Are you satisfied with the new Ship 2.0 update?

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited May 2018
    dimi4a wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    TVF wrote: »
    No it doesn't mean it's random, it means I haven't figured out the strategy yet. You also cut out my next sentence, which added strategy and reduced RNG. But that's ok, I know that Ships 2.0 makes you grouchy. You do you.

Funny enough ships 2.0 achieved just that - more RNG and less strategy and my 50+ battles and numerous ship combos so far have proven that!

You've done 50+ battles after the update?! Dang!
    my win/loss ratio is 8/2, seems about the same as before. Not for top ranks though, around ~75 orso.

Well before the update my tactics were working fairly good and #1 place was mine every day, now tactics don't have much of a success - my starting trio: TIE Adv., Biggs, ITF with Slave, Ghost and Scimitar in reserve!

that's what most of the teams around my rank look like aswell. Usually only slave1 and scimi are called in to reinforce, so i don't know about the other 2.
    I use the same starters, with FOTF, slave 1 and scimi as reinforcement.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Proof is a funny thing in this place.
    I need a new message here. https://discord.gg/AmStGTH
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Yes, absolutely.
    leef wrote: »
    Are you personally doing worse in fleet than you were doing before?
    That question is probably interchangeable with the question in the poll and you'll get the same results.

I think for a lot of people that will be how they look at this question.

For me, I am doing much better than I was before. Not that I wasn’t winning before, but I was also dropping way more than I would have liked. Now, not so much. I thought ships was pretty stale before. Every team was pretty much the same. Now, at least while everyone figures out what to run, I’m facing new teams. I’ve lost relatively few matches compared to others. For the first time in a long time, I’ve actually spent money on ships and would be willing to spend more. I’ve spent more time theory crafting ships in the past few days than I have in the past year.

I could keep going, but all in all, for me the positives far outweigh the negatives in ships 2.0.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    ^Exactly my point about proof being not anything of the sort. Just because you've convinced yourself of something doesn't make it the same for others.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Yes, absolutely.
    No it doesn't mean it's random, it means I haven't figured out the strategy yet. You also cut out my next sentence, which added strategy and reduced RNG. But that's ok, I know that Ships 2.0 makes you grouchy. You do you.

Funny enough ships 2.0 achieved just that - more RNG and less strategy and my 50+ battles and numerous ship combos so far have proven that!

What strategy was there before? Literally, every match was the same. I personally was on autopilot every single match I played.

Every! Single! Match!

Now, you have to think things through. I don’t know about you, but I read through abilities before I did anything. I refreshed a lot the first couple of days. I tried out different comps and then used different capital ships. I’m still not set on who I want to use. There’s more strategy in ships now than there ever was. Maybe the problem isn’t the update.
  • No. It's terrible.
    Before, it was fun-ish.
    Now it isn't.

Still newer to ships, only lv72, but the few ships I had lvld are now just trash in 3v3. Doesn't seem like I survive more than 2-3 rounds. Starved on the ship currency to lvl up ships, so can't just lvl others up to swap my team around.

Just my view point, but i'm still a newer player to ships. However this ship event/challenge is **** for me. No chance in hell on it or any other challenges.
  • the problem with the ship challenge was a major oversight, and they should not have made us suddenly learn such drastically new ship mechanics instantly. however i can accept 2.0 as the new reality, i've taken the time to learn it, and i'm winning again. so be it. whether this is actually better or worse than the old system i haven't yet decided. it may just be a very annoying lateral move.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Common sense and patience don't play well here, friend. ;)
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Yes, it's game over for you. I've probably gotten early TL 50% of the time and won 90% of my battles under the new setup. Your problem seems to go deeper than the new format.

And shouldn't a 7* capital ship have a large advantage over a 6* one, given that it takes months to acquire it? Yes.
  • No. It's terrible.
    Why? Why make such terrible changes? Why can’t I beat the tier 2 training droids challenge with all 3 Star ships. I literally can’t eventake out one ship and before the update I put up 2* on it. Absolute trash. Put it back.
  • No. It's terrible.
    Let me clarify though the fleet arena seems fine. It’s actually fairly balanced. It’s the events and challenges that are extremely unbalanced and need fixing. Desperately. Unless you are maxed out you can’t even take a ship out in this genosian fleet event. Lame as ****.
  • sying
    982 posts Member
    Yes, absolutely.
    sying wrote: »

What strategy was there before? Literally, every match was the same. I personally was on autopilot every single match I played.

Every! Single! Match!

Now, you have to think things through. I don’t know about you, but I read through abilities before I did anything. I refreshed a lot the first couple of days. I tried out different comps and then used different capital ships. I’m still not set on who I want to use. There’s more strategy in ships now than there ever was. Maybe the problem isn’t the update.

But it IS mostly about the RNG now, because if i don't get TL with the first attacks it's pretty much game over for me! Another thing is that now a 7* Chimaera has a huge advantage over a 6* one. The reason why this wasn't a problem before is because by having alot of extra ships into the game who are faster than capital ships, they would take plenty of turns to the point where the battle would most likely be over before a capital went off. Now with fewer ships the capital takes alot more frequent turns resulting into lowering the cooldown of it's ultimate ability sooner.

So make it non rng based. Set your squad up so the need for rng is reduced. Figure out how to get to the reinforcement first. That’s huge. Figure out which reinforcements come in first and why. If you don’t like the way they come in, change your team.

I really hope you’re not running a 6* chimaera and complaining about ships.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    sying wrote: »

Every! Single! Match!

