’m sitting on in cantina will let me farm regular Kylie Ren, and I’m not far from getting vador
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    You're early. Changing course is easier. You don't even have anyone at seven stars yet.

Generally, the best advice starting out is to focus on Phoenix, then Empire, then Scoundrels.

Phoenix (particularly Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Chopper, Zeb) are pilots and get you Palpatine and Thrawn, and are a solid defensive team besides, who fare very well in GW.

Empire (particularly Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin, TIE Pilot, Thrawn) give you a strong dark side team that fares well in the arena. While waiting on the legendaries, decent potential filler characters include Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, and Magmatrooper.

Scoundrels (particularly Lando, Stormtrooper Han, and Boba Fett) are for credit/droid heists. Credit heists can get you a ton of credits, which will always be in short supply.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    i put more effort into jedi than i probably should have when i started too. i didn't realize how underpowered they are, and i really struggled in the arena for a while. the nightsister rework happened a few months after i started, and that's what i use now. there are a handful of basic configurations that are viable, so there's bound to be one you like. the ones you'd get to fastest are probably empire and first order
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    Generally, the best advice starting out is to focus on Phoenix, then Empire, then Scoundrels.

Phoenix (particularly Hera, Ezra, Kanan, Chopper, Zeb) are pilots and get you Palpatine and Thrawn, and are a solid defensive team besides, who fare very well in GW.

Empire (particularly Palpatine, Vader, Tarkin, TIE Pilot, Thrawn) give you a strong dark side team that fares well in the arena. While waiting on the legendaries, decent potential filler characters include Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, and Magmatrooper.

Scoundrels (particularly Lando, Stormtrooper Han, and Boba Fett) are for credit/droid heists. Credit heists can get you a ton of credits, which will always be in short supply.

Darn near perfect post - thank you for it!

• Empiric1
    346 posts Member
    Options
    If you haven't spent more than $25 yet I would start over
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    Empiric1 wrote: »
    If you haven't spent more than $25 yet I would start over
    Bah. Super premature for that.
    Still not a he.
  • Options
    YaeVizsla wrote: »
    You're early. Changing course is easier. You don't even have anyone at seven stars yet.

Thank you I’m going to follow this plan to a t. Double shart weekend should get my Phoenix characters unlocked Sunday morning. I’m going to use energy after that to stay on luminara and Ashoka because then at least I have a suitable backup for galactic war, then tide fighter pilot, then lando, then boba. (I’m planning on going just total farm mode this weekend).
  • Options
    Rrrr, lando is in the cantina, so the boba. Lando will wait.
  • YaeVizsla
    3448 posts Member
    Options
    There's always a line for your attention. This game is about priorities; take it one step at a time, and stick to your plan.

That said, there are several standard energy nodes you could farm Boba from, but I'd recommend farming him mainly from the cantina store after you get Chopper to seven stars.
    Still not a he.