But it IS mostly about the RNG now, because if i don't get TL with the first attacks it's pretty much game over for me! Another thing is that now a 7* Chimaera has a huge advantage over a 6* one. The reason why this wasn't a problem before is because by having alot of extra ships into the game who are faster than capital ships, they would take plenty of turns to the point where the battle would most likely be over before a capital went off. Now with fewer ships the capital takes alot more frequent turns resulting into lowering the cooldown of it's ultimate ability sooner.

I'd say that 6* chimeara has a bigger influence on the outcome of the match than RNG has. Just because YOU need good RNG to win to compensate for your lower star capital ship doesn't make fleet arena mostly about RNG.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • No. It's terrible.
    They nerfed ITF and reaper and buffed biggs. No other changes can make up for this lopsided rebel love. Biggs was already in every fleet and they said they wanted to get away from cookie cutter fleets. Great job!
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    No. It's terrible.
    I'm changing my vote to being against it, I realised that the RNG is so so much worse now that its made Ships a little more frustrating then before. Same guy hit twice, first battle? I lose everything and don't kill a single ship, 2nd battle? I lose nothing and he loses everything.

There is no balance with this 3v3.
  • No. It's terrible.
    Didn't like ships before but at least I'd win more battles than I do now. Today I'm 0 and 5 and I'm using the same team as the majority of the top 50. My rank atm is 177.

I swear you devs even think about doing this to toon arena and I hope crowds of people walk away from this game.

Sick of the changes being implemented that nobody ask for in the first place. Been here since launch and this update is one of the worst yet in my opinion. Also remove the freaking donation crap from guild chat man..yet one more thing nobody ask for.

Do y'all even play this game or do y'all just monitor what the players do and work more on building profits for y'all company?
  • Altazar
    49 posts Member
    No. It's terrible.
    I'm still playing the game and didn't lose my position in Fleet Arena. After last update I didn't changed my mind and still thinking that 3v3 is bad idea.
  • No. It's terrible.
    Worst thing to ever happen to this game

Worse even than the OP DSTB
  • Zombie961
    1819 posts Member
    Yes, absolutely.
    I have to actually strategize during battles, using ships that were collecting dust before, Tarkin and Ackbar semi viable, AND not fighting a mirror match every time? Yeah sounds like a dumpster fire to me
  • Jenjhys
    272 posts Member
    No. It's terrible.
    The fleet 2.0 = end of strategy!

Now the only way to play is to use Biggs and Vador...
  • DarthBugdrops
    133 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    you know this is the fact about ppl, they are never satisfied with anything! chances are they complained bfore, and now they got a new thing to complain about. all in all, i just dont see a huge impact old vs new, things changed up a little bit that's all! and yeah i can nuke down ppl within a minute with ackbar lol. capitals have alot more impact now then before i think, especially speed, if u can flood your field with more ships u win.

but i thing this is a flaw in human beeings, they think if they change something they will have peace everything will be better, but they just find new things to complain about. instead of realizing maybe i am the problem? nothing wrong with a normal discussion and relevant ideas.

if i would have some ideas for fleet, i thing we need a few more capitals to support subclasses who do not interact fully with for most part capital passives, or give all ships the full benefit. and id like to see alot more ships aswell. this is not a complaint but, if we compare to how rich heroes for arena is, however limited to 30 or so arena viable ones. i think CG need to implement more of this into ships and more capitals. but with more things viable, and more counters for example that is a great thing. in every game balance will be an issue, its hard to make it even. but i still believe endurance need a buff and tweak to abilities. i think the real rework would be to make capitals, one counter to another and so on ontop of introducing more of them, heck even holdo could have a capital! ontop of adding alot more ships, esp. JKA ship to have a subclass with ahsoka for example. this would be great.. more diversity and more ships!
  • i guess we need more diversity and counter teams, ontop of a few new capitals. consider the last jedi, first order capital. and a much larger rooster of ships.
  • Miketo28
    205 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    No. It's terrible.
    I am doing better with ships 2.0, (usually finish #1, if not then top 4), but I still voted 'no'. Imagine if EA just randomly decided to nerf CLS, JTR, or some other pivotal toon. Outrage and a justified outrage would result.
    This game is about two things. First, the grind. Second, choosing what to grind. I chose to grind pilots, Phoenix (for Thrawn) and the tie reaper. While I made this choice, others didn't. Others chose to grind their arena squad, or toons for raids.
    How can EA justify nerfing ships and then giving significant boosts to the most underused ships? Slap in the face to those of us who decided to grind a great fleet squad.
  • TVF
    36568 posts Member
    Miketo28 wrote: »
    I am doing better with ships 2.0, (usually finish #1, if not then top 4), but I still voted 'no'. Imagine if EA just randomly decided to nerf CLS, JTR, or some other pivotal toon. Outrage and a justified outrage would result.

I'm pretty sure that exact thing has happened in the past.
  • 3) Couldn't care less. Daily enter/retreat is all I use it for.
  • Trystan_Spyder
    1300 posts Member
    edited June 2018
    ...now you've just sent the message that our hard work can be nerfed at any time so why bother trying
    If that's someone's mindset, they better give up on any online game ever. Go back to playing solitaire with cards. Developers will always make adjustments to re-balance in game forces. Not investing for fear of a "nerf" is going to leave a player with nothing to do. Demanding that nothing ever be nerfed because someone already invested in it leads to wild imbalances and massive powercreep. I built a Reaper - and got to use it for a whole week (first active in my shard). Does it stink it's on the shelf? Sure - that's time I could have spent working on something else. But it DID need to be adjusted.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/